Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Terminator 2 is twenty years old

Byron The Bulb

Byron the bulb
Reaction score
Well, it will be in July. But I don't want to wait until then to talk about it.

terminator-2-judgment-day-skynet-2.jpg

All things considered, this is probably my favorite movie ever. As I think I've said in a couple other places on here, I first saw it when I was like six years old and went on to nearly wear out the VHS. I also had a bunch of the toys, which were BOMB. The ending still makes me weep like a tiny baby

Terminator 2 ending scene

That last line is such a killer. They don't make blockbusters like this no more.

You can also talk about the first Terminator in this thread. And perhaps contemplate what might have happened if they had made a third or a fourth movie, which they never did.

Reaction score
I actually had never seen T2 until like, 3 years ago. A regrettable mistake.

The big rig chase scene is probably my favorite chase scene ever. Cocking a shotgun one-handed while riding a Harley is basically the definition of badass.

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score
Tony Bagels said:
And perhaps contemplate what might have happened if they had made a third or a fourth movie, which they never did.

but the third movie was the best one.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I saw this when it was first released. I was 12. Should I ever have a child, I don't think I'd take him or her to an R-rated movie at that age, but I guess I turned out OK. Thanks, mom.

treble

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think I like the first one better, but I haven't watched either in a few years.

Byron The Bulb

Byron the bulb
Reaction score
DARKO BOMB said:
Tony Bagels said:
And perhaps contemplate what might have happened if they had made a third or a fourth movie, which they never did.

That must have been a drug fantasy. There is no third movie.

Byron The Bulb

Byron the bulb
Reaction score
They're airing this basically uncensored on AMC right now. I just saw Xander Berkley get an arm knife through his dome in all its gory R-rated glory.

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score
Tony Bagels said:
DARKO BOMB said:
Tony Bagels said:

That must have been a drug fantasy. There is no third movie.

...It had a fit blonde as a Terminator

BlackFlagg

BlackFlagg
Reaction score
I also prefer the first a little, but that might be the horror geek in me as The Terminator is like a sci-fi slasher, heh

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
She was one of my earliest Famous People Crushes, but looking back on it, no.

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
The funny part is the CGI still looks quite convincing. They did a good job with it here. I remember for the longest time, Sarah's nuclear explosion dream was my favorite part. It's still pretty horrific.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm starting to think the only reason they put Ron Perlman in makeup was to prevent people from thinking twins were playing lovers.

Reaction score
You're nasty dawg. She looks like that girl from the show about fat people losing weight if she got fucked in the face by all those fat people.

Ripper

I'll make your ass sense.
Reaction score
Every week I watch Chuck I am more and more amazed at what a horrible actress LInda Hamilton is now. I need to watch T2 and Terminator again to see if she sucked back then too and nostalgia is just clouding it. (I'm not watching Beauty and the beast)

I am going to just throw it out there...I liked T3 and Terminator salvation. What the hell does everyone hate about these movies so much.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm far enough removed from the whole thing to admit that Edward Furlong was the prettiest girl in T2.

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score
Incandenza said:
I'm far enough removed from the whole thing to admit that Edward Furlong was the prettiest girl in T2.

His Step Mama was slamming from what I remember of T2.

Reaction score
DARKO BOMB said:
Incandenza said:

Haha gross. When the T1000 turned into her he actually got uglier.

Haws Bah Gawd

TRTSM's Color Commentator
Reaction score
I too really liked T3. My only real conplaint was Judgement Day being inevitable. Whatever happened to "no fate but what we make"? I guess someone had to make Skynet, so that sealed man's fate, but its just one way to look at things. The doomsday ending still gives me chills.

KOAB

KOAB
Reaction score
CANT WAIT said:
DARKO BOMB said:
Incandenza said:

Haha gross. When the T1000 turned into her he actually got uglier.

lol you wanna fuck robert patrick

NoCalMike

Welcome to Prime Time, bitch!
Reaction score
When I saw T2 at the drive-in at 12, I thought it was better than the original, but as first two began aging, I really feel the first one is better. I think the series basically goes in order of when they were released.

atticus Chaos

(atticus Chaos) drag racing with Vince
Reaction score
I thought Linda Hamilton should have got an oscar nomination for T2, she was terrific.

Arnold was arguably never better than he was in T2 too.

Damaramu

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I loved the first two Terminator movies.

I didn't actually mind Salvation, it just confused the ever loving fuck out of me as do most time travel movies. I remember some of the stuff that happened in it not lining up with what was said in Terminator and Terminator 2.

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
Funny that this would come up, as last night I was trying to whistle the music from all those Army recruitment commercials on the way to the showers but it kept turning into the Terminator theme. Finally I gave up and just went all-out on the Terminator music.

Terminator 3 was the only one I saw in the theaters, and it was pretty badass but T2 is the standard. I never saw Salvation.