Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Sick card, bro: The GCW Thread

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was listening to a week old or so interview with Joey Janela on my trip to Boston yesterday. He said that because of how strict the NYC Athletic Commission is, they aren't going to be allowed to have any blood on the show at Hammerstein Ballroom in January.

Thank God that the ROH guys are available* (and presumably Joey's best buddy Tony Khan will lend him some AEW guys) because I feel like a straight ahead GCW show is a dicey proposition. I don't think even Jimmy Lloyd wants to see Jimmy Lloyd have a standard wrestling match.

*Ironically though, I bet this GCW show will draw better than any ROH show since 2018.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Those lovable dirtbags did it. They sold out Hammerstein Ballroom in less than two days. And they're already claiming the largest crowd to attend wrestling in Hammerstein history. Go jump in a lake, ECW Massacre on the 34th Street!

This very might be the most important indie show since All In. They sold out Hammerstein without even announcing any matches. Their momentum is amazing since they came out rolling after the start of the pandemic.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, they had problems with Fite TV and the stream missed the first match. Not the end of the world, but I get it. That twitter account sent out a tweet every minute the stream was down, though. Like chill the fuck out.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This year started with Ron Funches sexualizing 17 year old Billie Starks and AJ Gray threatening to beat his ass.

Huh. 2022 is already something.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I thought people were overreacting on the Funches joke (it’s not a joke I would have made but it wasn’t necessarily directed at Billie). But him doubling down when people are pissed is an interesting way of handling this.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
What exactly is Jimmy Lloyd?
The guy at GameStop that made fun of you buying that random JRPG and then got fired for stealing Master Chief figures? Yeah. His brother's a deathmatch wrestler.