Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Sports Cards Hobby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Very interesting, @HarleyQuinn. I’m actually leading bidder in a few JBJ cards right now, so we will see where that goes.

My Topps order of WWE Topps Chrome showed up today. Opened one box and the hits were Bianca Belair Green Refractor (/99), Kevin Nash Legends Insert Gold Refractor /50, Mustafa Ali Auto /199 and Lacey Evans /99. Decided to save the second box but it probably won’t make it past tonight. I had a better hit in the last box but think I got more diverse hits in this one. Still nothing in hobby boxes as nice as @fazzle got in his packs,

Had a key piece of a WWE Undisputed rainbow I’m working on come in.

I’ve done a lot lately with some recently released stuff so I tried to ease off auctions today but this morning I won the Undisputed redemption for the Roderick Strong Gold Autograph which is /10. I had put $21 on it the other day and won, which surprised me. I don‘t think I saw any autograph in Gold go that low.

I also won a 2019 Prizm Gold Lazer Rob Gronkowski for $3 shipped

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
My Topps order of WWE Topps Chrome showed up today. Opened one box and the hits were Bianca Belair Green Refractor (/99), Kevin Nash Legends Insert Gold Refractor /50, Mustafa Ali Auto /199 and Lacey Evans /99. Decided to save the second box but it probably won’t make it past tonight. I had a better hit in the last box but think I got more diverse hits in this one. Still nothing in hobby boxes as nice as @fazzle got in his packs,

I also won a 2019 Prizm Gold Lazer Rob Gronkowski for $3 shipped
Love the Nash and Lacey hits! Also nice on the Gronk Lazer. Looks like they were Blaster Box exclusives.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Don’t remember if I posted here that last week I caught a Target.com restock of the basketball contenders blasters for 2020-21. I got it for $17 shipped but the product was just as lousy as I remember in previous years. It is mostly boring cards of current NBA guys when they were in college, sprinkled with current guys. Of the big names I got one RJ Hampton and one James Wiseman insert. My autograph was Mamadi Diakite, who I found as the #60 pick on a draft board - if I’m lucky I get Mr. Irrelevant!

Opened the other WWE Chrome box. Nice cards but I continue to be underwhelmed. I don’t understand the Image Variant set. The Sonya Deville card is awesome and then they have a kinda lame picture as an image variant. I know in baseball they had Dodgers pitcher Dustin May batting in his image variant. Stuff like that is cool but the Sonya one is an example of it seems forced and unnecessary. If anything, make the cooler picture the rarer, variant to get people to chase them.

My hits of note for the WWE box was a Karl Anderson Orange Refractor (/25) and the two autographs were a Gold /50 Mustafa Ali and and from the Shocking Wins subset, a Gold /50 Auto of Jinder Mahal, highlighted his Championship victory.

I think my interesting score of the day was I somehow stumbled upon and won an auction for a Topps Chrome Andrew Luck rookie card for $2.42 shipped. I feel like his early retirement won’t lend himself to be a Hall of Famer but I thought it was a cool card of that era to get for that price.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They basically got rid of annoying things like numbers and replaced them with adjectives, similar to what PSA did. I'm going to figure it out, I always do, but damn it's discouraging at times.
I invested 8 hours of time last night breaking down 10 packages, all prepaid postage, each with 1 30 day order (4-8 cards depending if I wanted subgrades) and 1 Non-guaranteed order of 10 cards, per box.

I have reallocated the cards into 4-8 card submissions (depending if I want sub grades) to their "economy service" (former 30 day). Also in 6 of those packages I've inserted some in person autos for BAS certification (the Facebook group mod handles bulk for BAS also).

So now it's 17 orders packaged and ready to fly, all 4-8 cards each. I'm dropping one in the mail per week. If my COMC order ever comes in there are things in there (1959 Three Stooges Curley) that'll cut the line.

The amount of paper I had to trash because of things like "30 day" and "non - guaranteed" being written down PLUS resorting 10 card subs to 8 card subs and then making new subs with the remainder two cards each time wasn't as flustering as I expected, just very time consuming.

On the plus, I have BAS coming in tomorrow Scott Fujita and Jake "The Snake" Roberts. I probably won't have time to scan them before work, though.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Don’t remember if I posted here that last week I caught a Target.com restock of the basketball contenders blasters for 2020-21. I got it for $17 shipped but the product was just as lousy as I remember in previous years. It is mostly boring cards of current NBA guys when they were in college, sprinkled with current guys. Of the big names I got one RJ Hampton and one James Wiseman insert. My autograph was Mamadi Diakite, who I found as the #60 pick on a draft board - if I’m lucky I get Mr. Irrelevant!

