BRODY said:
Weird-History2.jpg

Teenage Wade Barrett?

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Sports Media Thread

Pro Football Weekly is going out of business.

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

So Fox Sports One is gonna have Bill Raftery and Gus Johnson calling games together?

Jizz-in-my-pants.gif

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Michael Wilbon Goes Off on use of N-Word

This isn't really a subject that's just confined to sports, but sports is in the backdrop of this latest conversation. Barkley expressed similar sentiments as Wilbon on Inside the NBA last night. Barnes says to "get used to it" in terms of him and others using the word. They all conceded that perhaps he shouldn't have said it publicly on Twitter though.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/9980883/whitlock-using-n-word

Whitlock took the other side on this debate (there's other related articles there too). Forgetting all the wacky hijinks at TRTSM, I really don't say "nigga" in real life. I wasn't told I could or couldn't use the word; I just didn't grow up hearing that word all the time (despite living in an urban area for a good portion of my life).

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score

The YES Network will no longer air Mike Francesa's show at the end of January after 12 years on the air. Francesa will be replaced by Michael Kay's radio show.

this blows. Really blows

Red Baron

I have a new hat.
Reaction score

SportsNation is nothing more than Buzzfeed having its own TV show.

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Former Kansas City Chiefs and Atlanta Falcons All-Pro tight end Tony Gonzalez joins CBS Sports as an analyst for the CBS Television Network’s NFL pre-game show, THE NFL TODAY, and will contribute across multiple CBS platforms including INSIDE THE NFL on SHOWTIME and CBS Sports Network’s Sunday pre-game show, THAT OTHER PREGAME SHOW (TOPS). The announcement was made today by Sean McManus, Chairman, CBS Sports.

Tony will join James Brown, Bill Cowher and Boomer Esiason on THE NFL TODAY.

“While we welcome Tony, we want to acknowledge Dan Marino and Shannon Sharpe who have contributed greatly to the success of THE NFL TODAY for more than a decade,” added McManus. “Dan and Shannon are true Hall of Famers on the field and in front of the camera. As they pursue other professional opportunities, we thank them for their hard work and dedication and wish them nothing but the best.”

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score

Honestly, Marino added very little to that show. I will actually kinda miss Sharpe though.

Loaded Glove

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Can someone check if Dan Marino's dogs are in the enclosed pool area? Always got the vibe he was one bad day away from snapping.

Star Ocean 2

Star Ocean 2
Reaction score

TJ Simers is retiring. Let us all take a moment of silence to reflect on the career of this great journalist.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Wait, I think I knew she's much older than she looks but I forgot.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
lol ESPN... http://deadspin.com/espn-suspends-max-kellerman-for-talking-about-ray-rice-1618753486

On Monday, nearly a week after Stephen A. was suspended, Kellerman was on the "Mason & Ireland" show—a lead-in to his own on ESPN-LA—and discussed battering his then-fiancée and now wife of 20 years. He told a story where they both got drunk, she slapped him, and he slapped her back. It was briefly available on a podcast, but was later pulled from the site.

On Friday, ESPN suspended Kellerman, but not because he admitted to hitting his partner. He was suspended because ESPN higher-ups wanted to avoid this kind of discussion on the air, and specifically told on-air talent to tread carefully.

Industry sources said while the content of his story was disturbing, the suspension was all about Kellerman, who once worked for ESPN New York Radio, not adhering to ESPN brass' warning concerning the Rice topic being a highly sensitive one. "My understanding is that it was part of a larger conversation ESPN had with all its on-air people," a radio industry source said. "Kellerman obviously didn't pay attention."

While the topic became even more charged after Smith's remarks and suspension, ESPN personalities were warned to measure and consider their commentary as soon as Rice's two game suspension was handed down by commissioner Roger Goodell.

So Kellerman either ignored the directive altogether or measured and considered his story and decided it was OK to discuss. ESPN, then, is suspending him for insubordination and not necessarily because he said something offensive.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Craig Carton of WFAN was arrested this morning on federal charges for running a ticket scam to pay of his gambling debts. Well holeeee.. shit.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more-sports/craig-carton-boomer-carton-co-host-arrested-fbi-article-1.3473530

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
I know I'm late as fuck to the party (as usual), but I've been devouring Katie Nolan clips on YouTube the last few days. Where the fuck have I been?

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
So WEEI had no original programming today because all their talent was undergoing "sensitivity training" after a bunch of idiots said stupid shit on their shows over the past few weeks. Granted, I haven't listened to it (or the Sports Hub, actually) in nearly 10 years now, but if things are so bad that you shut down programming, I would think firing the idiots that say that stuff and replacing them with people that probably won't is a better course of action.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Except it's WEEI, so all they'd do is replace those idiots with other idiots that think exactly like them. Because, whether they care to admit it out loud or not, that's what their fanbase actually wants.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Mike Francesa is returning to WFAN after his four month "retirement" LOL

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/hassankanu/status/1219738837209034752?s=20

Really can't stress enough what a trash organization Barstool is.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So apparently Peyton Manning was courted, and rejected, the opportunity to be a MNF analyst. He was offered a lot more than Romo.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jay Williams just suggested that they have the NBA Playoffs at sea with each series on a different cruise ship. And I think it's officially time that ESPN just switches over to ABC News coverage until this thing blows over.

alkeiper

Welcoming our new insect overlords
Reaction score
Boxing matches used to take place in secret locations. The Sullivan/Kilrain fight saw spectators board special trains which took them to the fight location, away from the prying eyes of the police. I'm not saying we would do that again, but I would 100% watch a baseball game on an aircraft carrier.