Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Ruthless Aggression era WWE or Early TNA Wrestling?

Which is better?

• Ruthless Aggression era WWE

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Early TNA

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
WWE taking Sean O'Haire's Devil character away from him, and making him Roddy Piper's thug with no gimmick, IMO, left a ton of money on the table. He was owning it in those promos, and the potential seemed endless.

Now, Raw in 2003 was an absolute shit show. Scott Steiner bombed, and nothing seemed to click, except for the handful of barn burners that HBK and Triple H had.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Aye. TNA was more consistent with its positives, but those positives regularly involved the same crop of talents and, unfortunately, around the same spots on the card. We'd go from something as amazing as an AJ/Daniels match to absolute crap like Jarrett going over Monty Brown, and even the early shows would have an awesome X-Division multi-man match to start and then go right into the Dupp Cup.

Week to week? It was better on a regular basis because at least things were happening. Hell, it made a feud like Erik Watts vs. Don Callis into something actually worth watching.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Erik Watts: Comedy Authority Figure was great.

Hard 10 was was great on account of headshots and New Jack using Shark Boy's Hulk Hands.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hard 10 is the stupidest wrestling gimmick match I admit to liking. I guess with New Jack you got to enjoy while he lasts, but his team with Shark Boy was a blast for the few weeks it happened.

Valeyard

Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6twEjOywme0

Best segments that didn't have the Rock in them.

I know he's a sociopath but man New Jack is entertaining.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This evening, I'm having a super strong urge to subscribe to Impact Plus so I can watch '00s TNA PPVs.

I never even liked TNA/Impact that much outside of a few years in the early-middle part of last decade. There's plenty I have to watch on WWE Network, IWTV, and New Japan World but for some inexplicable reason, I really feel the urge to relive the worst years of Jeff Jarrett's career rn.

Laz

Reaction score
https://pluto.tv/live-tv/
They have an Impact channel that regularly shows Asylum-era shows. In fairly random order.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I have Pluto and got stumped looking for that channel. I did find the channel that shows '00s AAA shows though!

TNA Genesis 2009 is just wrapping up right now FWIW, fellas.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I just got off work and first thing I see when I fire up the Roku is CM Punk and Julio Dinero beating Raven with help of James Mitchell with a chloroform soaked rag. Might have to switch my vote.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was kind of into that feud big time, but I don't remember a proper blow off. I know they would have Punk and Dinero vs Raven and a partner (Sabu, Terry Funk, Sandman, etc) for months, but I can't remember if they actually had a big blow off match. They might of just scrapped the feud after Punk left TNA because of his fight with Teddy Hart.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That handicap match was followed by Abyss Vs AJ Styles at Lockdown 2005, which is a match I always heard great things about but never bothered to check out. This match rules ass (even with Pluto TV's abrupt random ass commercial breaks).

Abyss could've been the millennial Mick Foley if he hadn't spent almost all of his career in stupid shitty TNA. Change my mind.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Their Twitch shows random shows still but it went from classic shows all the time to watch alongs with Jade Chung to repeated recaps of the Sabu/Abyss monster's ball. It is all still better than Ruthless Aggression, said in total bias.

Laz

Reaction score
Real talk: mallgoth Alexis Laree hanging out with Raven, Punk, and Dinero was hotter than bubbly SWF Mickie James. Mickie the MILF, though, is prime.

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Nymyzys said:
WWE taking Sean O'Haire's Devil character away from him, and making him Roddy Piper's thug with no gimmick, IMO, left a ton of money on the table. He was owning it in those promos, and the potential seemed endless.

Now, Raw in 2003 was an absolute shit show. Scott Steiner bombed, and nothing seemed to click, except for the handful of barn burners that HBK and Triple H had.

From what i remember Sean couldnt do them live without bursting into laughter so it got nixed.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1253790820207144960
Heads up for all you fans of that sweet '00s TNA action.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
https://pluto.tv/live-tv/impact-wrestling-channel
Right now they're playing the December 3rd, 2003 edition of Impact Wrestling if anyone wants to tune in.

Tuned into the middle of a Shane Douglas & Michael Shane Vs a very young (and with hair) Sonjay Dutt and a very young and skinny fat Chris Sabin.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Oh shit. Now it's PCO's short lived TNA character X Vs Don Harris.

They had a video package before the match that kept repeatedly a clip of PCO eating a shit and hitting a senton bomb on the ramp.

TNA Management has ordered Don Harris to work a singles star. OK then.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Sabin looked so sleazy back in the good old day. Was nice when he got good.

Reaction score
Nymyzys said:

Triple H/Steiner at the Rumble is one of the funniest matches I’ve ever seen

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Main event of this show is one of AJ Styles first NWA World Title shots against Jeff Jarrett.

One of the greatest wrestlers of the 21st Century...defends his belt against AJ Styles.

Reaction score
hqdefault.jpg

Valeyard

Reaction score
Nah, he'd already beaten AJ a month earlier, which I only remember because it was the last weekly ppv I ever got and because they were convinced Jarrett and Hogan was happening at the very first Bound For Glory.

Valeyard

Reaction score
AJ's first title run was some Rey shit.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Christopher Daniels has aged very little in the past 17 years.

America's Most Wanted on the other hand...

Valeyard

Reaction score
It would only load part of the tag threeway for me but yeah, AMW are unrecognizable. David Young is the ultimate manlet though.

Laz

Reaction score
The Valeyard said:
AJ's first title run was some Rey shit.
Worse than that. His first title run was all about the Jarrett/Russo feud that people had already gotten sick of. If he wasn't AJ and didn't have that fun series with a reinvigorated D'Lo Brown...

Valeyard

Reaction score
I think the only guy he beat clean was Lynn and was like a week before he dropped it back to Jarrett.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Looking to see if something fun was on PlutoTV tonight but it's Slammiversary 2015 not peak era Impact.

Slammiversary 2015 does have the last King of the Mountain and the last great moment of TSM's favorite wrestler in his TNA career though.

Valeyard

Reaction score
https://www.twitch.tv/impactwrestling Drew Vs Bob!