Opened the other WWE Chrome box. Nice cards but I continue to be underwhelmed. I don’t understand the Image Variant set. The Sonya Deville card is awesome and then they have a kinda lame picture as an image variant. I know in baseball they had Dodgers pitcher Dustin May batting in his image variant. Stuff like that is cool but the Sonya one is an example of it seems forced and unnecessary. If anything, make the cooler picture the rarer, variant to get people to chase them.

My hits of note for the WWE box was a Karl Anderson Orange Refractor (/25) and the two autographs were a Gold /50 Mustafa Ali and and from the Shocking Wins subset, a Gold /50 Auto of Jinder Mahal, highlighted his Championship victory.

I think my interesting score of the day was I somehow stumbled upon and won an auction for a Topps Chrome Andrew Luck rookie card for $2.42 shipped. I feel like his early retirement won’t lend himself to be a Hall of Famer but I thought it was a cool card of that era to get for that price.
I'm simply not a fan of the Panini Contenders products myself for any of the sports. I just find them really... lame and uninteresting aside from the autos and even then, so many products deliver autos or RPAs that I don't get the massive investor hype over it.

Variation images are very hit or miss to me. I've seen some really cool ones than others that are pretty bland and crappy. In wrestling, I'd make the variants stuff like an action shot of their finishing move or a great action shot, period. You're telling me they can't grab something off WWE.com/from WWE's photographers to do so? That Mustafa Ali auto sounds nice but I'm a sucker for a 'Gold' anything when it comes to cards.

You can get a ton of Andrew Luck RCs for dirt cheap, even graded. Stuff like BGS 9.5s & 9s for $10 and PSA 9s for $9.99. It's really telling how quickly Luck's cards spiked downwards just a year or two after his retirement. Most interesting is that he only played 6 seasons, one of which was shortened by injury. If you are an Andrew Luck collector though, you're probably making out like a bandit right now.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Some minor BGS stuff:

two 2009 grading orders that I had to get reslabbed due to cracks:

4kmEGaG.jpg

s3ZPZqS.jpg

And two in person autos I got slabbed/authenticated for preservation:

qvx4W5w.jpg

Fnq12ue.jpg

If you're referencing two labels with the same serial #, I feel that so hard. I finally gave up on trying to get my guy to fix their database. I have a graded 1/1 Brees and the serial # gives me a hockey card. Finally just mailed it to my bulk subber and told him to have BGS reslab it and give it a new serial #. Nothing else I can do. That's a 9.5 that'll help my registry points if they ever fix it.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Been curious at when exactly Topps started doing the SP/SSP inclusions in their sets (I know technically SP cards in some brands go back to like the late 1950s/1960s with Sandy Koufax, etc.) more for modern-day sets.

2009 & 2010 Topps - The start of short print inclusions. Legends are the SP Cards. Really unique 'sets' to collect since the cards list their full stats on the back too and can probably be had for cheap.
2011 Topps - Focus started shifting more towards SP Variants of the main players in MLB.
2014 Topps - Several players started having multiple SP Variants of the base card.
2016 Topps - SSP Variations start to be included in the product.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Been curious at when exactly Topps started doing the SP/SSP inclusions in their sets (I know technically SP cards in some brands go back to like the late 1950s/1960s with Sandy Koufax, etc.) more for modern-day sets.

2009 & 2010 Topps - The start of short print inclusions. Legends are the SP Cards. Really unique 'sets' to collect since the cards list their full stats on the back too and can probably be had for cheap.
2011 Topps - Focus started shifting more towards SP Variants of the main players in MLB.
2014 Topps - Several players started having multiple SP Variants of the base card.
2016 Topps - SSP Variations start to be included in the product.
Here's a breakdown of all the 'Legends' included from 2009 through 2012. Did not use any repeat names e.g. Babe Ruth in 2009 & 2010. Total = 71 Legends all 'Short Prints'. Judging by 2010 S2 being SP'd at /3000, it's probably fair to assume the other SPs are either around that number or maybe a little higher.

I've also read that the Topps SSP cards from 2016+ can be as low as /300 or /125 range depending on the year.

