Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Stock Market Game 2021

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
https://www.marketwatch.com/game/culturecrossfire password: therealtsm

we've played this game a half dozen times over the years. it's all like the real stock market with real stocks and everything. 1 Million dollars is the max I could set it to and YPOV wanted to play with big money. I also set it to last a month because a week is a really short time period that won't tell anyone anything based on previous games.

Anyone is welcome to play but I'm going to @ a few people who have either expressed interest, have played before or I think would like to play!
@The Art of Postin' @The Valeyard @909 @Slayer @Brooklyn Zoo @AboveAverage484 @tekcop @HarleyQuinn @BUTT

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Trying to join the game but I don't think it's letting me? EDIT: Big note... there's a space then you have to put in therealtsm as the password e.g. _therealtsm with the _ being a space

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
yep started today. totally forgot because of wk but i had already bought some stock ahead of time. ill have to setup for opening tomorrow

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Gonna roll with my 75 million company portfolio

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i legit have no idea. i remember there being problems with seeing rankings before. I'm going to hope it updates soon.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
if it doesn't start updating then at the end of the day we can take screenshots of our totals and post those here.

pI6n4FZ.png

i only invested in Disney ahead of time just to test things out. I've made a ton of investments after market for day 2.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Still no rankings? Is there an option you need to check off or an official 'start' thing?

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
finally got started on this. it's really interesting to see which companies other people have, especially the ones that I also have. Am I the only person that bought WWE stock? Lmao

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
There's one thing I don't understand. When I'm looking at my portfolio, there are two columns in Price and Value. Since I bought all my stocks before the start of the day, shouldn't the price change be the same as the value change? But the percentages are different. When I bought them off-hours, it said it was pending to buy when the market opened. I don't get why the stock price change percentage should be different from my portfolio value percentage if I bought them at the opening price.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Not sure why they would be different on that one day you bought them, but they would be different after them.