Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Sick card, bro: The GCW Thread

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Ed, Edd N Eddy jobbed out of a payday again. SMDH.

Honestly, that is a babyface move for me. Last one lived up to its clusterfuck name and Idk if it's possible to do a good one, well ever but especially during the pandemic.

Last edited:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Man, @Big Beard Booty Daddy is going mark out when Big Show saunters out to confront Rickey Shane Page at Spring Break and looks like he's going to chokeslam him but instead hugs him and becomes the biggest member of 44OH!

(then following his career trajectory, he gets kicked out of 44OH! for asking RSP for a GCW Title Shot and becomes a babyface)

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
If they can afford to bring Jon Moxley in on a semi regular basis they should hire anybody other than Kevin Gill to do PBP.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
There have been about half a dozen matches announced so far for the GCW/JCW double bill so far. I am so excited for that weekend. We're taking our daughter to her first GCW show. She's so excited since Jordan Oliver will be there. I showed her the announcement for Bussy (Effy/Allie Kat) vs Iron Beast and she flipped out. She loves Allie Kat and Effy and has never seen them wrestle live. I can only imagine her reaction when she gets to finally meet them both.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
While I’d love a Kenny/Bucks vs Moxley/Kingston/Gage match, having Nick show up after the tag title match at DON, and attacking Mox to add even more hype to their eventual match would be insane.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I know it would've sounded weird a few years ago and impossible 5-10 years ago but I'd be very unsurprised if AEW or even WWE picked up Gage in some capacity. Just the way he's been presenting himself in the last year or two with commentary and becoming a backstage leader and now with Dark Side of the Ring makes me think that he's at least considering life beyond GCW/the indies.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I went to ToS weekend, and it was an amazing time. This moment was the standout for me, though. On Friday, Hybrid Wrestling, which is like GCW's minor league partner, opened the weekend with their show, Roll of the Dice. On the card was Jordan Oliver vs JJ Garrett. My daughter loves Jordan. He worked for the now defunct Synergy Wrestling that was our home promotion until a few months ago. He took the picture with her and their title that I posted a while back. When she saw him before his match she ran over to him and he gladly took another picture with her. When he came out for his entrance, he was coming around the ring giving high fives to fans, she was the only one he gave five to on our side of the ring, in fact he was looking for her. I Tweeted to him earlier in the week that she was going to be sitting front row, so he made it a point to see her. After the match, which was fantastic, the fans went to the ring and started hitting the mat to show their appreciation for him. Cathy was one of those people. He walked around the ring for a few moments and saw her standing there. He went right over to her, knelt down and gave her a hug and said, "Thank you" (for supporting him), to her. If I wasn't already a long time fan of his, this moment would have made me a fan for life. The way he treats her, when he could just either ignore her, or at most just take pictures and move on, is amazing.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Alternately, the GCW card next weekend in Wyoming looks pretty damn good. Gage Vs Mance Warner in a Bunkhouse Brawl, Chris Dickinson Vs LOOK OUT EVERYBODY HERE COMES 2 COLD SCORPIO, and Ricky Morton Vs Atticus Cogar.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Nick Gage and Zack Ryder are going to wrestle in Atlantic City on 7/24. (and somewhere @Laz snaps a collectible action figure in half in a rage)

The heat this is going to get will rival the time RSP beat Gage in the main event of Run Rickey, Run, which was beyond nuclear. Cardona is already enraging GCW fans to no end, and we're a month and a half away. I can't wait to witness this front row.