Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

ST. ANGER 10TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION

Gary

None So Vile
Reaction score
Metallica and Megadeth at their worst are unfathomably bad. Also, this

From an online review:
I'm sometimes embarrassed admitting this, but I think "Load" and "Reload" have their moments-it's just the bad stuff is really fucking bad. Like, from a musical standpoint, a song like "Prince Charming" is decent, but then James opens his mouth and his voice and the lyrics are cringeworthy. Also, Slayer and Anthrax, even at their worst, never become as embarrassing as Megadeth or Metallica can get. At worst, they can be bad or just "eh, whatever". Something like "Diablos en Musica" is bad, but mostly in a dull way.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Load and Reload have some good riffs sprinkled in and I like songs off both. James vocals are just at their most cock rock OOOOHHHHHHH obnoxious during them, but once again kind of funny if I'm in the right mood.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
I maintain that "Bleeding Me," "Outlaw Torn," "The Memory Remains," and "Fixxxer" are four of the best Metallica songs period.

And piss off, @Brocklock , "Breadline" is fine. Beats half the garbage that count as deep cuts from the 80s output, anyway. Ever tried listening to Peace Sells while skipping the two actually good songs on it? Fucking trash.

...we need a "Megadeth songs that fucking suck" thread. It'll be most of their discography. Mustaine is a cunt.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I listened to Peace Sells yesterday without skipping brah. I thought it breezes right by and the only song I don't really like that much is I Ain't Superstitious. I don't like Megadeth cover songs and Mustaine's voice never feels right in the covers. I have Rust In Peace and Countdown To Extinction (The best album of all the 90's Thrash Bands make more accessible music albums) above it, but I quite like the album.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I maintain that "Bleeding Me," "Outlaw Torn," "The Memory Remains," and "Fixxxer" are four of the best Metallica songs period.

And piss off, @Brocklock , "Breadline" is fine. Beats half the garbage that count as deep cuts from the 80s output, anyway. Ever tried listening to Peace Sells while skipping the two actually good songs on it? Fucking trash.

...we need a "Megadeth songs that fucking suck" thread. It'll be most of their discography. Mustaine is a cunt.
You mean "My Last Words?" "Good Mourning/Black Friday?" "Devils Island?" "The Conjuring?" Yeah, all of those songs kick ass.

Laz

Reaction score
There's a plethora of "what if [this song] was on [that album]" videos for Metallica especially. "Frantic" would've been better in the AJFA style.

Staff member
Reaction score
I've said this in the chat room mad times but they should recut this as a live album. The three songs I've heard them play live from this are really good.

Laz

Reaction score
That's a lot of post-prod trickery to quell all the boos

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You could get a great double album from everything post Black album, which has its issues but is more the setup to their latter problems.

St. Anger was one of the most frustrated I've ever been as a music fan.