2009 = Babe Ruth, Pee Wee Reese, Rogers Hornsby, Jackie Robinson, Cy Young, Ty Cobb, George Sisler, Christy Mathewson, Jimmie Foxx, Honus Wagner, Roy Campanella, Mel Ott, Tris Speaker, Walter Johnson, Lou Gehrig, Thurman Munson, Johnny Mize, Wade Boggs, Ryne Sandberg, Cal Ripken Jr, Jim Palmer, Frank Robinson, Bob Gibson, Mike Schmidt, Juan Marichal, Nolan Ryan, Brooks Robinson, Reggie Jackson, Tony Gwynn, Robin Yount, Greg Maddux, Paul Molitor, Steve Carlton, Carl Yastrzemski
2010 [Announced /3000 Series 2 starting w/Eddie Mathews] = Hank Greenberg, Warren Spahn, Whitey Ford, Carlton Fisk, Rickey Henderson, Stan Musial, Willie Stargell, Joe Morgan, Roger Maris, Eddie Mathews*, Tom Seaver, Ozzie Smith, Richie Ashburn, Thurman Munson, Dizzy Dean, Dale Murphy, Eddie Murray, Ernie Banks, Mickey Mantle
2011 = Yogi Berra, Frank Thomas, Johnny Bench, Harmon Killebrew, Phil Rizzuto, Bob Feller, Andre Dawson, Robin Roberts, Roberto Alomar, Duke Snider, Hank Aaron, Sandy Koufax, Bert Blyleven, John Smoltz
2012 [Series 2 Exclusive] = Joe DiMaggio, Stan Musial, Willie Mays, Roberto Clemente

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Yeah, the Topps stuff trips me up. At one point there was a pattern anything above card 300 was a short print run. But now they have variants in the set that you may not know. I read on Stadium Club you can tell by the code on the bottom of the card but I haven’t gone back through to see.

They do make some really cool photo/SP variants but they are a pain to track. While I felt a chunk of the WWE Variants were lazy in WWE Chrome, they do label the card differently to help completionists. Bayley is card 8 in the base set but the Image Variation is labeled IV-5 instead.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, the Topps stuff trips me up. At one point there was a pattern anything above card 300 was a short print run. But now they have variants in the set that you may not know. I read on Stadium Club you can tell by the code on the bottom of the card but I haven’t gone back through to see.

They do make some really cool photo/SP variants but they are a pain to track. While I felt a chunk of the WWE Variants were lazy in WWE Chrome, they do label the card differently to help completionists. Bayley is card 8 in the base set but the Image Variation is labeled IV-5 instead.
Yeah, Beckett does a great list of the variants in the Topps related products, which helps e.g. 2017 Topps Series 1 Variations but when I was ripping packs/boxes, I had to look up on TCDB and such to figure out the SP and SSP variants.

I really like the idea of labeling the Variants with a different back number, just makes it easier especially for collectors.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
I've found that the Donruss Season Stat Line serial #'d cards can be sneaky, cheap options for good players. I think these are a perfect example of zagging a bit while others are zigging. Other examples could be Topps Chrome Blue Refractors /150, Topps Update Advanced Stats /150 or Topps Update Vintage Stock /99, etc. A lot of these parallels and serial #'d insert sets can be sneaky ways to amass a deeper collection for the long term allowing you to then target higher-end stuff down the road as kind of the crown jewels they should be.

2016 Donruss - Nolan Arenado /42
2016 Donruss - Charlie Blackmon /43
2016 Donruss - Anthony Rizzo /101
2016 Donruss - Stephen Strasburg /111
2016 Donruss - Xander Bogaerts /196
2017 Donruss - '83 Retro Joey Votto /101
2017 Donruss - Dave Winfield /118
2017 Donruss - Francisco Lindor /182
2017 Donruss - '83 Retro Freddie Freeman /302
2018 Donruss - Paul Goldschmidt /36
2018 Donruss - Duke Snider /43
2018 Donruss - Jose Abreu /102 [2020 AL MVP Winner]
2018 Donruss - Joe Morgan /111
2018 Donruss - Miguel Cabrera /117
2019 Donruss - Adrian Beltre /23
2019 Donruss - Matt Carpenter /42
2019 Donruss - Max Scherzer /91
2019 Donruss - Clayton Kershaw /104
2019 Donruss - Cody Bellinger /145

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Those are pretty good finds. I think even though I mostly associate the Donruss brand with baseball that they do get undervalued in current product for the people who do not like the lack of team logos. I have to admit, I usually am hesitant to get the Panini baseball products for that reason myself but did get a couple JBJ serial numbered cards from their lines really cheap the other day.

