Integral Poster
Reaction score
Lots of blood in this..

Last edited by a moderator:

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Re: Teen Titans Series

Oh. I thought we were talking about Teen Titans Go which is HILARIOUS.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I've only ever seen the pre-cursor series to that. GO is the more comedic/chibi style one, right? Or is that a different one?

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

no fact said:
I've only ever seen the pre-cursor series to that. GO is the more comedic/chibi style one, right? Or is that a different one?

Yeah that's what Go is. It's actually pretty funny IMO. My son loves it too, but it's one of those shows where there are some jokes that are a wink wink to an adult.

There is a lot of fart and poop humor which I don't like but the other stuff is funny enough to keep me coming back. Also absurd. The comedy can be quite absurd. Robin is so god damn funny on this show.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Go is pretty good (started off a bit rocky) although as a fan of the original it can be a bit weird to watch (a complaint some fans take to the extreme) at times and I prefer the original. The musical numbers in Go are generally fantastic I gotta say though.

As far as this new Titans series: DARK AND EDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDGY BRAH.

Gary

None So Vile
Reaction score

Dieg5LfVQAAsZxC.jpg

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score

cobainwasmurdered said:
The musical numbers in Go are generally fantastic I gotta say though.
"Night Begins to Shine" is some GOAT material, for sure.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I love the Leprachaun episode. Definitely my favorite of all time.

Laz

Reaction score

The recurring joke of Robin being a failure as a leader is awesome, too.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score

I liked the picture of the Robin costume we saw ahead of the trailer. The trailer made me less interested but odds are I end up getting the service and watching anyway.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score

The actress playing Starfire is the latest to get flooded with social media hate essentially for playing the role while being a person of color.

Didn't have high hopes for the series after seeing the trailer but I hope she nails it. They really didn't show too much of her and the character has potential to steal the show.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I wish I could make a super hero movie where every black character is white and every white character is black. I'll flip Hispanics with Asians too. We'll see how people react to that!

Laz

Reaction score

They have every right to be mad that Warner couldn't find a legitimate orange-skinned interstellar being to play the orange-skinned interstellar being.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score

Watched the 1st episode, has potential to be really good I think.

Positives
#1: I liked the acting and find the potential backstory behind Robin's development to work on multiple levels. Already a sucker for Teagan Croft as Rachel/Raven although I got a strong Carrie vibe off the relationship of her & her mother with the prayer aspect. Looking forward to seeing Beast Boy's inclusion.
#2: The effects are good, really dug the Starfire look.

Negatives
#1: It's dark in tone and visual style. I literally couldn't make some stuff out due to how fucking dark the picture was. It starting off in Detroit (with Grayson and Rachel finding her way there) I can't decide if it works or not.
#2: Kory Ander's amnesia seems like an excuse to "discover" her as Starfire along with the character herself. Which is fine, in theory, but it's boring because it just makes the character ask questions about themselves/their predicament when the viewer wants to be shown answers/a storyline to focus upon.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score

Up through 5 episodes of Titans now. I'm liking it enough but it does remind me of an "adult" version of Gotham on FOX. Some of it is working for me especially now that we've got the group together but I'm still not a fan of how visually dark most of the episodes are still. Even the day scenes tend to resolve around cloudy/dusk days for the most part.

They do use CGI for some of the effects and I'm hoping to see more animals utilized by Beast Boy than just a tiger.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score

Finished off Season 1 (11 Episodes). I'm not in a must watch mode with it but as Gotham style filler, it's fine for what it is. I guess. Although seeing
Batman as a killer along with the subtle near out of focus characters of Joker, Two Face, Ventriloquist, etc. was awesome for my anyway
in a somewhat AU style episode was kinda worth it. Not gonna lie.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score

I'm 8 episodes in and I can't stop with the binge. Great fucking show and I can't wait to see where it goes.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score

Really digging Season 2. Episode 9 was definitely a holy shit episode, on multiple levels, and poor Gar :( Credit to the character build that I've been able to care about some of the introduced characters in this season. Still annoyed at some of the episodes being wicked dark though to the point I struggled to make anything out (the tunnel fight in particular earlier in the season as one example).

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Been finally watching this lately. Wasn’t crazy about Season One but I’m currently on Episode 5 of Season 2 and it seems more in-line with what I was hoping for.

Starfire is historically one of my favorite Titans so I’m a little sad that while the actress they hired is talented, I feel the characterization of how she is written doesn’t embody many of the things I love about the naive animated counterpart.

Also was not ready for
Dr. Light
to get murdered to the old RAW theme song.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Season 3 is hitting HBO Max on August 12th!

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Watched the first two episodes of Season 3. A little surprised at the route/direction they are going here but it's interesting.