Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Star Wars Franchise Discussion

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Cody responded to people criticizing his Rogue One criticism by saying that he loved it and all Star Wars movies and TV series, which makes him sound like even more of a baby. AND IF HE LOVES ALL OF THEM WHY DIDN'T HE RANK Ewoks (OR THE EWOK TV MOVIES) and Droids!!!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm going to do a prequels rewatch over the holidays actually since I haven't watched them since the '00s but I remember AOTC being the worst.

I haven't watched any of the TV series besides Mando but Mando (along with my Star Wars nerds friends saying they're actually good for the past 5-10 years) has inspired me to give them a look. So I will have a ranking of all of the canonical films & shows like Codeman's approximately sometime in 2022.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A guy with a gigantic neck flag tat having poor judgement is not exactly shocking news. That entire list of his is terrible once you get past Empire.

Phantom Menace and AOTC are both unwatchable garbage that completely dismantle everything good about the SW Universe. ROTS is terrible but at least has a few cool things like Order 66 and Anakin murdering all the younglings...even if Anakin's reasons were hilarious.

A lot of the non movie stuff including books are better than the prequels and sequels. The sequels suck too (aside from TLJ which actually tried to do something and was decent) but I've talked about them enough already.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I can't wrap my head around why someone would rank it as the WORST*. I get it being middle of the list but very bottom!? Worse than AOTC, Phantom Menace or TROS!? Worse than Solo!? Is it cause it had the least amount of Jedi stuff?

*Then again, I also can't rap my head around why Cody got a neck tattoo.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I sent Codeman's list to my best friend, who is the Star Wars nerd who dunked on Ben Shapiro about TLJ on Twitter, and his Top 5 or 6 was actually similar to Codeman's (Including having TLJ as #2 but he is heavily biased) but he said the bottom of the list was wacky.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i would put TLJ in my top 3 or 4 if you only include the movies probably but i'd need to rewatch everything and I refuse to ever watch the prequels again if I can help it.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
TLJ as #2 is least egregious part of Cody's list although I'm sure it upsets a lot of wrestling fans. It's probably in my Top 5. #6 at absolute worst.

I feel like younger Star Wars fans consistently underrate A New Hope, which to me is the clear #2 behind Empire.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
His top 6 is accurate, as far as feature lengths go, but I'll make arguments for TFA being a top 4 with the OT being the top 3. And I liked TLJ...but jeez, that b-plot and Laura Dern...yeeeeesh...

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
RotS has Order 66. Rogue One has, uhhhh...I really don't know, because each time I've tried to watch it I've turned it off out of boredom 40 minutes in.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
RotS is the best prequel by far (damning with faint praise) and is definitely better than TROS, almost definitely better than Solo, and I could even buy an argument that it's better than TFA mayyyybe. Even saying it's better than ROTJ (which is clearly weakest of original trilogy) would be a massive reach to me. I wouldn't rank it any higher than #8.

muzzington

Queen Elizabeth Look-alike
Reaction score
Having reached season 6 of Clone Wars I'd definitely recommend it, even as just a background watch. It does more for the character of Anakin Skywalker than anything else which is an achievement in itself.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Is the entire series an essential watch or is it something I can bounce around like ST: TNG and not get lost?

muzzington

Queen Elizabeth Look-alike
Reaction score
There are a lot of like 3 episode arcs with a bunch of different characters which might be confusing. There are essential episode guides online though which would help navigate it.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Sitting down and watching the Skywalker Saga with Rogue One worked in is something I should aim to do while we are still in quarantine. I watched the original trilogy dozens of times as a kid. Phantom Menace came out in my tail end of that relentless watch that I did as a kid but I was more distracted with all the wrestling at that point. I do not think I’ve seen Attack of the Clones outside of watching it in the theatre. Really don’t remember much. I remember enjoying ROTS when it came out and probably saw it once or twice right after it came to DVD. Outside of watching a few minutes of TV showings here and there, it has probably been too long since I’ve revisited most of these.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Figured tonight was a great time to watch the beginning of The Greatest Story Ever Told. But man The Phantom Menace is even crappier and more racist than I remember. This whole thing looks like a dumb PS1 game.

All the good will from John Williams score was eradicated in 15-30 seconds when I started trading scroll about trade conflicts and was like “Huh? What?”

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I tried to watch it with an open mind and lord knows I don’t have most discerning taste but this movie is assZ

Real shocker... Jar Jar Binks isn’t the the worst part of this movie. At least he is going for something. Everyone else is giving SyFy Original levels effort.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This movie is half political thriller, half silly kids adventure movie. A combination that goes together like butterscotch and pickles.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I will say as a Star Wars geek whose favorite non rasslin TV show was Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Greg Proops random appearance in this was a real thrill in 1999.

ALSO A FART JOKE IN A STAR WARS MOVIE!?

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Phantom Menace was a big moment in life. It was being psyched to see it, seeing it, and trying SO hard to convince myself it was a good movie because it was Star Wars which just killed the childhood innocence. I'm watching it again shortly.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I still prefer Phantom Menace to Attack Of The Clones. Clones being close to 150 minutes with so many wooden performances makes it such a slog. The bad stuff in Menace is more memorable and more entertaining to make fun of. They are still the two worst Star Wars movies by far.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Attack Of The Clones is the worst movie of the series. No excuse for it, either.

I think I prefer Phantom Menace to Rise Of Skywalker honestly.