I had seen some of the NBA stat line before but don’t think I ended up getting any. You may look into some of those too, which means I assume there are also NFL ones.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Those are pretty good finds. I think even though I mostly associate the Donruss brand with baseball that they do get undervalued in current product for the people who do not like the lack of team logos. I have to admit, I usually am hesitant to get the Panini baseball products for that reason myself but did get a couple JBJ serial numbered cards from their lines really cheap the other day.

I had seen some of the NBA stat line before but don’t think I ended up getting any. You may look into some of those too, which means I assume there are also NFL ones.
Great to know. Yeah, that's one of the flaws of Donruss Baseball is the lack of team licensing but NFL has done it as well for a long period of time.

For some reason, the Hobby Market seems to be undervaluing NBA Hoops as a brand, especially for 2019-20. John Wall Orange Explosion /25 is just $8.00 raw. Vince Carter Green /99 is just $3.00. Jaylen Brown Hoops Premium Boxset /199 is just $3.13 raw. And this Klay Thompson Hoops Silver /199 is $1.50 and this Damian Lillard is $3.00.

One thing I've learned from the Ben Graham Investing books I've read is: (Ben) would bet on the likelihood that the market would eventually see the error of its ways. The inherent risk (with every stock) is that the market remains blind or an unexpected event occurs.

I feel like with sports cards, not every brand will turn into Prizm nor will every set turn into Silvers; but at some point, the market whether it be collectors or investors should recognize the value of a low serial #'d card, sticker autographed cards, or cards with good eye appeal.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
There’s a lot of collectors in the modern market that treat Hoops inferior due to the accessibility and price. Hoops felt like an elite brand to me as a kid because that was a definitive NBA product. Had many times larger rosters and you didn’t see the design copied in other sports.

I don’t remember the official name but one of the final milking the 2019-20 rookie class craze is going to basically be a Prizm version re-release of NBA Hoops. Assume while undervalued the market will still be nuts as those. I remember laughing off the Hoops hobby boxes at $150 at the start of the craze this year, then they went up to $300.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Checked the email tied to my PSA account and it appears the submission I made with the vouchers I got for joining is getting closer.

These are the cards I sent for review:

2019 Panini Spectra Celestial (/99) Charles Barkley
2015 Panini Totally Certified Devin Booker
2019 Panini Obsidian Electric Etch Contra (/3) Vince Carter
2007 Upper Deck Santa Hat Rookie Kevin Durant
2019 Panini Select Neon Orange Pulsar Prizm (/13) Kyrie Irving (my card is actually 11/13, his jersey number)
2019 Panini Donruss Optic All-Stars Lebron James
2019 Panini Mosaic Will to Win Lebron James
2018 Panini Chronicles Luka Doncic
2019 Panini Select Ja Morant
2017 Panini Dontuss Jason Tatum
2003 Topps Dwyane Wade
2019 Panini Mosaic Zion Williamson
2018 Panini Donruss Trae Young
2019 Bowman Platinum Fernando Tatis Jr.
2019 Topps WWE Money in the Bank Red (1/1) Titus O’Neil

Looks like when I did the Lebron card it was about eight days between this Review Your Order email and the one saying the grades were now available. Since this is my first multi-card return I am warring with myself over checking the grades when the email comes to brace for any surprises/disappointments or having a “reveal party” when the package arrives.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Checked the email tied to my PSA account and it appears the submission I made with the vouchers I got for joining is getting closer.

These are the cards I sent for review:

2019 Panini Spectra Celestial (/99) Charles Barkley
2015 Panini Totally Certified Devin Booker
2019 Panini Obsidian Electric Etch Contra (/3) Vince Carter
2007 Upper Deck Santa Hat Rookie Kevin Durant
2019 Panini Select Neon Orange Pulsar Prizm (/13) Kyrie Irving (my card is actually 11/13, his jersey number)
2019 Panini Donruss Optic All-Stars Lebron James
2019 Panini Mosaic Will to Win Lebron James
2018 Panini Chronicles Luka Doncic
2019 Panini Select Ja Morant
2017 Panini Dontuss Jason Tatum
2003 Topps Dwyane Wade
2019 Panini Mosaic Zion Williamson
2018 Panini Donruss Trae Young
2019 Bowman Platinum Fernando Tatis Jr.
2019 Topps WWE Money in the Bank Red (1/1) Titus O’Neil

Looks like when I did the Lebron card it was about eight days between this Review Your Order email and the one saying the grades were now available. Since this is my first multi-card return I am warring with myself over checking the grades when the email comes to brace for any surprises/disappointments or having a “reveal party” when the package arrives.
Go for the 'blind surpise' reveal party!

