Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

SID THREAD

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
DON'T WORRY SID IS NOT DEAD, @The Art of Postin' !

IT'S HIS 60TH BIRTHDAY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SID! I THINK HE CAN ORDER OFF THE SENIORS MENU AT DENNY'S NOW!

GIVE ME THE DISCOUNT ON MY GRAND SLAM, YOU FAT OAF!!!

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
DON'T WORRY SID IS NOT DEAD, @The Art of Postin' !

IT'S HIS 60TH BIRTHDAY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SID! I THINK HE CAN ORDER OFF THE SENIORS MENU AT DENNY'S NOW!

GIVE ME THE DISCOUNT ON MY GRAND SLAM, YOU FAT OAF!!!
HEY YEW IDIOT GET YOUR LAZY ASS OVER HERE I WANTED MY HASHBROWNS BURNT I AM THE MASTER AND RULER OF THE WORLD

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
TBH ECW WOULD STILL BE AROUND TODAY IF THAT FAT BALD HEADED OAF PAUL HEYMAN LET SID BEAT THAT OTHER FAT BALD HEADED OAF TAZZ FOR THE TITLE! SID SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE ONLY PERSON TO HOLD THE WWF, WCW, AND ECW WORLD TITLES!

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
TBH ECW WOULD STILL BE AROUND TODAY IF THAT FAT BALD HEADED OAF PAUL HEYMAN LET SID BEAT THAT OTHER FAT BALD HEADED OAF TAZZ FOR THE TITLE! SID SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE ONLY PERSON TO HOLD THE WWF, WCW, AND ECW WORLD TITLES!
BIG SHOW DID IT

tenor.gif

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I ALWAYS FORGET BIG SHOW WAS THE 2ND WWECW CHAMPION (AND HAD A *FAIRLY LENGTHY RUN* WITH IT BY '00s WWE STANDARDS). MY SMARK INSTINCT IS TO SAY THAT WWECW TITLE IS *NOT* A WORLD TITLE BUT TBH, THE CLOSEST IT CAME TO FEELING LIKE A WORLD TITLE WAS DURING BIG SHOW (and Lashley's) REIGN!!!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
NOW I'M BUMMED WE NEVER GOT A BIG SHOW-SID MATCH!

IIRC, SID ACTUALLY WANTED TO MAKE A WWE COMEBACK IN THE LATE '00S SO MAYBE HE COULD HAVE SAVED WWECW TOO!

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Wait so Sid could have been the only guy to win a WCW, WWE, and ECW world title when those promotions were actually independent entities?
He’s the only one that competed in all three that actually held multiple. So best chance. Austin and Foley were in all three but didn’t get ECW or WCW. Big Show got WCW and WWE but never went to ECW. Ron Simmons is in that Austin/Foley bucket where he competed for ECW title between WCW and WWF but only won WWF.

Like Scott Hall, the ECW run was only a couple appearances.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Scott Hall's ECW run only lasted I think 3 house shows. But it left us with the indelible memory of him entering to The Fugees' "Ready or Not" as the ECW Mutants went nuts.

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
I did not know there was a Sid thread! Only fitting for the master and the ruler of the world.
YOU NEED TO TYPE IN ALL CAPS IN A SID THREAD OR SID WILL POWER BOMB YOU STRAIGHT TO HELL!

Hoff

EVERYTHING
Reaction score
I WAS REVIEWING THE THREAD AND NOTICED THIS MAY HAVE BEEN A POSSIBLE TREND. IT DOESN'T APPEAR TO BE ADHERED TO COMPLETELY, BUT I WOULD NEVER INTENTIONALLY DISRESPECT SID AND SO I WILL ABIDE BY LOCAL CUSTOMS HENCEFORTH.

Hoff

EVERYTHING
Reaction score
Possible hot t-- uh I mean POSSIBLE HOT TAKE:

SID'S VERSION OF THE POWERBOMB MIGHT HAVE BEEN THE BEST ONE?

CERTAINLY AMONG GUYS OF THAT ERA, IT WAS WAY BETTER THAN THE JACKNIFE AND I PREFERRED IT TO VADER'S BY A HAIR, PROBABLY BECAUSE OF SID'S HEIGHT. BUT I DON'T KNOW ABOUT ALL-TIME, I NEVER CONSIDERED IT. THOUGHTS?

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
I can’t match the guy’s intensity so I won’t even try. They say wrestlers are like their real personality but with the “volume knob turned up to 11” well Sid in the ring only went up to 7 cuz he knew we couldn’t handle him at FULL VOLUME