Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Sports Broadcasting/Anchors/Media Thread

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
One of the GOAT NEW ENGLAND SPORTS JOURNALISTS Jackie MacMullan will be retiring at the end of the month.

sfaJack

Integral Poster
Reaction score
James Andrew Miller hinted on the SI Media Podcast this week that the assignment of covering the NBA Finals was in Rachel Nichols's contract. If that's true, I wonder if this is really the end of the story.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
An oldie. Going through old Sporting News, mostly to read stories on the '72 Phillies. But the Sporting News also covered other sports and perhaps the most important story of the year was the tragedy at the Munich Olympics. Of course this was a tragedy for sportswriter Joe Falls as well...Joe Falls.JPG

Last edited:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Great-Carnac-Hero-08-17-650x468.jpg

"Something that a dork would say..."

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It’s Peyton and Eli calling/analyzing MNF live, it’s a mixture of calling a game, interviewing other players and personalities and having a live podcast while in their basement/studio. It works because they have an obvious chemistry as brothers and successful players and it’s three hours of them breaking each other’s balls.

that formula works. This Rodriguez formula won’t.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
1641429026851.gif
showing my bias here but I feel like Pedro and Big Papi are probably the best guys for this job and I don’t think they are even on the same network.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
^Agreed 100%.

I'll cede that ARod can be a compelling onscreen presence in certain contexts but I put Jeter in same category as Joe Montana, Dr. J or Tom Brady. Great, great athlete but I'd rather tour a box factory than listen to them pontificate at length.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I've been enjoying Ryan Leaf's fill in hosting duties on Eisen. That's a man that has scraped the bottom of the barrel and has come out of it very self aware and has a good humor about how bad he screwed up multiple times (sports and legal).

I enjoy his speaking cadence, his insight, and his humility. He criticized the Kyler Murray contract thing and I didn't feel obligated to yell STFU at the TV because multiple times on the show he's made sure to point out "yeah I know I screwed up" and as such I extend credibility to him. I contrast that with Herbstreit during CFB season who just grinds my gears.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Kind of fun to think what Montana would have been able to do. The team went 7-9 with Chris Chandler and Beuerlein

It could've meant a few more losses for Dallas in the mid-90s and, maybe, one of those disastrous playoff games could've been in Green Bay instead of Texas Stadium.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This could be wave of future. $30 a month seems like a lot but it's not that bad, relative to cost of cable. People my age and a bit older will hesitate but it's probably intriguing to people like my dad who mostly subscribe to cable for live sports.