Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

South Park: The Fractured But Whole

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Love it. Can't wait for the inevitable "this is reverse racism" claims from hicks the world over.

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
Been playing this a bunch since my copy came in yesterday, digging the hell out of it. A little bummed they took out all the stats on the costumes so now they're just 100% cosmetic and they completely removed the weapons so no more beating on baddies with giant dildos and throwing dodge balls.

ViciousFish

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Having never played Stick of Truth (but I did get a free digital copy with this one) but I'm enjoying it. I had no idea what to expect going in but I like it.

Mik

Lightswitch Rave!
Reaction score
Yeah, I had already moved on to X1 when Stick of Truth came out so I didn't go back. I also got it included with my copy and I'm pumped to play both.

I'm just too into Horizon Zero Dawn right now, but it will be nice to come off such an amazing game into two more games I'm really looking forward to.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
Stick of Truth was really good and I'll probably end up replaying it once I finish this new one (which is pretty good so far, though I'm like an hour in).

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I hate this game. I hate Matt and Trey Parker. I hate Ubi soft.

I forked 4 hours into this and loved every second of it. Then I realised that I had encountered the auto save glitch which means I’ve lost every fucking bit of progress I have outside of picking my initial backstory.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow that sucks. I find the fights to be a bit too long so having to replay everything wouldn't be that fun.

Enjoying the game so far, guessing I'm 2/3 of the way through or so. Tweek's ultimate is great.

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I just sunk 11 hours into it today. I’m not proud but it felt like I was playing for maybe 1-2 hours. No idea how close I am to the end but it’s been wonderful. I skilled stick of truth initially on the ps3 so I’ll replay once I complete.

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
Replaying Stick of Truth before I dive into this but I'm amazed how much fun Stick of Truth still is three years later.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
stick of truth really works because it isn't just a fun game for south park fans but its got great gameplay and you can tell they really put a lot of work into it and loved old rpgs. Pretty much every game by tv shows (and movie franchises) are quick cashins and they went the total opposite route.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
Sabre said:
That’s one of the most surreal endings I’ve ever had in a game. Loved every second.

I just finished it and I don't know what the fuck I just saw. I can't even decide if this is better than Stick of Truth but I'm leaning towards no. The combat is fine but really easy and there weren't nearly as many big laugh moments. It DEFINITELY feels like the game runs out of steam halfway through the third act.

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Im having a blast with stick of truth atm. Im struggling to adjust to the old mechanics but its a fine game. Cause im EU they had to censor alot of content sadly but youtube lets me see it.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Just finished it. That ending just made me question why i even bother (but in a good way).Jesus, i love and hate trey and Matt so much.

Sabre

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So I completed stick of truth. Fractured was actually my preferred game. I found it absolutely wonderful running around in the Batman costume just farting on everything. It was amazing.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
They've got these small vinyl figurines of most of the games characters that you can buy, and you don't know who you got until you open it. I bought one when I bought the game and got Call Girl, which I was happy with. Today I bought another one just because and ended up with Captain Diabetes. YES YES YES

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score
Beat the Fractured but Whole the other day. I'm probably going to have withdrawals until they decide to make a third game. Just way too much fun

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
Not that there's any guarantee they'll be good, but there are two expansion packs coming at some point.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
I read somewhere that there's going to be a Mintberry Crunch level and a Casa Bonita level. If assume we'll also get some lake costumes or something.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
finally started this and really enjoying it so far although i feel like the combat was a bit easier to get used to in the first game (i dont remember having to move everyone around and the range of attacks so much. I'm just barely started though.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
My wife just beat it and said that the gameplay is pretty different. She did not like it at first but then got really into it.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
I actually thought the first one had better combat with its Mario RPG timing style. The second one tried to change to a more strategic style, but it was incredibly easy until one of the last fights where they suddenly decide to ramp up the difficulty.

I also kinda don't like the superhero motif at all.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
Finished this last night, although I still need to beat Morgan Freeman and collect like 3 pieces of art if I get around to it. Really loved this although some of the combat did stretch too long. The storyline was hilarious and the ending was great. Overall I liked Stick of Truth more but both were a blast.

Has anyone played the DLC at all? I want to know if its worth the money.