Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Soda thread

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Orange Vanilla Coke tasted like ass. I'm eh on Vanilla, but love Cherry so I'll have to see how this tastes.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Mango Loco Monster is 100% irresponsible, but tastes so wonderful.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
I am currently in SW Illinois on a work trip, and have come across a soda known as Ski.

EUSQfD7XsAAQlqD.jpg

It is a lemon-orange flavored citrus soda. I'll probably be grabbing some for the trip home. There is also a cherry version (ala Code Red) but I've yet to come across that one. According to wikipedia, it is apparently sold in some parts of Indiana, but this is the first time I've ever seen it.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
God damn that’s some nostalgia right there. I’ve only seen these things down in the Tennessee area so I’m curious how they migrated to SW Illinois.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
I managed to find some of the cherry kind before coming home, but it wasn't as good as I was expecting. I prefer the regular version.

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Had some Candy Apple Faygo the other day. Having an Apple Juice type pop that tasted like it had candies in it didn't sound appealing, but was actually pretty nice.

oldskool

oldskool
Reaction score
Is it just me getting old or did they fuck with the LiveWire formula? It doesn't have the citrus-y acid tang to it any more, feels like. Might have to move Code Red above it on my dew flavor preference rankings, which is a sentence i never thought i'd say.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
You have a Mountain Dew flavor ranking and you aren’t sharing it?

• Haha
Reactions: SFH

oldskool

oldskool
Reaction score
You have a Mountain Dew flavor ranking and you aren’t sharing it?
baja blast, code red, liberty brew, holiday brew, dew-s-a, livewire, voltage, original green, new pitch black, sweet lightning, white out, original pitch black

i haven't been to a dollar general to try out Maui Blast, nor to a Speedway for Spark, nor to the southern US for Southern Shock.

Staff member
Reaction score
Sweet Lightning is the most foul ass juice tasting thing they could ever make.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
baja blast, code red, liberty brew, holiday brew, dew-s-a, livewire, voltage, original green, new pitch black, sweet lightning, white out, original pitch black

i haven't been to a dollar general to try out Maui Blast, nor to a Speedway for Spark, nor to the southern US for Southern Shock.

My favorite is and always will be "Game Fuel," whatever flavor that was.

oldskool

oldskool
Reaction score
I went out to visit my parents yesterday & picked up some Maui Blast from the local Dollar General on the way home. Tastes exactly like every other pineapple-flavored thing you can imagine. Not bad.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
has anyone tried sodas with natural cane sugar? I find a big difference in how I feel physically when I drink those compared to regular soda.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
has anyone tried sodas with natural cane sugar? I find a big difference in how I feel physically when I drink those compared to regular soda.

Yeah, I like them. They are sweeter and less syrupy. Some people say they don't like them for that reason but I do. The Cokes have more of a "spicy" flavor to them, for lack of a better term.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Cane sugar sodas are healthier and better tasting but I don't feel a huge difference health-wise after drinking them Vs after drinking a HFCS laden soda. I'll still feel like crap either way.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I typically only drink diet soda because I don’t like drinking calories, even though diet soda itself has its own issue.

I finally stumbled across the Diet version of Canada Dry Ginger Ale & Lemonade. I thought it would be decent since Ginger Sprite was better than I expected. It was not. I don’t know if there was any distinct flavor. Not a fan.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I only ever found that in a 12-pack and I wanted to try it, as I like the flavors. Bought one twelve pack in November and I’m pretty sure I had a couple cans left when quarantine started in March.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
I tried Cinnamon Coke yesterday and it was way better than that one Pepsi put out a couple years or so ago. It's basically if Cinnamon Toast Crunch came in cola form. I would buy it again

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
I feel like all these blue Mountain Dews that come out every so often are just the same one repackaged with a different name