Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

ROUND 1: ALFDOGG VS. KAMALA (24 HOURS TO VOTE)

ROUND 1

• Alfdogg

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Kamala

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score

steve-jones-walton-gumbel-832x447.png

ROUND 1 - 90s NBA DRAFT TOURNAMENT:

ALFDOGG VS. KAMALA

24 HOURS TO VOTE

HERE IS THE RUNDOWN:

ALFDOGG:

Starting lineup:

C: Shaquille O'Neal
PF: Bill Laimbeer
SF: Dennis Scott
SG: Kobe Bryant
PG: Isiah Thomas

Bench:
Toni Kukoc, SF/PF
Clifford Robinson, SF/PF/C
Rod Strickland, PG
Allan Houston, SG
Antonio Davis, PF/C
Steve Kerr, PG/SG
Terry Mills, PF

I feel like this team is capable of playing any style. Isiah Thomas led two championship teams in a grind-it-out style, but also showed that he can excel in an up-tempo game, as well. He did lead the highest-scoring team in NBA history, after all. And Orlando Shaq could run the floor with just about anyone and finish strong. Kobe is still very young, but blossoming quickly, and this group of vets will bring a fire out of him like we haven't yet seen. Double-team at your own risk, and the threes start raining down. Teams with this much shooting are going to rule the league in the future. The 90's aren't ready for us. You've been warned.

KAMALA:

Starting lineup

PG Allen Iverson
SG Steve Smith
SF Glenn Robinson
PF Charles Barkley
C Robert Parrish

Bench
PG Nick Van Exel
SG Nick Anderson
SF AC Green
PF Antoine Walker
C Bison Dele

Crunchtime Lineup
PG Allen Iverson
SG Bobby Phills
SF Antoine Walker
PF Charles Barkley
C Manute Bol

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I voted for my team cause I'm me but Alfdogg's team is hard to beat. My only hope IRL is that there would be chemistry issues with young Shaq & Kobe and The aging Bad Boys that my team of party animals would be able to exploit.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Some people were mentioning potential influence if posts were made so I was trying to give it some time.

Anyway, I voted Alfdogg. Shaq, Kobe, and a bunch of shooters? Shaq would kill Parrish dead on the court then run the fuck over Manute Bol. They'd also bring the Bad Boys attitude through Laimbeer and only Charles Barkley would fight back.

OG

OG
Reaction score
Voting for Alfdogg. It comes down to no one on Kamala's team being able to guard Shaq, while I could see Thomas hounding Iverson into a poor shooting game and Barkley getting frustrated having Laimbeer and Shaq breathing down his neck.

The benches are fairly equal but I really like the versatility Alf could have with Kukoc coming in for Laimbeer and spacing the floor even more.

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I like Alf's bench better (a guy or two could start IMO) and as mentioned, Shaq would be a heavy load in this matchup. Barkley would do his damnedest, but I don't think he'd get enough help, even with young Iverson on his side.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Kamala voted for himself, so it’s only fair that I did the same.

Lots of offensive firepower on Kamala’s team, but also a lot of guys looking for their own shots first, although I do think AI would be a more willing facilitator with this talent around him. I assume Phills is in there in the crunch time for defense, because I think NVE has to be an option for the last shot. One of the most clutch guys from that era who doesn’t get the recognition for it that maybe he should, since he wasn’t a perennial all-star level player. Sort of like Jamal Crawford today.

Hope that doesn’t rub salt in the wounds but I wanted to at least contribute something

Reaction score
Alright. A scintillating matchup comes to an end. The team led by the trio of Shaq, Kobe and Zeke takes out the trio of Barkley, Iverson and Parrish. For the next matchup, we'll skip over to Youth N Asia/Brooklyn Zoo so I can get some time to track down YPOV for his rotations.