Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

RT Me in Person: The 2021 Independent Wrestling Compendium

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think everyone expected something of a down year for independent wrestling in 2020, even before the pandemic but COVID-19 has hit the Indies way harder than the major brands. WWE and AEW (and to a lesser extent, ROH) have stripped the scene fairly thin and most independent promotions don't have the capability to run shows. Will the scene be able to recover and create the next generation of stars or will the nose dive continue?

Starting the year off in random (but cool) news...Mr. Grim came out as pansexual. Mentioned this earlier but I love how inclusive independent wrestling is becoming.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
I wish her nothing but the best in her personal life and her battle with mental health, but I also can't ever see a major company working with her outside of job duty no matter how incredibly talented or good a person she is.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If she keeps her price reasonable enough, I would take a chance on her as an Indy promoter but afaik she is retired for good but who knows in rasslin.

Reactions: Laz

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I went to my first indie show last Saturday, Synergy Pro Wrestling: 1-2-21, in NJ. It's the 4th show my daughter has gone to there. Jordan Oliver is one of their big home grown talents, and he was going for the SPW Championship against then current champion Brandon Kirk (the deathmatch wrestler). My daughter is a big fan of both Kirk (the husband of her favorite wrestler, Kasey Catal), and Jordan, but she's a bigger fan of Jordan. He ended up winning the title, and she got to meet him after and took this picture, which I think is fantastic. It's probably one of the best pictures I've ever taken. He walked out, dropped to the floor and handed my daughter his title. She posed perfectly. She looks like she could be his manager.

135350417_10165044922660457_3981099027298234699_n.jpg

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jordan Oliver probably belongs in discussion of most improved during the pandemic on the indy scene. I always thought he had potential to be a really strong Cruiserweight but he was too scrawny even by indies standards. He has really taken these last few months to fill out.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Genuinely speechless but tbh, super old Ricky Morton is probably the most currently relevant guy they have gotten in a Super 8 Tournament in 12-13 years.

Laz

Reaction score
Tiger Mask W is on RIGHT NOW, and DEFY is on after with a main of Austin Aries vs. Shane Strickland.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
A few more details. IWTV is loaning them the aforementioned DEFY and Women's Wrestling Revolution libraries, they'll also air Season 1 of Beyond Wrestling Uncharted Territory. So now @Laz can follow up on me and @Big Beard Booty Daddy two year old recommendations.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
A few more details. IWTV is loaning them the aforementioned DEFY and Women's Wrestling Revolution libraries, they'll also air Season 1 of Beyond Wrestling Uncharted Territory. So now @Laz can follow up on me and @Big Beard Booty Daddy two year old recommendations.
Please ignore all the David Starr matches. (tugging collar)

At least, Joey Ryan never showed up there.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I am 99.% sure this is first intergender iron man match. This will be great!

I believe it is. Tony making history on top of history (first 2 hour iron man match, 1st intergender iron man match). You love to see it. This should be tremendous. Trish is so good. She and Jordan Blade had my top woman's match of 2020.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've only seen two matches but just from that, I would already put her as one of the 10 best female workers in North America and I think she has massive potential to be mainstream crossover star. I think she has the type of personality that potentially to draw in non fans.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
She's an amazing talent with a great look. As mentioned, her match against Jordan Blade, which is from Synergy Pro Wrestling Women's GSI, can be found on IWTV. I am so stoked for her vs Tony. If you're into mat wrestling, this is going to be a classic.

Laz

Reaction score
I see she worked a match with Lindsay Snow, who I like when she goes work-shoot and don't care much for when she focuses on PR0 RASSLIN. Don't have the time to watch it right now, but I'll be checking it out.