Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Steve McNair murdered

still fly

#bae
Reaction score
I honestly hope he wasn't involved with something shady. I guess we'll find out more in the coming days. Absolutely shocking.

Kinetic

Kinetic
Reaction score
Man, that's awful. I always enjoyed watching him play.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Wow, what a terrible thing to happen. I liked McNair. I don't know anything about the guy personally but he was a hell of a player to watch.

zio

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'd rather this story get double coverage on FOX rather than interrupting my game to show Manny's at-bats like it's important.

EdwardKnoxII

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I like a half an hour from Nashville. Needless to say this is all over the Nashville stations.

M

Matt Young

I woke up with my TV still on ESPNews from when I went to bed this morning and I was shocked. I used to date a girl from Tennessee about 9 years ago and I still have a red McNair Titans jersey, purchased from the stadium's store, that I was given. So while I was never a Titans fan, I became a McNair fan. He was easily one of the best black quarterbacks of this generation. Rest in peace, Steve McNair.

starvenger

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Definitely one of the toughest QBs of this generation. Crazy that he was out of football at 34 and only got to enjoy it for under 2 years before someone took it away.

Migoli

Very Active Poster
Reaction score
I was a GIANT Titans from 1998-2004 or so......if I were any kind of celeb I wouldn't leave my chaos bunker!!

Psycho Penguin

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Oh my god I saw this headline in the "recent topic posted in" and I just can't believe this. Oh my god. Horrible. Fucking.. wow. I'm at a loss for words.

starvenger

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Migoli said:
I was a GIANT Titans from 1998-2004 or so......if I were any kind of celeb I wouldn't leave my chaos bunker!!
Well let's bear in mind that the other recent celeb deaths weren't suspected homicides. Chaos bunker doesn't protect you from cancer.

Of course this doesn't mean that this string of celeb deaths isn't some crazy shit though.

Psycho Penguin

Integral Poster
Reaction score
This is definitely not like the other celeb deaths of late.

When I saw a woman, I said "Oh shit, Chris Benoit?" but they would have found a gun nearby wouldn't they? They would have suspected a murder/suicide immediately? So I am guessing he was having an affair with someone's wife and he shot them both dead. But who knows yet.

RIP. Fuck. This is tragic as tragic gets.

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
I'll post the link when I get home, but saw that the Fox new out of Nashville is reporting that it is a murder/suicide. This is crazy. One of the good guys of the NFL.

dx1997

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Man, this is terrible. When I saw the news on a ticker, for some reason it didn't resonate as Steve McNair, because I thought of Vince Young first since he almost went there.

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
CNN.com says that the woman was McNair's girlfriend and they were at her condo. He was currently married with four sons so that may have played a factor (reportedly being with another woman, that is) but that's just speculation for now. EDIT: Or maybe it was a murder/suicide, which would be even more fucked up, considering McNair's rep as a great guy.

But man...it's just shocking to hear. McNair was one of my favorite QB's and he was tough as nails. I mean, the guy had a laundry list of injuries throughout his career and he managed to tough it out for over a decade. R.I.P.

Psycho Penguin

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Canadian Destroyer213 said:
I'll post the link when I get home, but saw that the Fox new out of Nashville is reporting that it is a murder/suicide. This is crazy. One of the good guys of the NFL.

Oh for fucks sake. :(

Big Beard Booty Daddy

Canadian Destroyer213
Reaction score
Psycho Penguin said:

It's been updated as a double murder. Not good, but a little better than murder/suicide.

Psycho Penguin

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Psycho Penguin said:

It's been updated as a double murder. Not good, but a little better than murder/suicide.

Well, yeah, that was the original story, and it's horrible, but at least he was a victim for sure. I think a murder/suicide would be easy to prove in this case. Unless someone came and took the gun away! And that wouldn't make sense..

Vitamin X

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't expect that when I woke up from my nap. I can't say I had any really strong feelings about McNair, nor did I watch him as much as I should have since he was on the Titans and Ravens, but I did remember rooting like hell for him in the 99 playoffs to win it all.

Sad story.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Wow, very sad to hear. I always liked McNair. R.I.P.

OG

OG
Reaction score
One of my favorite football memories is cheering like mad on his big drive in 1999 and it coming up just short. He was a warrior.

RIP