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry @Baby Shoes but I've decided most NBA card designs kinda suck, which probably explains why I can't get into the sport in general but especially for rookie cards. MLB is pretty iconic because they (usually) have a natural 'sport' pose, NHL is solid if not simple in their card design and NFL can vary but usually are similar to MLB in getting a good, natural 'pose' for the cards.

NBA is just very blah unless a guy is dunking the ball or about to pull off an acrobatic shot. I think a lot of it also ties into the lack of a good 'background' whether it be a crowd of fans or a better shot of the court itself. That Fleer goes for just $10 while the other 3 are going for $30+ minimum (the Topps Chrome is $200+) and frankly, that Topps Chrome is just ugly to me. One of the best Tim Duncan cards visually is the last one linked. A 2007-08 Topps Gold /2007 because it's bright, you have a great silhouette singular shot of Duncan to contrast with the yellow, and it just pops. I'd take that latter card over any of the others except maybe the Fleer Rookie because that card reminds me of the MLB/NFL classic rookie card shots.

front.jpg
front.jpg
front.jpg
front.jpg
front_old.jpg

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Sorted my graded cards some today, as I’m trying to get them organized and shared. There a couple random ones here but there were a couple that were cheaper than it would cost for me to get the card graded, let alone acquire a card in good condition

Wrestling
2017 Topps WWE - Bayley - RC logo, smiling - PSA 9
2017 Topps WWE - Carmella - RC logo - PSA 10
2019 Topps WWE Women’s Divison - Kacy Catanzaro - 1st NXT card - PSA 10
2019 Topps WWE Women’s Divison - Kacy Catanzaro Purple (/99) autograph - PSA 10
2016 Topps WWE Nia Ja. - 1st NXT card - PSA 10
2019 Topps Undisputed Rob Schamberger Portrait Shinsuka Nakamura - PSA 10
2018 Topps WWE Then Now Forever Ronda Rousey Rookie - PSA 9

Football
2019 Panini Prizm Green Scope Le’Veon Bell - PSA 9
2019 Panini Donruss Optic Pink Mike Edwards RC - PSA 10
2019 Panini Donruss Optic Pink Clelin Ferrell RC - PSA 10
2014 Topps Chrome Jimmy Garoppolo RC (throwing) - PSA 9
2002 Topps Pristine Joey Harrington RC (/999) - PSA 10

Baseball
2018 Topps Heritage American League All-Stars Jose Altuve - PSA 10
2017 Topps Chrome 1987 Topps Andrew Benintendi RC - PSA 10
2019 Topps Holiday Michael Chavis RC - PSA 10
2019 Topps Chrome Update #21 Vladimir Guerrero Jr RC - PSA 9
2019 Topps Chrome Update #58 Vladimir Guerrero Jr Rookie Debut RC - PSA 10
2010 Topps Chrome Red Refractor (/25) Autograph Luke Hughes RC - PSA 9
2019 Bowman Chrome Prospects Shervyen Newton 1st Bowman Autograph - PSA 9
2016 Topps Mini David Ortiz - PSA 10
2007 Upper Deck Predictor Green Dustin Pedroia - PSA 10
2003 UD Prospect Star Rookie Carlos Quentin PSA 10
2017 Topps Chrome Freshman Flash Hunter Renfroe PSA 10
2011 Bowman Chrome Prospects Autograph Jonathan Schoop 1st Bowman PSA 10
2016 Bowman Chrome Prospect Autograph Sam Travis PSA 10
2011 Bowman Mark Trumbo RC PSA 10

Figure that is a long enough block for now. Will try to type up and share my basketball sometime in the near future.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
It hit me I forgot to post my non-PSA baseball since they are placed in a different place due to size.

