Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Succession

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Almost caught up on this show and Season 3 is premiering this fall. I think it deserves a thread. One of best comedies in years. Although it's so dark I think about half the people think it's a drama.

Discuss (loosely) fictional rich people problems ITT

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Becky Lynch was in an episode. That's all I know. Oh, it also resurrected the career of Kieran Culkin!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Can’t wait. Love this show way more than I expected to.

Yeah I put off watching it myself until a month or so ago cause "pitchblack tragicomedy about the ultrawealthy with an incredibly unlikable cast of characters" didn't seem up my alley but I'm glad I checked it out. Writing on this show is so so good.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
Yup. Genuinely confused the two shows. My bad!

Shamless is the only Showtime program I watch (and that just ended).

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
So Succession is on HBO. Man, I'm just out of it today. I guess I'll check it out.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
ot72372gdik71.jpg

I mean they're not wrong but The Roys preying on the chaotic market could've made sense. Also Connor Roy getting involved in some thinly veiled recreation of the Capital Insurrection.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was kind of starting to see what the "Has Succession jumped the shark?" crowd was talking about last week. Not that first half of this season has been bad television but it really just seemed to be spinning its wheels. This last episode though. *chef's kiss* Man, that's the horribly cringey but somehow delightful nastiness that I love from the show. It seemed like a nice takedown of the modern GOP as well. Next episode seems like it's going to be similarly nasty (plus Alexander Skarsgaard!)

Predictions on who (if anyone) goes to jail?

Also what the hell is the deal with their insistence on Logan and Kendall wearing corny looking plain baseball hats? Only rich person who does that is Mike Love!

Last edited:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I knew that Kendall’s birthday bash would be brutal but yeesh, that was even worse than I expected. Best episode of this season and maybe one of the best of series. It’s amazing how horrible and not relatable these characters can be while somehow managing to empathize with them. Except Roman he has become a complete jackass these last few episodes, huh.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Uh, so is Kendall dead? Ending seemed kind of ambiguous than he wasn't in the preview for the season finale. Also damn at Shiv seizing opportunity to climb back up the Roy power rankings.

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'd be pretty surprised if they killed off a main character with so little buildup but who the hell knows. Should be a great finale.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Tom friggin Wambgans.

Season 4 is going to be an absolute dog fight. IIRC, they said they only want to do 3 or 4 seasons. It felt like this set up a gloves are off, all out war for a final season.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Assuming you're not actively rooting for Logan, no. You're not supposed to be rooting for any of these dirtbags. Not even Greg The Egg. ALTHOUGH...once again I was very happy to see Tom look after #1 and show that he actually has a backbone after three seasons of being the cast punching bag.

Cartman

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, Tom isn't a good person by any means but what Shiv has done and is doing to him is vile, so I can't help but root for him. I'm not "rooting" for Logan but I can absolutely understand his position with not wanting his moron kids running his company, even if them being the way they are is because of him to some degree.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, it's obvious from probably the first ten minutes of the pilot that none of the three are qualified as the successor but that's probably mostly because they were raised by a sociopathic monster that alternates between coddling and mental abuse and manipulation!

I also liked Connor standing up for himself and speaking his piece (then subsequently immediately getting ignored by the other three). I feel like he's the least worst of the siblings. I'm predicting he'll have a breakout Season 4 but I'm biased as a big Connhead.

Cartman

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Connor definitely doesn't seem as messed up as the others...well...he definitely has issues but he's not Evil.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think it's because as far as we know, he only has one horrible parent as opposed to two.

Someone on the Succession subreddit but it's the rare TV series where I actually wouldn't mind seeing a prequel to. That's assuming Season 4 isn't flashback heavy, which it could very well be.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So Season 3 MVP? It's probably got to be Logan Roy but I think you can make a Karl Malone in '97-esque argument for Tom Wabgams if you're sick of picking the obvious choice again.

Aero

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So Season 3 MVP? It's probably got to be Logan Roy but I think you can make a Karl Malone in '97-esque argument for Tom Wabgams if you're sick of picking the obvious choice again.
Tom earned it, punctuated by his move in the finale. Also, loved this scene from after his diner meeting with Kendall, several episodes ago:

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah. Matthew Macfayden and Jeremy Strong absolutely deserve Emmys for this season. I think the range of emotions that they showed. My goodness. Some of the greatest acting in TV history. Brian Cox, Kieran Culkin, and Sarah Snook could all win Emmys too. What a cast.