Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Sony Repartee v2

Master Thrasher

Seven Time Tetris 99 Champ!
Reaction score
I don't like the Tale Spin game. Chip n Dale was easy and I beat the Duck Tales Remastered, so the original wasn't that difficult.

Master Thrasher

Reaction score
Anyone else excited for the Crash Bandicoot remake?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOzeQ4GG4CU

So pretty.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
I just ordered the Uncharted bundle from Amazon. Is PS Plus worth it? A lot of stuff I read says the free games are kinda crap and I don't play a ton of online games and won't really miss not having the ability.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
A decent amount of the free games are at least decent, but there's so many groups of people online that think just because a game didn't initially cost $60 that it's got to be garbage. Don't listen to them, they're fucking stupid, there's plenty of good smaller games. Tales from the Borderlands is free this month and Life is Strange is next month, and they're both really good, assuming you like the Telltale style of adventure games. (Life is Strange isn't Telltale, but it's completely the same style)

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
There have been some months that are absolute ass, but yeah don't listen to the AAA game or bust crowd. I've found the selection overall to be pretty nice and a good variety.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There was one time where XCOM Enemy Unknown was a PS+ game on PS3.. that alone was worth the subscription price to me as I ended up playing a absurd number of hours with that game.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
A few dumb observations:

- It took me way too long to figure out where the hell the power button was. It's also strange to have an actual button to press again after my 360 and XBone have capacitive buttons

- People weren't kidding when they say PSN download speeds are slow; the patch for Uncharted downloaded much slower than I'm used to on XBox. I'll probably buy mostly physical games for this thing.

- I hope the Blu-Ray player is better; a lot of times on my XBone the disc would freeze and not eject which was a giant pain.

- Uncharted is pretty damn cool so far. Gonna have to pick up the collection sometime.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's funny because I have the opposite problem. My PS4 downloads super fast and my X-Box One crawls.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
Also, it seems like games install faster from disc or they let you play pretty much right away. I bought Yakuza 0 and after a 300 MB update I could fire it right up. Most XBox games seem to make you wait until it's half installed at most.

I do prefer the XBox controller though. Fits more comfortably in my hands.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Re: download speeds. Go wired instead of wifi. Also, sometimes I find that pausing the download for a few seconds and then unpausing it will kick it into gear.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Even wired my PSN download speeds are complete garbage. As in, somewhere between 10% and 20% of what I get on my PC wirelessly. Every now and then you get some decent speeds, but on the whole it's just garbage.

But yeah, putting the PS4 into rest mode almost always seems to speed up the download for whatever reason.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Damaramu said:
It's funny because I have the opposite problem. My PS4 downloads super fast and my X-Box One crawls.

This is the same for me.

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
I don't have any DL speed issues between either system.

KingPK said:
I do prefer the XBox controller though. Fits more comfortably in my hands.

I have a hard time deciding which controller I like better. They are both great in their own ways. I'm glad Sony took a hint from MS and made concave analog sticks for the PS4 controller. One issue I often read about is how many people feel that the Dual Shock is too fragile, and feel like they're going to break it. I have to wonder what kind of mutant gorilla hands you have if you're worried you're going to break it. I'm a pretty strong guy and fragility has never been a problem.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
I, too, am fairly strong, and I also have massive hands that dwarf the Dual Shock (I can literally hide one behind my hand and you wouldn't be able to tell). They feel flimsy due to the way they're set up, but I've never come close to breaking one. Worn them out? Of course. Broken? Nah.

The Xbox controller is absolutely incredible for FPS/3PS. PS4 is great all-rounder controller, a very familiar take on the classic game pad setup

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
Played the prologue of Horizon: Zero Dawn before going back to Yakuza (help me). That game sure looks pretty and I like the story setup.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
KingPK said:
Played the prologue of Horizon: Zero Dawn before going back to Yakuza (help me). That game sure looks pretty and I like the story setup.

I'm in the home stretch of horizon. Loving it.

Laz

Reaction score
Killing Floor 2 is free with PS+ this month.

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
Was holding off on buying a PS4, plan was to see if they did a bundle for Red Dead 2 but with that delayed I said screw it and picked up the special 1 TB gold system on sale today for $249

Master Thrasher

Reaction score
I've been playing WipEOut. It's really challenging but it's very beautiful and the soundtrack is great.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
Man, MLB The Show for $32 (w/GCU) at Best Buy is tempting me, but I've spent WAY too much money the last week on video games. Besides, all I've been playing is Yakuza.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
KingPK said:
Man, MLB The Show for $32 (w/GCU) at Best Buy is tempting me, but I've spent WAY too much money the last week on video games. Besides, all I've been playing is Yakuza.

Aaaaand I bought it. BUT THATS IT!

Laz

Reaction score
Čœrêÿ Łåżárüß said:
COD zombies on meth. Love this game. Gives me the same feeling when I would binge Left 4 Dead all night.

NoCalMike

Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
Reaction score
Čœrêÿ Łåżárüß said:
Čœrêÿ Łåżárüß said:
COD zombies on meth. Love this game. Gives me the same feeling when I would binge Left 4 Dead all night.

I have it downloaded and installed. Are there a lot of people playing online?

Laz

Reaction score
They fixed a matchmaking bug over the weekend and, since then, I haven't had to wait more than a minute or two for a full lobby (6 players). The only issue I seem to have is that in-game voice chat is awfully quiet compared to everything else, so I'd recommend either 1) keeping yourself fully aware of your surroundings or 2) partying up with friends.

NoCalMike

Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
Reaction score
Anyone see the footage from Days Gone, today? Holy shit that game looks like it is going to ruin my life.....as if I actually have any free time to play it anyway, but goddamn I'll find a way to make time anyway.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That game just looks so lifeless and dull to me. I have absolutely zero interest in it

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
Well got my PS4, got 3 months of gamefly for $9.99 and got Final Fantasy XV as my first game from it and just bought Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY from the E3 sale going in the PS Store for $15.99

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I really liked what I played of FFXV, and then just completely dropped off from it for some reason. I really should get back to it at some point.

Master Thrasher

Reaction score
You probably stopped cause it's slow in the beginning and then the story picks up in the very end. It was an okay game.