Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Survivor Series 2020: Goodbye Undertaker? Goodbye ThunderDome!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's the last WWE Network event at ThunderDome and potentially last in ring appearance for The Undertaker as an active competitor.

While the "All Star Game of Wrestling" format worked for Survivor Series in '80s and '90s, the way they've done it last five years has seemed kind of played out. Still I'll probably watch this garbage to see Big Dog's antics and to see if Undertaker actually retires.

WWE Survivor Series
November 22nd, 2020
Live from ThunderDome at Amway Arena in Orlando, Florida

The Undertaker 30th Anniversary in WWE Celebration Ceremony

Champion Vs Champion Non Title Match
Roman Reigns (With Paul Heyman) Vs Drew McIntyre

Traditional 5 on 5, Survivor Series elimination match
Team RAW (AJ Styles (c), Keith Lee, Sheamus, Braun Strowman, and Riddle) Vs Team Smackdown (Kevin Owens (c), Jey Uso, King Corbin, Seth Rollins, and Otis)

Traditional 5 on 5, Survivor Series elimination match
Team RAW (Nia Jax (c), Shayna Baszler, Lana, Lacey Evans, and Peyton Royce) Vs Team Smackdown (Bianca Belair, Ruby Riott, Liv Morgan, Bayley, and Natalya)

Asuka Vs Sasha Banks

Sami Zayn Vs Lashley

Champions Vs Champions Non Title Match
New Day Vs The Street Profits

Last edited:

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
i really love Heel Roman and would love to support him but I'm having a hard time getting it up for anything to do with WWE. If I can find anything else worth watching I'm going to skip this.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time getting it up

0MjGWrN.gif

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Rando fact that PWI just retweeted (yes I follow PWI on Twitter)...this is the first WWE PPV to not have any title matches since ECW One Night Stand '05.

If you consider the ECW ONS PPVs non-canonical then you'd have to go back to King of the Ring '95 to find a WWE show with no title matches. I'm guessing Sunday will be better than the latter PPV but not quite as good as the former!

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I was trying to figure out why this was the first time in the Battle of the Brands era but then realized the difference is the Cruiserweight title.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I watched the 205th episode of 205 Live yesterday and I couldn't even tell you who the current Cruiserweight Champion is.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I watched the 205th episode of 205 Live yesterday and I couldn't even tell you who the current Cruiserweight Champion is.
Cruiserweight Championship is mainly on NXT now. And there are two - Jordan Devlin was never stripped when the pandemic started and is walking around NXT UK with the belt and Santos Escobar has it in NXT.

205 Live lately has essentially been NXT undercard and Evolve guys and seems more directionless than ever.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Raw vs. Smackdown matches are a lot less interesting when everyone just changed brands a few months back.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
205 Live lately has essentially been NXT undercard and Evolve guys and seems more directionless than ever.
I have watched it a few times since my man AG got signed and it is fine. At least it is only a half hour?

When he immediately debuted on that show after getting signed, I thought “Oh... WWE is treating new signees better!” But then after watching it a few times, I realized they are not treating them better, it is just that 205 Live has fallen so much that they immediately can throw low-mid level signings on there.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Yeah, it was still kinda an hour when I went to a Smackdown taping in February. When the pandemic hit they did some Best Of specials. I honestly can’t remember the last time I watched but I tend to come across the recaps. I know it had to have been some time during the pandemic.

It’s weird because AG had a mini-angle running with Timothy Thatcher on NXT but that doesn’t seem to cross over with 205 fully. That was another weird thing when Ashante Thee Adonis ran into the cruiserweight title match at the last Takeover... he hadn’t really been on NXT before, was on the two weeks that followed and then not again.

2016 the Cruiserweights were still fresh and featured slightly so they got on with Kendrick-Kalisto, then 2017 had the Kalisto-Enzo, Murphy-Ali in 2028 and NXT being involved last year they randomly let Tozawa and Kalisto represent their brands against Lio Rush.

The two guys carrying that belt now seem better protected than most of those guys named, yet the title and division seems more meaningless than ever.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So what did I miss about the Thunderdome? Are they going full DeSantis and just going to start running Florida shows with fans?
We discussed this in WWE thread, Brody! They have to move out cause Orlando Magic season starts their training camp soon. They're moving to Tropicana Dome in St Petersburg, Florida until early March when Tampa Bay Rays season prep starts and will still be fanless for time being.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
The rumor is limited fans for the Rumble and a more sizable "crowd" for Wrestlemania.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
And afaik, The ThunderDome is moving to Tropicana Dome not ending entirely. Fake News King Kamala strikes again!

And since Tropicana is 2-3x than Amway, it'll be much easier for them to space out fans. Tampa Bay Rays games have been practicing social distancing for 22 years now!

In all seriousness though, they could easily fit 10-15,000 people in there while maintaining social distancing. Now whether or not, they should is another can of worms.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Will we finally see a Clique v BSK standoff tonight? Why the hell not at this point

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Wait, Mr. Fuji was in BSK? Is that like Justin Credible being in the clique? Or Sunny I guess

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Raw vs. Smackdown matches are a lot less interesting when everyone just changed brands a few months back.
Barely over a month!

With so many PPVs, I don’t mind making Survive Series a no-stakes one-off with a bunch of brand vs brand matches, but doing it literally the month after the rosters get shaken up is such a waste. Nothing like having a guy known for most of the past year as the “Monday Night Messiah” suddenly fighting on behalf of Smackdown.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Just have a bunch of Team Elimination matches on Survivor Series. The Brand warfare gimmick led to some incredible and interesting matches the last three years, but this year feels so boring and lazy compared to those shows. And Roman vs Drew should be the WM backup plan for Roman if The Rock doesn't want to wrestle at WM, so they are kind of jumping the gun on it imo.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I feel like they should embrace the All Star Game aspect that they've done the past five years and have fans vote Top 5 faces from both brnads and Top 5 heels from both brands and have top vote getters face off.