Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Super market music

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
The Walgreens nearest to me is cursed anyway. Weird shit happens.

Also, I mean, no of course they don't know it's fucking Christmas. Show respect for their personal belief systems and stop forcing God down their throats instead of food, BONO. Go back to your no name streets.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Two things...Richard Page was in Ringo’s All Starr Band when I saw them so I can say I saw Ringo play drums to “Kyrie”.

Second...guitarist for Mr. Mister was one of the many anonymous lead guitarists on KISS’ Creatures of the Night. Looking it up on Wikipedia, he played on the title track, which absolutely rips.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Two things...Richard Page was in Ringo’s All Starr Band when I saw them so I can say I saw Ringo play drums to “Kyrie”.

Second...guitarist for Mr. Mister was one of the many anonymous lead guitarists on KISS’ Creatures of the Night. Looking it up on Wikipedia, he played on the title track, which absolutely rips.

I always found it ironic in that what was probably the best KISS studio album (Creatures of the Night) didn't have KISS's most talented musician on it (despite his appearance on the cover).

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Idk if I would call Ace Frehley KISS' most talented musician but he's definitely most unique and influential.

I've honestly never thought of who was most talented musician in KISS...

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Idk if I would call Ace Frehley KISS' most talented musician but he's definitely most unique and influential.

I've honestly never thought of who was most talented musician in KISS...

He had by far the best solo album of the four, whatever that is worth.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hey @The Valeyard , do you have any strong feelings about Alannah Myles' "Black Velvet"?

It somehow came up on my Facebook feed this morning and it brought up the indelible memory of my retirement age elementary school music teacher telling us it was her favorite song of all time then playing it for all of us.

Valeyard

Reaction score
"Black Velvet" is fine, it's just my years of hanging out in karaoke bars has significantly tainted it for me.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Alannah Myles really showed up to the scene 4 or 5 years too early. I feel like 1990 was probably worst time for smoky strong adult contemporary types. Well, I guess she walked so Sheryl Crow could run.

Valeyard

Reaction score

I'm not against it but it isn't the music I want to get a shot to. It was played immediately after "Fireflies" so at least I got Shania instead of a thousand hugs from ten thousand lightening bugs.

Hoff

EVERYTHING
Reaction score
I heard ODESZA, of all things, playing at the Hy-Vee after we got dose 1 last Saturday. Unsure if it speaks to how ubiquitous electronic music is becoming, or if I'm just old and they're played out in the year 2021. Still one of my favorite acts, though, especially within that genre.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Chumbawumba is too on the nose and I've heard it four times, two at the same store.

Gary

None So Vile
Reaction score
I heard Siouxsie and the Banshee's cover of "Dear Prudence" over the weekend, which is a cover that always makes me smile. I was going to mention a song I don't like, but I didn't wanna be a grouch (maybe I'll just start a new thread dedicated to such a topic)

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I always thought they were perfectly acceptable proto buttrock but then Randy Bachman is the most negative person in that oral history of KISS' first five years that came out 5-10 years ago and I changed my tune knowing he was such a pretentious, condescending ass. Like look I know KISS is dumb but it's not like BTO's greatest hits are that much (if any!) less dumber!

Valeyard

Reaction score
KISS is superior in every way, just based on radio singles. There's just no way someone picks "The Boys Are Back In Town" over like "Detroit Rock City."