Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Royal Rumble 2021: Brought to you by Bad Bunny

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
On the Michael Kay Show today they've been talking about Rosenberg's 24/7 title win almost the entire show.

(Rosenberg is a cohost)

Mainstream appeal

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
On the Michael Kay Show today they've been talking about Rosenberg's 24/7 title win almost the entire show.

(Rosenberg is a cohost)

Mainstream appeal

And WWE shot angle on the Kay show where R Truth won the title back!

The Amazing Rando

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I know kayfabe is dead and everything but it's still really weird every year to see photos from the Women's Rumble rehearsal. It's especially jarring when there are storylines in the match like Charlotte wanting to rip Lacey Evans apart (for about 90 seconds and then forget about her) or Lana "getting lucky" against Nia Jax.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Crying neckbeard meme with caption "Modern WWE Fan" underneath: BUT ROMAN REIGNS IS GOOD NOW!!!

I'm missing the neckbeard (or am I?) but Roman IS fantastic and that feud had been great until that match whatever that package might have portrayed. I'm one of the biggest detractors of Kevin Owens on the board but their TLC match was great and his promo work was the best stuff he's done in years. The match on the Rumble was handicapped badly by being a LMS (which we were talking about in the chat as it was happening) it was picking up only for the finish to be botched completely beyond redemption because Heyman couldn't uncuff Roman. It wasn't either Roman or KO's fault. They deserved a better blowoff to their feud and it's really too bad.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I still can’t believe they didn’t have gimmicked handcuffs for that finish. Of all the things they overly choreograph, you leave the biggest, most time-sensitive spot of the match to chance?

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fun fact: A pre-fame Nicki Minaj did the theme that Victoria came out to.

Hoff

EVERYTHING
Reaction score
I really wanna post "hey I'm back after 10 years, so I get to win the Royal Rumble right?" but I'm afraid no one will remember anymore.

Show was great, I enjoyed seeing the young up and comers of the Ruthless Aggression era focused on so strongly.

I did love the spot with Rhea and Bianca where they were both sitting on the apron and just slowly reached an agreement to roll back in and start over again. I don't immediately recall seeing anything like that in a Rumble match. Good stuff. Hope Belair kills it at Mania.