Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The 2019 Upcoming and Rumored Fights Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
They should just make any match up between two top 10 fighters 5 rounders. Although, Diaz isn't ranked, so...

I just don't like the arbitrary assignment of 5-round fights. Sure, "main event" is the qualifier but a fight like Woodley/Luque on a PPV undercard is less deserving of 5 rounds than Holland/Brunson? It has never really made sense to me.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
...for reasons.
Main reason being Leon is a great fighter who nobody knows and giving him an over the hill guy with a big name that people still believe in.

I love Nate and even part of me believes that he can prove me wrong! But I know in my head what kind of matchmaking this is and I’m afraid to see what will happen to him. This is the kind of thing I was referring to in my post about celeb fights.

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, they put him in there to die. No further analysis needed tbh

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Costa pulled out of the Cannonier fight two months in advance. Kelvin is stepping in. Not the first time he’s pulled out of a fight and been replaced by Kelvin.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
From a matchmaking perspective I guess it's fine. It's an insult that a dude who's 1-5 in his last six is fighting somebody who's winless in a decade as a PPV co-main.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Anything with Nick Diaz related is tough to believe. Seems like he’s had so many fights “in the works” that never happened.

Could be fun. Neither has been that relevant to contendership for a while.

HSJ

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'll believe a Nick Diaz fight when they announce it and when he walks out to the cage. I'm sure he's in good shape, but he's 37 years old and hasn't fought in 6 years and only once in 8.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
rh7o6bpihq581.jpg

ah shit

Status
Not open for further replies.