Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Supreme Court Rules on "Obamacare"

Spaceman Spiff

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Everyone knows the R's are trying to repeal the ACA again, right? They have until 9/30 to push it through by budget reconciliation.

Spaceman Spiff

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Remember, McCain did not oppose the previous repeal because the bill was complete garbage, he opposed it because it did not go through "regular order". This one will not, either, but he's buddies w/ Graham, so does he go against his friend & vote against, or does he show himself to be a huge hypocrite and "reluctantly" (insert jerk off motion here) vote for it?

Rand Paul said he opposes it because it doesn't go far enough in repealing, but will he actually vote no when the chips are down?

Murkowski & Collins YOU WOULD THINK would be voting no, but will they hold up against the enormous pressure from fellow R's?

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm already preparing my rage for when I see these assholes celebrating on TV after fucking millions of people.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The cruelty of the Republican Party and its followers knows absolutely no bounds.

Reaction score
McCain just dropped the leg on graham Cassidy

Staff member
Reaction score
Regardless of his reasons that guy is saving me from going fucking blind.

Staff member
Reaction score
That we live in a country where two or three people decide whether you go blind or not means this country is absolute fucking trash.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
But at least we dont have an email-using dead woman for president.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I guess Collins said today she's a no. Is Murkowski still a no?
I would love to believe this but any one of them can be influenced, rooked or bought and then it all comes crumbling down.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
I mean, at a minimum, we've got another year of this shit... At least one of them probably is going to get broken down.

Spaceman Spiff

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Great! But also, get a load of this bullshit - https://twitter.com/sarahkliff/status/911313008542060544

HHS will take http://Healthcare.gov offline nearly every Sunday from 12 a.m. to 12 p.m. of open enrollment, per presentation sent to me.

DKWiVpQVYAAqFUW.jpg

Nov. 1 is the 1st day of open enrollment.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/26/us/politics/mcconnell-obamacare-repeal-graham-cassidy-trump.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

*HIT THE MUSIC*

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
Man, if Democrats took eight years to repeal something, fixed the rules so that they needed the fewest possible votes........and STILL couldn't pass something Fox News would be 24 hours of:

81396720.gif

Don't think we'll get that this time.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
https://globalnews.ca/news/3769085/

you guy's are going to end up with canada's healthcare system if you don't do what the gop wants says VP Pence!

Spaceman Spiff

Integral Poster
Reaction score
One of the issues with the G-C bill was block granting federal Medicaid funds to the states, but only up to 2026. After that, it would be up to Congress to reauthorize the grants. Naturally, opponents were a little concerned about leaving that up to the whims of whatever party controlled Congress. But proponents were all "no need to worry, Congress will automatically reauthorize just like they do with CHIP."

CHIP's deadline came & went without it being reauthorized last week.

Spaceman Spiff

Integral Poster
Reaction score
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/trump-to-end-key-aca-subsidies-a-move-that-will-threaten-the-law%E2%80%99s-marketplaces/ar-AAtkha9?li=BBnb7Kz

I guess if Congress can't kill it, Trump is just going to unilaterally do it himself.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Well yeah. It's not about making the country better, it's all about sticking it to the black guy and undoing everything he did.

Spaceman Spiff

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The Senate's tax-cuts-for-the-rich bill is reportedly going to include a repeal of the individual mandate.

Spaceman Spiff

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Anti Trumpcare hero Lisa Murkowski backs repealing the individual mandate as part of tax-cuts-for-the-rich.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
American Healthcare:

Been having this constant twitch in my eye since mid-April. Ophthalmologist prescribed an injection of botox for today. He explained this is a normal medical use for the stuff and as a side effect it'll relax the crows feet on my right side. It was scheduled for today, pending insurance approval.

Insurance approved it alright: $570 copay on my end. *gasket blown* Rage cancelled. Wife made me call them back and un-cancel that we'd make it work. The eye twitch was affecting my quality of existence.

Today they tell me, "Before we get started we played with the numbers and if we code it as 'cosmetic' instead of medical, it's $180 and it doesn't have to go through your insurance at all." And upon asking questions like, "well can we do both eyes so I don't have half my face relaxed?" they said they could do that at no additional cost.

So, while six needle jabs on each side of my face sucked, I saved nearly $400 by them coding it as cosmetic.

On paper, I went in there for vanity, not medical necessity. ???

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Not sure if right thread:

My mother's occupation is in a doctor's office processing the claims and following up with patients on what's covered, not covered, payment plans, etc... I only know this much because when I wound up with a bill after my wreck her name was the point of contact. Otherwise the answer is "uh she works for a doctor in billing?" has been my answer since high school. Apparently she went into a shit show today. It's all big medical insurance words over my head but apparently there's been some beef with Medicare/Medicaid patients that also have riders through a secondary private insurance, I guess that's a thing? Her office CEOs basically decreed they were going to stop seeing medicare/medicaid patients and sent out letters stating as much, 2,000 of them. This is a dick move as it is. But even worse, they just went ahead and put her name at the bottom since she's the insurance clerk. So on a Monday morning she had damn near nothing but phone calls from underprivileged and elderly patients that have been seeing some of these physicians for 40-50 years and they wanted to speak directly to her about something she just found out about.

So I'm not clear if this is a by product of something the Washington DC assholes did or an independent move by the millionaires that own the local practice.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
There's a 2 year old in my neighborhood with leukemia. His family, older siblings, have a sales permit and are going door to door selling baked goods to pay for the kid's cancer treatment.

This fucking country.

EDIT: she just posted in NHW that they're at ER right now with the little guy. I asked for her details for when she gets out. I might not be able to eat what they're selling but I spent too many nights in ERs with my pediatric shit to not relate on some level how scared he is. I didn't have a deadly cancer, this kid is so much braver than I ever was.