Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Sim City for SNES (Wii)

JN News

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm currently on my Metropolis. I've intentionally skipped Industrial Zones, Airports, & Seaports, because I want a nice, clean city. I've also placed Police Stations and Fire Departments, as well. I also only used railroads for roads. My main problem is unemployment and housing costs.

How can I solve unemployment and housing costs? Anyone here know what to do?

The Amazing Rando

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think I went over this on the old board years ago but the secret to the original Sim City was to build everything like this:

RRR
R?R
RRR

with the middle being a school, fire station, police station, or whatever and the outside edge being done as Park/Road/Park for each three square section. So along the top Rs would be

PRPPRPPRP

and you'll never have traffic problems and just keep connecting the squares together doing one I for each two Cs and Rs (I think that's the proper ratio). All the Park land will keep Industrial Pollution down and just replace one of the Parks with the power lines between each block. Add in the specialty buildings (airports, seaports, etc) whenever you bump up against something where a full RCI block won't fit.

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
It had a great soundtrack and I like the season's changing during the year. None of the other games had that feature. Plus Bowser is the monster that invades the city.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
I suck so much as at it and only get anywhere by using the $999,999 glitch, but god damned have I sunk hours into that game. The music until you get to I think around 100,000 population is super soothing and addicting.

JN News

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I use 3 R’s on top, 3 C’s on the bottom, PD’s on the sides, and presents in the middle.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
I suck so much as at it and only get anywhere by using the $999,999 glitch, but god damned have I sunk hours into that game. The music until you get to I think around 100,000 population is super soothing and addicting.

Last month I randomly got back into this for whatever reason decided I was going to make the best effort I could to learn what the fuck I was doing and if not get a megalopolis, at least get past my old high of ~200,000 citizens. I would read up a bunch on strategy and how the game works, one piece would stick so I'd start a new town and try that, fail everywhere else and give up. Rinse repeat. Eventually though I got the hang of it and pushed into the 400,000s, and eventually, thanks to using the money cheat and the gift dupe glitch I was able to get my first megalopolis. Was super excited to finally get there, and as I hoped the music goes back to being something good.

Should have stopped there but I figured everyone uses the money cheat but needing the gift dupe glitch probably made this a non achievement so I started over. I'll keep this short, but I managed to get a megalopolis with just the money cheat. Then though hey just for shits and giggles let's try without the money cheat, even though I've never been able to play without the money cheat. First try amazingly I got to a pop of ~485k but don't think it was going higher without massive re-work. Second try, megalopolis. Woot I'm on a role, so I tried the scenarios for the first real time and got through all of those (fuck that UFO one).

Was excited to try the all land one thinking I'd get a super high population, until I realized because it's a scenario you don't get gifts. So it took several tries before I was able to get Megalopolis. Then because why not I tried medium difficulty. Money cheat - Megalopolis. No money cheat - Megalopolis. Hard difficulty? No money cheat - JESUS CHRIST HOW DOES ANYONE DO THIS I got my pop to 50K, though it would cycle between ~35k and ~50k, but it was in the either the late 22nd century or early 23rd century and I was still struggling with cash so I just said no fuck this I don't need this in my life. But hard difficulty WITH the money cheat?

1619827500673.png

I'm done. FIN. THE END. The 600K message is neat but I'm happy with mega.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Relevant link (?):

JN News

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Well, I managed to solve the unemployment issue. I'm currently dealing with Pollution & Housing Costs. My advisor, Dr. Wright, is telling me that I'm doing a great job. The majority of the people say I'm doing great. Hopefully, my city will go somewhere.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
Well, I managed to solve the unemployment issue. I'm currently dealing with Pollution & Housing Costs. My advisor, Dr. Wright, is telling me that I'm doing a great job. The majority of the people say I'm doing great. Hopefully, my city will go somewhere.
72E35188-39E3-455D-B30C-EF48F70F869C.jpeg
Ignore the pollution and the city will go somewhere!

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, I got a Megalopolis on hard without the money cheat. Only took to the year 2740 but it's done. NOW I'm done with this game.

JN News

Integral Poster
Reaction score
What I had to do was build an airport, seaport, and some Industrial Zones. No more unemployment.

JN News

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to getting all of my electronics from my old bedroom in my former home in Green Valley transported into my new home here in Tucson. I'll be able to play my Virtual Console on my Wii along with all my other consoles and games.

JN News

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm now able to play with all my consoles here in my new home in Tucson with my sister and her family.