Baseball
2019 Bowman Chrome Prospects Refractor (/499) Nolan Jones SGC 9.5
2012 Bowman Chrome Draft Autographs Devin Marrero 1st Bowman BGS 9.5 (Auto 10)

Basketball
2017-18 Select Rookie Signatures Green (/65) Dennis Smith Jr BGS 9 (Auto 10)
2007 Topps Echelon McDonald’s All American James Anderson PSA 10
2018 Panini Prizm Freshman Phenoms DeAndre Ayton PSA 10
2016 Panini Prizm Starburst Ben Bentil RC PSA 10
2016 Panini Prizm Sky’s the Limit Orange Wave (/25) Eric Bledsoe
2016 Panini Select Tri-Color Prizm Kris Dunn RC PSA 10
2018 Panini Donruss Optic Fast Break Purple (/95) Melvin Frazier Jr RC PSA 10
2017 Panini Essentials Harry Giles RC PSA 10
2x 2018 Panini Prizm Justin Jackson RC PSA 10
2018 Panini Prizm Green Prizm Justin Jackson PSA 10
2003 Topps Lebron James RC PSA 8
2016 Panini Excalibur Jousting (Left) Lebron James PSA 10
2017 Panini Donruss Optic All-Stars Lebron James PSA 10
1994 Collector’s Choice Gold Signatures Keith Jennings PSA 10
2017 Panini Donruss Optic Fast Break Pink (/20) DeAndre Jordan
2015 Panini Prizm Red, White & Blue Prizm Frank Kaminsky RC PSA 10
2018 Panini Donruss Optic Signature Series Holo Autograph Kevin Knox PSA 9
2014 SP Authentic Autograph Nikola Mirotic PSA 10
2028 Panini Chronicles Green (/25) Deanna Muss RC PSA 9
2017 Donruss Optic Autograph Purple Frank Ntilikina RC PSA 10
2017 Panini Prizm Luck of the Lottery Frank Ntilikina PSA 10
2003 Fleer Tradition Crystal (/175) Paul Pierce PSA 10
2016 Panini Select DieCut Neon Yellow(/75) Paul Pierce PSA 10
2019 Panini Prizm Orange (/49) Derrick Rose PSA 9
2008 Topps Signature Autographs (/750) John “Hot Rod” Williams PSA 10
2019 Panini Prizm Penmanship Autograph Ivice Zubac PSA 10

I know elsewhere I have some graded ones I got years back that are decent cards graded well from weird companies that I may need to look into cracking and resubmitting. I know of Paul Pierce rookie from a Fleer brand, I think, and then I think a Bowman Carmelo rookie and an Ultra Gold Medallion Dwayne Wade rookie.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I only recently started Blowout Forums. No account, just scroll through a couple boards. Some guy in the WWE section claims to have gotten a box of WWE Undisputed and from the same box got the Base Red 1/1 Damien Priest, dual booklet auto /5 of the Viking Raiders and the quad auto book of /5 of the Horsewomen.

That Horsewomen one alone would make me lose my mind but getting two other cards that rare in the same box would seemingly be the best box ever. The product has a hit in every pack but typically not that rare.

Reactions: SFH

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
I could see that. Topps historically has some WILD collation in their products
Yeah, I've seen some boxes which make the phrase Hot Box an absolute understatement.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
$3.08 shipped I got myself a Topps Chrome Certified Autograph rookie of Blue Jays catcher and Dollar Tree masturbater Reese McGuire

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I collect base National Treasures Brees cards, I've alluded to this. Probstein just had 4 ending at once from the same year, all #'d to 99.

I was able to grab 2 of them for under $4. One went somewhere between $7.50-$9.00 (I didn't look after I bid 5 and it failed) and then the one serial #'d 1/99 went for $44. I always assumed it was a myth that people paid premiums for #1 serial numbered cards. Myth busted.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I never understand that because from what I’ve heard, the first and last number isn’t even necessarily produced in that order, let alone relevant. I won a 25/25 recently that had that as the selling point and thought it was cool when I got a 99/99 recently, since it looked cool but it doesn’t really matter much. The only ones I feel I have actively paid a premium on at times have been if I find a unique card with the player’s jersey number but even then, I’m not jumping up to $44 on something also selling for $3. I may go from $3 to $5, maybe $7.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Trying to prep a grading order, wiping down for smudges with my eyeglass cloth. I previously was busting unfavorable graded cards from slabs (mostly stuff with low surface grades, that I was going to wipe down). Apparently a piece of holder plastic landed in my cloth. So instead of wiping down this 1/5, I instead scratched it up.

GLqQfaj.jpg

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, just think of the premium you can get for it now! "Unique 1/5 LarDarius Webb Jersey Card! Only Scratched Version!!!" ;)

• Haha
Reactions: SFH
Status
Not open for further replies.