Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Sony Repartee v2

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
So I turned on my PS3 a week ago to play a Blu Ray and inserted the disc. The drive made a grinding noise and won't read it. I just Googled what the cause is and it's either drive motor or laser. I'd get a PS4 if they had true backwards compatibility.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Mother Russia Bleeds is now available on PSN for $14.99. If you like side-scrolling beat 'em up's then you need this game. It's insane, with combat at all angles and over-the-top gore. MRB stands out from the beat 'em up pack by utilizing a unique health mechanic (needing to suck Nekro out of fallen enemies before injecting it into yourself), offering 4-player co-op (including having open slots occupied by bots), and having a variety of super-charged power-up's that let you wreak havoc on your enemies.

NoCalMike

Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
Reaction score
Thrasher said:
So I turned on my PS3 a week ago to play a Blu Ray and inserted the disc. The drive made a grinding noise and won't read it. I just Googled what the cause is and it's either drive motor or laser. I'd get a PS4 if they had true backwards compatibility.

If you aren't ready to take the PS4 plunge, google repair shops in your area, they can usually swap out the blu ray drive for you.

Master Thrasher

Reaction score
NoCalMike said:
Thrasher said:

If you aren't ready to take the PS4 plunge, google repair shops in your area, they can usually swap out the blu ray drive for you.

I'm going to buy a PS4 Slim cause Best Buy has them on sale and I got $25 gift card from them. I could open the PS3 up but I don't think it will help.

So what PS4 exclusives should I buy? I know I'll get the Uncharted Collection, MLB Show 17, and I think Crash Bandicoot.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I bit on the PS4 Best Buy earlier in the week when it was $250 with a $50 giftcard. Came with Uncharted 4. I caught a lot of the marked down exclusives on their B2G1 used sale that ended yesterday because they have $20 games for $15 plus my 10% off Gamers so for like $28 I got 1886, The Show and Bloodborne and another set of Ratchet & Clank, Infamous and Uncharted Collection. and for $38 I got Street Fighter, No Man's Sky and Mario Golf for the 3DS.

Some are cheaper at GameStop (1886) but most are more expensive. Gamestop kicked off their B2G1 online for the next few days.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
It looks like it is cheap on PSN as I was looking at deals too but I figured I'm better off doing these used sales.

Master Thrasher

Reaction score
I bought this PS4 bundle from NewEgg today: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16868110210
It comes with UC4, SFV, and a headset for $250+ tax+ s&h. Not bad. I have SF V on the PC already but this isn't the first or second or third time I've double dipped for a Street Fighter game.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
That seems pretty good. I've been happy with my X1 but there's enough exclusives out and coming, I felt this was worth the plunge now.

Going out in a little bit hoping I am lucky enough to find the VR headset. Thinking I may at least pickup a couple of the set up things for that which are more likely to be in store (the charge station and the Move controllers) with The Last of Us, as that is the last exclusive thing that I didn't luck into finding available for the used sales and I can get it with my Best Buy discount for $16 new.

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/12/28/ps-plus-free-games-for-january-2017/
  • Day of The Tentacle Remastered, PS4 (Cross buy on PS Vita)
  • This War of Mine: The Little Ones, PS4
  • Blazerush, PS3
  • The Swindle, PS3 (Cross Buy on PS4 and PS Vita)
  • Azkend 2, PS Vita
  • Titan Souls, PS Vita (Cross Buy on PS4)

NoCalMike

Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
Reaction score
My wife would probably enjoy Day of the Tentacle as well as my daughter (at least for the purposes of watching my wife play it)

Master Thrasher

Reaction score
I'm enjoying the PS4 more than the Xbox One but it might be cause it's new. I think Uncharted 4 is way better than UC 3. Fighting in 3 was getting too repetitive. I forgot that KOF XIV was PS4 exclusive, so I bought that on Amazon. There are rumors it will end up on PC. I'm really going to try to stop double dipping on games.

