Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Speaking Out: David Starr Countless Others Named

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
wow. Maybe Impact isn’t the cesspool that we thought it was.
Only took them how long before they took action against Elgin, who was literally blacklisted by every other reputable promotion?
Or how about this - don't be dumb enough to make a rape joke on a podcast.
While true, and I agree with giving Sammy a smack or two for being an idiot when he was in his early 20s, I really don't think this board is the most fit when it comes to sitting on a high horse. There was a time not long ago when garbage "humor" was accepted and the norm, often times where the joke was how awful the thing being said was. That's why I made my comment about them digging into Jericho's past, or Mox's, and I'm sure there's plenty of others on the roster who've said some rotten things throughout their lives/careers.

None of this really changes that Sammy's being scapegoated while the Khans funnel money directly to Trump, who has said much worse on greater platforms and actively encourages this type of behavior unironically.

Dandy

Reaction score
Do yourselves a favor and don’t read the comments on the tweet from the then-10-years-old boy. I hate that “fans” of celebrities immediately deny and call anything negative about their stars fabricated.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Josh Briggs got busted for hitting on the same 13 year old Austin Theory was soliciting. Oooof. This one hits close to home as Briggs is a favorite in pretty much all of my favorite indies.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Now, this is connecting things that aren't provable, but it does kind of make you wonder what The Elite really knew about Marty and Joey. Neither went to AEW. I know what has been said, and it does make me wonder if the real reason neither went is someone really did know about their activities and didn't bring them in. Either that or AEW is incredibly lucky to have not signed either guy despite having a billionaire owner, a major network deal and seemingly tons of cash and both being great friends with the EVPs.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Tony Khan hated Joey Ryan and his schtick so that is why he didn’t go to AEW. You could be right theoretically about Marty though.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
That is, by far, the weakest "apology" I've seen. Fuck Marty, really?

So yeah, anyone want a Villain Club shirt?

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I know ROH isn't running any shows right now but do you think they'll actually sack Scurll? It'll definitely free up some money for them.

Dandy

Reaction score
I am winding up the club for another pummeling of the horse that long stopped breathing, but SAMMY GUEVARA WAS SUSPENDED FOR SAYING A HORRIBLE WORD IN A JOKING MANNER YEARS AGO. We are wondering if ROH is going to fire Scurll.

One of these men pretty much raped a 15-16 year old girl that was drunk.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
It's not a question of should, it's a matter of will. Scurll 100% deserves to be sacked but will they actually do it? Carnies are always gonna carny in the end.

Dandy

Reaction score
No, no. I am agreeing with you. I am saying we are legitimately wondering if he will be fired.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
ROH is owned by Sinclair one of the biggest scumbag companies out there. AEW is the "woke" company or likes to pretend so. That's the reason they suspended Sammy. That's why people should wonder if Scrull will be fired I'd think, the difference in corporate cultures.

Sammy getting suspended may not seem fair but they're doing what they have to. They couldn't fire Havoc because he is in rehab and Florida has very specific labour laws. I'm sure he's gone as soon as he gets out.

I have no idea what Laz means about stuff Mox has said in the past btw? I don't know what he's said outside of maybe some of his promos back in the day, but I don't really follow a lot of shoot interviews or other things. Jericho on the other hand yeah there's a ton of shit.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
I've come to terms with AEW's reaction to the Sammy thing. It honestly the best thing for him in terms of public opinion. I'm not going to defend someone making rape jokes, especially as an adult in the year 2016, but if you do want Sammy to come back from this, having him dutifully accept some sort of punishment is the best thing that could happen to him right now.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
I have no idea what Laz means about stuff Mox has said in the past btw? I don't know what he's said outside of maybe some of his promos back in the day, but I don't really follow a lot of shoot interviews or other things. Jericho on the other hand yeah there's a ton of shit.
Mox was known for some sketchball shit back in the CZW days, a real "living the gimmick" kinda guy alongside Sami Callihan.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Sammy's punishment is overkill, but given all that's happening I can see the point to a degree. That said there is no way he gets busted and someone like Hager doesn't when it comes to saying stupid shit. Guevara's Law.

Impact hiring Elgin in the first place makes any decision that isn't firing him bullshit. Could argue the same for Moose if you wanted.

Valeyard

Reaction score
He never should have been brought in in the first place.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Quack was my first thought when "a respected male trainer" or however it was worded was brought up.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Quack is another example where there were whispers throughout the last few years but nothing substantial had come out. Chikara was inactive for awhile a year or so back and apparently it was because of a sexual harassment claim.

Reaction score
Mikey Whiplash needs to change his name

It's like if a dude was named Ricky Steambro or some shit. 3/4 of the way you're like "noooo"