Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Saturday Night Live

Captain of Outer Space

reaching for the sky just to surrender
Reaction score
MOD EDIT - 2009-2012 discussion: http://www.therealtsm.com/index.php?topic=1549.0

----------

Trainwreck ahoy:

Justin Bieber will be the next musician to do double duty as host as well as the featured performer on Saturday Night Live.

A spokesperson for NBC, which broadcasts the longrunning sketch show, confirmed on Wednesday that Bieber will indeed take the SNL spotlight on Feb. 9.

Earlier this week, the Stratford, Ont. singer posted a teasing Twitter update hinting at the gig. "Maybe I'm hosting and performing on SNL...maybe," he wrote on Monday.

The singer last appeared on the show in 2010, when he performed his song U Smile and serenaded SNL alum Tina Fey in a sketch.

Credit to him if we have a Justin Timberlake moment, but I have the feeling it's going to be a very polarizing show.

Mattdotcom

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There's no way a hardcore drug addict like Justin Bieber is gonna get through a live broadcast

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Way too much Bobby Moynihan tonight. He's in every sketch and contributes nothing (Unless you love wannabe gangster characters).

Jennifer Lawrence looks fine though.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Pretty bad show. The short film was awful. Fred is embarrassingly bad now. I did like the Dog Chef and Civil War sketches. Lawrence looked great but she was saying her lines too fast so her timing was all off

Reaction score
What was with the fuck ups tonight on prerecorded shit? The announcer said 8 when the screen said Hobbit 10 and then they had where the video would pause and they'd still have the live crowd just sitting there wondering what the fuck was going on.

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score
Brocklock said:
Way too much Bobby Moynihan tonight. He's in every sketch and contributes nothing (Unless you love wannabe gangster characters).

Jennifer Lawrence looks fine though.

You're crazy. Anthony Crispino and Drunk Uncle are pretty much the best characters on Weekend Update.

Also, Moynihan as the fat dwarf from the Hobbit... amazing.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Something I didn't know till today was that Bob Odenkirk did some freelance writing for the show during the historically awful 94-95 season. Along with Smigel, Andy Breckman(he wrote Japanese Gameshow sketch that season and would later on create the show Monk) and Jack Handey! Don't know if any of Bob's stuff made air but it would be interesting to find out. Handey also. This was in the infamous NY mag article in 95 that declared the show dead

Ed Wood Caulfield

Integral Poster
Reaction score
strummer said:
Something I didn't know till today was that Bob Odenkirk did some freelance writing for the show during the historically awful 94-95 season.

Yep, and he apparently hated the experience. One reason why David Cross has said he would never host SNL.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Ed said:
strummer said:
Something I didn't know till today was that Bob Odenkirk did some freelance writing for the show during the historically awful 94-95 season.

Yep, and he apparently hated the experience. One reason why David Cross has said he would never host SNL.

That and he's likely never been asked.

Ed Wood Caulfield

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Youth N Asia said:
Ed said:
strummer said:

He's also said that he's never found the show that funny to begin with.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Ed said:
Youth N Asia said:
Ed said:
strummer said:

He's also said that he's never found the show that funny to begin with.
MHZn6Dp746O3r8JLxBmqnA

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Ed said:
Hey, Mr. Show could be pretty great.

Mr. Show is great and Kamala is just referencing how Cross has become this Mr. Show character.

Mr. Show - The Last Donut

This character is David Cross whenever he isn't on Mr. Show/Arrested Development/Other shows and is being interviewed or doing his stand-up or being David Cross.

Reaction score
That Ray Lewis part on Weekend Update was amazing. Ending with him ascending into heaven was tremendous.

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Levine did better than I thought he would, which will contrast nicely with the Bieber abomination on tap.

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
Does anyone know why older episodes on Hulu + are butchered down to like 30-40 minutes? I was going to do the free trial to watch the 86-90 seasons, but none of them are complete

Is Netflix the same way?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yep. Music rights are expensive as fuck. That's why they haven't released any of the seasons after the first five on DVD either. They'd have to sell an insane amount of copies to justify the costs.