Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Smash Mouth is using a fake Steve Harwell

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Smash Mouth has replaced Steve Harwell with an imposter named Corey Mac and is blocking & deleting any of their fans who call them out over the fact that it's a fake Steve Harwell. All while the actual Steve Harwell is in all of the promotional photos advertising band's current concerts.

TELL US WHAT YOU HAVE DONE WITH STEVE HARWELL, YOU SICK SONS OF BITCHES!?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This type of move is seriously a relic of pre internet era. Fleetwood Mac's shady original manager put a fake Fleetwood Mac with zero original members during their post Peter Green/pre Buckingham & Nicks wilderness years and there's countless oldies acts like this. Plus my favorite the group of very heterosexual ALABAMA MEN who toured as Frankie Goes to Hollywood in the early '00s.

Edit- A Google search shows heterosexual Alabama Frankie Goes to Hollywood was playing Vegas as recently as 2016. Maybe they could tour with Smash Mouth.

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
^Yep, he's gone: https://www.tmz.com/2023/09/04/smash-mouth-lead-singer-steve-harwell-dead-dies/

I actually still have my sister's Astro Lounge CD. "All Star" got annoying to me quick, but it's easier to look back on it with nostalgia now. I also forgot he was on The Surreal Life at one point.

Didn't realize he had so much personal turmoil; he did some sketchy stuff toward the end (https://www.latimes.com/entertainme...th-concert-steve-harwell-nazi-salute-all-star) but I'm hoping that wasn't a true representation of him. RIP

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
A lot of people used him as a meme but I legit enjoyed those songs and hearing about his personal story I can’t help but feel empathy for him. RIP

Staff member
Reaction score
I hated the songs but now knowing he was an alcoholic and why he was one I think some people should be ashamed and feel bad about the jokes they made.