Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Sick card, bro: The GCW Thread

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Watched the Wyoming show last night and it was pretty damn fun. It did feel like a modern version of one of those "On location" WCW Monday Nitros. Also I feel I like I should've answered "in a livestock barn with animals wandering around and bleating and mooing" in that "Weird Places Where You Want to See Wrestling Happen" thread that I started a year ago.

And Idk if it's cause he was pulling double duty as a ring announcer or because someone told him to chill the eff out but Kevin Gill was exponentially less annoying than he was during WrestleMania Weekend. He was still bad and like a more urban version of Matt Striker at his most annoying but at least, he didn't sound he was alternating between putting himself over and trolling the IWC.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Watched the Wyoming show last night and it was pretty damn fun. It did feel like a modern version of one of those "On location" WCW Monday Nitros. Also I feel I like I should've answered "in a livestock barn with animals wandering around and bleating and mooing" in that "Weird Places Where You Want to See Wrestling Happen" thread that I started a year ago.

And Idk if it's cause he was pulling double duty as a ring announcer or because someone told him to chill the eff out but Kevin Gill was exponentially less annoying than he was during WrestleMania Weekend. He was still bad and like a more urban version of Matt Striker at his most annoying but at least, he didn't sound he was alternating between putting himself over and trolling the IWC.

It was a very fun show, with an incredibly electric crowd. They ate up every little bit GCW served them.

KG has really dialed it back the past few shows. I noticed that not too long ago. I think the comments really got to him this time, and you can tell he’s trying to get better. He still overdoes it at times, but it’s much different now. On his UGWA shows, where he can be more over the top, he still does it since it’s part of the show, but on GCW, he really has dialed it back a little.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Good on them for booking it, but damn...standards really have fallen if guys like RSP and Atticus Cogar are top guys in any remotely worthwhile promotion.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
And even a broken down 2 Cold is still better than the lazy-as-fuuuuuuuuck RSP or the slightly less lazy Atticus.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
BBBD is going to throw a Funko Pop at you for saying all that, man.

Bad Wrestling Journalist Takes 2021

I'm against throwing shit in the ring 99.9% of the time but at a show when people are having darts thrown in each other's backs and throwing each other through glass, you're gonna be morally uptight about water bottles!?

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
there were people throwing unopened cans of beer (there are pictures). If that hits some other fan or someone that works at the building and they decide to sue or make a big issue out of it that's going to be a problem. I love the visual of people throwing trash and think it looks cool as shit but I can easily see it going wrong.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don’t endorse the crowd’s reactions n but Dave’s reactions seems very odd and over reactive. People throwing full cans of beer and bottles of piss definitely is not good but not unprecedented and doesn’t seem like the most problematic aspect of a GCW event.

to ruin any rare minimal amount of goodwill they got from Cornette’s clowns for shitting on Meltzer repeatedly, GCW is going to have a War Games match on All Out Weekend

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Being there live, it did get a bit scary, but it was over so fast. I’m friends with one of the refs, and he got hit in the head with an unopened can of beer. He was fine, but it could have been real bad. I knew this was going to happen if Cardona won, and this is exactly the response they were going for. The heat was off the charts. I understand why Dave didn’t like it, but ask almost any wrestler, and they love it. It means their hard work paid off.

Dave has never liked this, so it’s not just him going after GCW like some people have been saying. This is actually a good explanation of why he doesn’t like it, and the original Tweet thread from Vinnie is really, really good.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
This is the third time, I believe, that Powers of Pain have been against a team with Nick Gage. Previously, they fought Gage and Tremont in ICW when they were based out of Queens, NY. I was at that show, and that match was something I watched live.