Reaction score
93031_v1.jpg

DK.jpg

TMNT.jpg

429367_10151192172347147_25721809_n.jpg

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
You know, there's something I'm kinda curious about. In all the legend of Zeldas, the sword's picture that's used seems to be a short sword instead of the full length. Anyone know why that is?

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
I remember Abadox! Were it released now, it would probably push an M-Rating from all the gore.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Tecmo World Wrestling was amazing. I remember it, really, as the first "deep" wrestling game I'd ever played after the standard Pro Wrestling fare. This was one of those games that I saw in Nintendo Power as a kid, one time, and then constantly read and re-read the preview until I ended up getting it from my parents for X-Mas.

Back of the box:

nes_tecmoworldwrestling_back.jpg

Haws Bah Gawd

Reaction score
I remember EGM or maybe Gamepro getting some angry parent letters over that Saturn ad. One of my favorite "great tits" old school game ads came from POD Speedzone. Can't find a scan of it anywhere though.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
Clearly they were angry that the ad didn't contain more examples of the AWESOME TRIPLE 32-BIT PROCESSING POWER of the all-mighty Sega Saturn.

DrVenkman PhD

You don't know me and you don't have to know me
Reaction score
Funny, I almost posted the Saturn ad but was thinking "should I spoiler tag this as possibly unsafe for work?", then I just moved on. I seem to recall another ad like that one for a Midway or Acclaim game but I can't remember what.

Haws Bah Gawd

Reaction score
That FF3 commercial kicks so much ass! Don't know how I missed that one growing up. Weird to see a Mog not going KUPO all the time.

Smues

Smuesicide
Staff member
Reaction score
I hadn't played any Final Fantasy games when I first saw that commercial, so it and the game's cover made me think the moogle was the game's main character. How surprised I was.

BUTT

Kreese
Reaction score
As a young SNES loyalist, I enjoyed Nintendo's advertorials they ran in 1994 to defend themselves against Sega's onslaught of attack ads. They really cut through the bullshit and marketing hype to make the case for why they were the better system. It was like the gaming equivalent of Clinton's convention speech.

speedmyth.jpg

gp1.jpg
gp2.jpg

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
dragon-force-saturn-5.jpg

I remember shots like this that really REALLY made me want to get a Saturn just so I could play Dragonforce. So much going on the screen at once