Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Sony Repartee v2

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
xlarge.jpg

Another look at the controller. Kotaku is saying that the console will be out this November and will have interactive features that work with smartphones and tablets - for chatting and managing downloads, etc. They're also saying that there will be two price-points/models a la the Wii U release (supposedly $429 and $529 in this case, though).

FLAM

FLAM
Reaction score
I'll probably wait at least a year before I get a PS4, but I'm looking forward to it. I wonder what some of the launch titles will be.

Just found out Vanquish is free on PSN this week. Really excited about that because I ended up selling it and immidiately regretted it. Great game.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah I'll have to wait a bit for the PS4. I just bought a PS3 and feel I can get a TON of mileage out of it still and my X-Box 360 has a ton of mileage left on it too.
Plus I'm really digging the PSN on PS3, hopefully it's still supported decently after the PS4 comes out.

This generation of systems has just seemed to go on for a really long time. Is it the longest gap between generations? It probably just feels that way instead of actually being that way. It just feels like we got more mileage out of the 360 and PS3 than their predecessors.

jimmy no nose

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The time between the PS3 and PS4 will be about a full year longer than the gaps between the PS1 and PS2 and between PS2 and PS3 (7 rather than 6). Nintendo had been launching a console every 5 years since the SNES, but went 6 this time around. The Xbox 360 actually managed to hang around 8 full years after the original Xbox only lasted 4.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think the PS1 gap didn't feel as long because I didn't get one until very late in it's life. I got a PS2 shortly after launch but it was all but retired when I got my X-Box which I didn't have for long before I got a 360. That's probably why the gap feels longer now. I've had my 360 since 2007 and my PS3 since 2 weeks ago. I've had my Wii since shortly after launch but fuck that POS.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
Buzzword buzzword buzzword bullshit bullshit buzzword corporate talk buzzword buzzword. If it weren't for the possibility of Kaz Hirai showing up and embarrassing himself I'd turn this shit off and just read the bullet points later.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This guy is definitely a serial killer on weekends.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
I was thinking date rapist myself. He's totally the guy at the bar with ruffies looking for an unsuspecting girl.

jimmy no nose

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Somehow they moved on to an even creepier guy up on stage. The spray tan and the lisp really put him over the top.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
"Imagine you're playing your PS4 and your children take over the living room. What do you do?"

I don't know...play with your children?

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They came up with a lot of ideas for how to connect to other people...but I don't really want someone watching my shitty curse fueled gaming session and then taunting me about it. Though think of the opportunities that opens to be able to see if you want to get a game...you can watch someone live demo any or all of it.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
Sabre said:
Basically;

PS4 is ULTRA powerfull.

It isnt backwards compatible... but will be eventually via cloud.

Eventually you'll be able to re-buy your old games via cloud.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Regular themed bps21 said:
"Imagine you're playing your PS4 and your children take over the living room. What do you do?"

I don't know...play with your children?
Wished you had gone for the abortion.

NoCalMike

Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
Reaction score
Any word on the ability or lack of to play used games? The next Xbox is rumored to not be allowing used games to be played on it, but I'm thinking they could only get away with it if PS4 followed suit. One console not allowing it would be a death nail.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
Haven't said a peep about that yet. I'm hoping it's just Microsoft so I don't have to skip two consoles this generation.

Edit: Well I don't know if no used would be an automatic skip. Always online would do that, but they haven't said anything about that either.

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Scared Smues said:
Well, that's an interesting way to introduce a game.

I thought for a second there was a chance the dude was giving a suicide speech

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Scared Smues said:

Nah, just the typical resistance vs authority storyline. I am game for a new Infamous title, though, so that's cool. Looks like the main character is Cole's son?

bps21

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That was the first franchise I thought of too.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
Scared Smues said:

We couldn't have been that lucky. When he said he got tear gassed in 1989 I was hoping someone would do it again on stage.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It would've been logical.. This is happening in Hammerstein Ballroom after all.