Staff member
Reaction score
WWE_Rumble_2021.jpg

right now all that is scheduled is

Men's Rumble
Women's Rumble
Roman Vs Kevin Owens
Drew Vs Goldberg

but in something that is actually a get for WWE Bad Bunny will be performing his big hit "Booker T" at the show

I'm actually shocked that they capitalized on this. They're normally terrible at that stuff.

Anyway thoughts and predictions? Anyone bothering to watch this?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I have almost zero interest in the product but I will not miss The Royal Rumble (or WrestleMania). Excited for Reigns Vs Owens LMS as well.

Really hoping Daniel Bryan finally gets the RR win we wanted 6-7 years ago.

Now watch Constable Baron Corbin win it or something.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
The Rumble is one of the things I look forward to most in wrestling so I'll be watching those. No interest in the rest of the card.

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
Who the fuck is Bad Bunny?

Unless Booker T is a mystery entrant and the performance leads to his entrance, I couldn't care less.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
bad bunny is one of the handful of must popular musicians on the planet. He was the most streamed musician of 2020. I don't care about musical acts personally but this is a huge deal for WWE.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's a big get, but I will probably be getting food during Bad Bunny like I would when the most popular musical artist of any year since 2005 would perform. Excited for the Rumbles like usual. One of the only times I get excited for WWE anymore.

Last edited:

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
im into roman vs KO as well as the rumble matches btw. First time I've givena fuck about Owens in years. Roman is just that good.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
bad bunny is one of the handful of must popular musicians on the planet. He was the most streamed musician of 2020. I don't care about musical acts personally but this is a huge deal for WWE.
damn i really am in a wrestling bubble. and i barely watch wrestling anymore

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Anytime someone says someone is the biggest musician in the world, that person is probably prominent in the Reggaeton or Trap genres and I am completely aloof to those genres of music beyond trying to listen to Reggaeton in High School and hating it. Same thing happened with the J Balvin meal on McDonalds a few months ago where I had no idea who he was, but he's one of the biggest musicians in the world.

Also most of the most popular things these days are particularly terrible (especially in music) which is what I use to make myself feel better for being out of touch.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but if you're making music in 2021 but not in 1997, I probably don't know who you are.

JHawk

Reaction score
In doing some research, Bad Bunny became the first Latin artist to have an album debut at #1 on the Billboard chart with his latest album in November.

Also in doing research, my teenagers don't know he is and an informal poll of asking co-workers "Have you ever heard of Bad Bunny" led to a lot of "who" with one "Is that a children's book" and one "Is that like Grumpy Cat" mixed in, so nobody I know outside the wrestling bubble knows him either.

The Amazing Rando

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'd resubscribe to the Network/Peacock if some kid's dick of a rabbit somehow introduced Booker T for a segment where he, oh I don't know, made Retribution look worthless and pathetic, I guess?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Opener could have been worse but we really don’t need to see Goldberg attempt the pro wrestling version of George Foreman-Ron Lyle ever ever again.

JHawk

Reaction score
I thought that was a fun three minute sprint but any longer and I would have probably hated it.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I thought that was a fun three minute sprint but any longer and I would have probably hated it.
I would have enjoyed it more if it wasn’t basically the same thing as Goldberg-Lesnar from WrestleMania 33.

This is my first time seeing Carmella’s current gimmick and it seems like it would be better used one someone who is actually good.

claydude14

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Lol came here to say this is the first I’ve seen or even heard of Reginald.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Was he an indy worker at some point? Someone in the IWC somewhere is like “actually Reginald was really awesome on the indies. I can’t believe WWE would use him like this.”

This is from someone whose local Indy used a young Palmer Cannon as their top baby face in the early ‘00s ...

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Just googled Reginald and he wasn’t picked up from the indies but Cirque De Soleil!

Cue boomer wrestling fans grumbling.

JHawk

Reaction score
So...if I was fluent in Spanish would I have given a shit about Bad Bunny there?

If he's really that big a deal, wouldn't you put him on Raw and hope he'd draw a rating and not on a PPV that has no fans in the arena? Because ain't nobody subscribing to the Network for a 3-minute song, so without ticket sales I don't see the point.