TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
Looks like a rare solid month for PS+ in July:

Until Dawn, PS4
Telltales Game of Thrones, PS4
Tokyo Jungle, PS3
Darkstalkers Resurrection, PS3
Element4l, PS Vita
Don’t Die, Mr. Robot, PS Vita (Cross Buy on PS4)

Until Dawn is so fucking good. I can't recommend it enough if you haven't played yet.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Until Dawn is really good...for one playthrough. Just leave it at that. Don't try to play it again or watch any other playthroughs, because then you'll realize how little any of your choices really meant.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
fazzle said:
Until Dawn is really good...for one playthrough. Just leave it at that. Don't try to play it again or watch any other playthroughs, because then you'll realize how little any of your choices really meant.
Yep. There I was thinking two particular choices would've altered something important but nope, the first story plays on.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Acquired a PS4. Already returned two games (Atari Flashback Vol 1 and 2 because I didn't spend $300 for an Atari emulator). Been playing Uncharted 4 and liking it so far. Did co op mode on the Marvel Superhero Lego game, enjoyed it.

Still have a Batman game and a Star Wars game to explore. Best Buy wouldn't let me buy the PS Membership card with gift cards so I'll be signing up for that eventually. Current goal is the Friday the 13th game.

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
Semptember's PS+ free games are

Infamous: Second Son (PS4)
Strike Vector Ex (PS4)
Monster Jam Battlegrounds (PS3)
Hustle Kings (PS3)
Hue (PlayStation Vita with PS4 crossbuy)
Sky Force Anniversary (PlayStation Vita with PS4 and PS3 crossbuy)

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's a completely stand alone title, but I may be wrong on that.

Also, I've owned Second Son since I bought my PS4, and it's still in it's shrink wrap. I have no clue why I bought it.

Laz

Reaction score
Looking forward to both Second Son and Strike Vector EX. The former because sandbox superhero game, the latter because I'm a sucker for space dogfights.

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
Seeing posts about MGSV being one of Oct. free PS+ games, figures it's one of the few games I bought since getting my PS4, heh

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score
PlayStation had a bit of a showcase this morning from Paris Games Week. Here's the full thing, I think. (skip to 20m40s) Personal highlights below that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1IuD0rmEPg

New game from Sucker Punch (Sly Cooper, inFamous) called Ghost of Tsushima

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUz539AeC5Y

Guacamelee! 2 :eek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxBxrBaS_cs

MOTHERFUCKIN' SPELUNKY 2!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_VjknboFaQ

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
Looks like Jans free PS+ games are gonna be Deus Ex: Mankind Divided & Batman: The Telltale Series, not to shabby.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
That's MUCH earlier than I was expecting, I'm fucking pumped

AnonymousBroccoli

Integral Poster
Reaction score
KingPK said:
Bloodborne is a PS Plus game for March. Giggity.

The Ratchet & Clank PS4 remake too.

Also, starting in March 2019, they'll only be releasing two PS4 games per month for PS+—no more PS3 and Vita.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/02/28/ps-plus-games-for-march-additional-service-changes/

https://twitter.com/Polygon/status/968899759393173505

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
Seems pointless since 75% of the time, it's pretentious indie garbage.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
On PS4? That's just untrue. The last few months we've had Deus Ex, Darksiders 2, Amensia Collection, Infamous Second Son, etc.

Laz

Reaction score
Even beyond that, I'd rather pretentious indie garbage than your typical modern loot box AAA title that's just a re-skin. Hell, two of my favorites (Rocket League and Killing Floor 2) were PS+ freebies when I got them.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
Man, TrackMania has a LOT more people on PS4 than XBox. There are multiple pages of servers with 50+ people playing where there were maybe three servers total on XBox with like 10 players in each.

Mad Max is a perfect game for this service because it's fun to play, but only if you pay $20 or less for it because it's pretty mindless.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
angry.walls.that.steal.the.air said:
On PS4? That's just untrue. The last few months we've had Deus Ex, Darksiders 2, Amensia Collection, Infamous Second Son, etc.

You know I've been saying this too. I think it's because it had a ton of indy stuff (of which I am not a fan) for a while that we just assume that's what it is. But now I'm looking back at all my PS Plus free games I've downloaded over the past few months and I have to say you're right, there's some good stuff. Disregard my comments in the Microsoft thread.

I think the reason I don't like indy games is because I'm at the point where I really only play games for story and not really the gameplay mechanics. So "beat your high score" games really don't do it for me and platformers don't either. I feel like that's what a ton of indy games are. I'm probably wrong again and happy to be told I'm wrong with examples though.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
You're definitely wrong. Indie games aren't a genre. It refers to a studios size/capacity, and most importantly whether or not they have funding from a publisher.

PUBG, Divinity: Original Sin 2, Torment, Wasteland 2, 2064: ROM, The Witness, Darkest Dungeon, Hellblade, Stardew Valley, Journey, etc. All indie games.

Even No Man's Sky is technically an indie game, despite having Sony marketing money behind them for their launch.