Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Something's wrong with Ric Flair

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think Flair is an alcoholic of over 50 years and has been enabled by hundreds if not thousands of people in his life, so with that combination it probably should not be that big of a surprise this is happening.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
I hope when the time comes, they at least save some ashes to scatter at Space Mountain.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think I have addiction issues. I've never tried tobacco, weed, or anything considered an "illegal drug." Alcohol is the only intoxicant I full with on any regular basis. And when I do start drinking, sometimes it is hard for me to call it quits. Especially if I know I'm not driving, I've gotten embarrassingly over the limit multiple times. But at home a 6 pack will last me two months.

It's a reoccurring gag in my family to mock the time I got addicted to Gatorade. This isn't a bit. Somehow I allowed myself to get physically dependent on Lemon-Lime Gatorade around 04/05 with my first Sams Club membership. I was buying 2-4 cases a pay period and drinking it at every meal and would legitimately start shaking, get dizzy, and REALLY cranky if I didn't have one at least per 8 hours. I was able to move past it and in 2018 if I am doing a lot of exercise or sweaty work I can treat myself to a Gatorade and not turn into "that guy."

So I'd imagine if I drank alcohol like Flair has for 50 years, I could see where everyone's concern is. It's not like, say caffeine, which my doctor told me to stop consuming due to anxiety and heart stuff. But I figured out one Surge a month isn't going to kill me. And a few weeks ago I was REALLY tired at work so I drank a 20 ounce Coke Zero to wake up, but chased it with a Xanax to keep the anxiety at bay. It worked, surprisingly, for a legal speedball. I mentally kept trying to compare Flair/alcohol to me/caffeine and that's highly flawed, I think.

So that's my compass for addiction. I'm probably way off on my understanding and shouldn't use anecdotal evidence to support my thoughts on the matter, but that's where I'm at. Beyond that I can only gauge off of family/friends that have struggled, only one attended 3 meetings and then bailed on them when the "higher power" angle got brought in too often. They're straight now, though, so hooray for their personal work on it.

Flair should worry his loved ones. That he's made it this long is eye popping, especially in THAT profession. When he does eventually leave us, I'll wonder how long he could have made it had he NOT been so consumed by his vices.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Higher power is a tough angle to swallow, yes. Especially if they put the religion/God spin on it. I think most people do best to just making what they will of it. It can be anything, really.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
https://www.wrestlezone.com/news/1029787-ric-flair-says-cleared-to-bump
Well. looks like we'll get Ric Flair Vs Shawn Michaels rematch at the next Saudi Arabia show.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Becky's probably going to put him through a table this weekend.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
And I think Goldust was the only other one on that plane so might as well start carving in that AEW epitaph.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
I listened to the Renee podcast.
Flair says he was recently so hammered he wasn't allowed on a plane. He also paid to keep a bar open so Renee/Moxley and himself could keep drinking. The night ended with him falling in his hotel room in a drunken haze.
Flair's wants to keep bumping and is annoyed WWE wouldn't let him do anything other than stand in the ring.
Flair's doc cleared him to bump. He has a pacemaker but the doctor told him the longer he has it in that the more the muscle grows around it and keeps it locked in place.
Flair's ex-wife Tiffany watched a show on the History channel and became convinced Flair had "the gene" that prevents him from getting AIDS and STDs.
Flair has his own wine coming out in October.
Ric does his usual spiel about not being able to tell all the 4 Horsemen sex stories because Arn is still married, as if Arn's wife wouldn't be able to read between the lines of a comment like that.
Flair laughs at the "Plane Ride from Hell" and is ready to come back on the pod and clear his name (as mentioned in an above post).
Tony Khan texted Flair and said he was going to "Naitch" it up for his birthday a few years ago. Khan blew 8 grand. So the next 3 years Tony sent Flair 8 grand to celebrate instead.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
My doctor told me to cut out all dairy products just because I had trouble shitting. There is no way Ric got cleared to bump or to drink any alcohol after almost dying unless he has a Joel Hackett-level mark doctor. But he’s made it this far so why not.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I bet Flair and Bob Caudle went to a lot of Helms rallies in their day. And then went out in pointy hats and raped people.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Whittling down problematic stars from the past for half a second on a video package is going to be pretty cool to watch. Horowitz might get some justice.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Whittling down problematic stars from the past for half a second on a video package is going to be pretty cool to watch. Horowitz might get some justice.
I should have qualified that post with me not giving a shit if Flair was left in but I just found it amusing that they replaced him with another guy with problematic out-of-ring issues.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Yeah I don't care in the slightest about this but I love the idea of them needing to go through decades of history to find one person who wasn't scum to put in their intros for such a brief moment. Warrior is just the perfect start. But as long as it isn't, like, Buck Zumhoff I don't care.