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/02/01/ps-plus-free-games-for-february-2017/

• LittleBigPlanet 3 // PS4
  • Not a Hero // PS4
  • Starwhal // PS3, cross buy with PS4
  • Anna — Extended Edition // PS3
  • Ninja Senki DX // PS Vita, cross buy with PS4
  • TorqueL // PS Vita, cross buy with PS4

I could've sworn Anna was notoriously awful. But I guess the Extended Edition might've improved it a fair bit.

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
I was watching some videos on YouTube and came across this thing called My Name is Mayo. It cost's $.99, and includes 40-something trophies, one of which is a Platinum. I figured why the Hell not, bought it, and 30 minutes later, had my 4th Platinum. So, if you have no shame, and want to literally buy a Platinum, there you go.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
May have to take a look - was it any fun in that half hour?

I still haven't hooked up the PS4 I got a few weeks ago because I need to take time to tweak my entertainment set up but I found the PSVR in stock online a few weeks ago and it just showed up in time for the week off I took...

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
You literally press X to make a disembodied hand tap a jar of Mayo. To get the Platinum, you have to tap it 10,000 times.

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score
PS4 firmware 4.50 will include external HDD support, custom wallpapers, and more. People accepted for the beta should start getting it today.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/02/03/ps4-system-software-update-4-50-features-detailed/

According to this, there could be a Boost Mode for PS4 Pro, to potentially increase frame rates in older games.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1340529

lwXPMeM.jpg

Master Thrasher

Reaction score
Can't wait to get an external drive for my system. I have a WD Passport for XBONE and it works great.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I got around to setting up my PS VR and messed around with the Batman: Arkham VR for like an hour the other day and holy crap.

Gameplay isn't anything crazy but the visuals are intense. Doing the crime scene investigating like the Arkham games up close was amazing. Acting like it was my traveling into the Batcave and putting the suit on, I geeked out a little bit. I also managed to at least make Batman's head dance in a scene where I looked in the mirror.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
I bought that one but haven't tried it yet. I imagine it's gonna be 2 hours of me walking around grumbling DO YOU BLEED?

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
That was my after effect...

Like I said, nothuing innovative with the Gameplay but visually stunning. In the first chunk I just kinda explored the Batcave, which is a lot of point and click and then examining a crime scene a la the Arkham series was really cool doing the reconstruction up close.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
So Smues - guess I should ask - what VR games do you suggest? I picked up Batman and Rush of Blood during a B2G1 before I got the system, Battlefront when it was cheap for the one level and saw a cheap copy of Werewolves Within today that I grabbed just because it looked interesting but don't know how it will really be.

Kinda intrigued by Robinson but heard mixed things. Not sure if I should try to get a copy of Resident Evil or something else to try.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
FWIW, I've heard RE7 has the best integration of the PSVR experience overall.

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/03/01/ps-plus-free-games-for-march-2017/

• Disc Jam, PS4
  • Tearaway Unfolded, PS4
  • Under Night: In-Birth, PS3
  • Earth Defense Force 2025, PS3
  • Lumo, PS Vita (crossbuy on PS4)
  • Severed, PS Vita

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
fuckin pumped about Disc Jam. The beta was really fun, with the one exception being that it took FOREVER to find a match. If the full game is going to be PS+, that should solve that issue easily.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
This is the first time I've wished I had a PS4 because I can't play Yakuza 0 or Horizon on XBox One and those are the games I want to play most right now.

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score
PS4 firmware 4.50 should be available for everyone now. It includes PS4 Pro Boost Mode, and external HDD support.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/02/03/ps4-system-software-update-4-50-features-detailed/

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/03/08/ps4-system-software-update-4-50-out-tomorrow/

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Disney Afternoon Classic is out now! Streamed a bit of it last night - oh the memories! ;) Also, the rewind feature is pretty amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPOJj7BWkZU