Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Sonic the Hedgehog

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
I found the demo fun. However, I now associate Sonic the Hedgehog with Ron Swanson finding a cartridge with the words "sonic" and "hedgehog" on it.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm interested in getting this on the 3DS, as well, but I was a little let down by Sonic Rush and hope its a bit different from that.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Gamefly tells me they've shipped Sonic Generations to me...so I guess I will be playing it sooner than I expected.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm giving this Sonic Generations game a recommendation to play. It's actually quite fun.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
It's on my Christmas list, and if I don't get it I'll buy it. I'm also kind of hyped for the portable version, I hope it's good too.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Best Buy had a one-day sale on it for $39.99 last Thursday plus the $10 coupon in their gaming magazine, I picked it up that day for $29.99. Hoping to give it a try this weekend.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The 3DS version of this is pretty disappointing. After you get past the Genesis levels, they give Classic Sonic the homing attack which is pretty lame and some of the Modern levels are pretty hard with a bunch of cheap deaths.

Just got around the playing the PS3 version the other day, but it seems much better.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
I was pretty happy with the 3DS version. It's too short, but otherwise a lot of fun. I like that with the exception of the first level they used all different levels than the console version. Bosses too. The challenges are also a lot harder than the console ones. I've sunk a lot of time into them trying to unlock all the unlockable music, which also is mostly different than the console version.

Console version is better, but 3DS one is good if you can find it for like $15.
Sonic Generations Music -Super Sonic Racing Remix- (HD)

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm glad that they're different games, I just don't the 3DS one that much. I really wish they'd have left the cutscenes out of the portable one, too. Obviously they can't do the same ones as on the consoles, but they probably would have been better off not using anything over the lame ones they did.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
Blazed through Sonic Adventure 2 this weekend and am now ready to start the longggggggg slow process of trying to get all 180 emblems. The camera in the game is sooooo bad, so exactly like it was on the DC, but damn it's fucking bad. Anyway, I don't really think I can get all 180, but I have a faint hope, as I found out you don't need to A rank everything in every level (there might be an achievement for that but fuck achievements) you 'just' have to A rank every emblem on one stage for each character, as well as the final level. One each seems doable and I've already got one done for Sonic, but doing it on the final level might be the deal breaker. Had I fucking known though that it didn't take an A on EVERY emblem I wouldn't have given up back when I tried to get to 180 on the original DC version.

Anyone know what the battle DLC exactly gives you? Is it all just shit for multiplayer, because if so then I don't have to worry about buying that.

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The "Battle" multiplayer options were expanded in the GameCube version, including the addition of new characteristics to the multiplayer-exclusive characters, while removing all online play.[8] Also, the additional features for the kart mode are not required to be unlocked in the GameCube version.

FAO Wikipedia.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sonic Mania is pretty good. It's not perfect, but its what I wanted Sonic 4 or the 2D levels in Sonic Generations to be so I'm happy.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't know if I'm ready to live in a world with a good Sonic game

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
I have the PC Collectors Edition and I have to wait two weeks before it unlocks on Steam. I'm upset. I get that it could be a broken game but if you bought it on consoles, you can play it.