Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The 2019 Upcoming and Rumored Fights Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/OnPointMMA/status/1168969058198462465

Tony vs Khabib Part 5 for the first time I'd bet. If Dustin got the upset, I'm not sure it would be as big a fight.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Which is why I expect him to win. The final nail in the coffin from the MMA Gods on Tony vs Khabib.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The King of Trash said:
https://www.espn.com/mma/ufc/story/_/id/27538140/diaz-masvidal-headline-ufc-244-nov-2

ah shit

I wanna know who pussed out- Colby or Usman, because that fight was pretty much a lock for the main event and within days it fell to pieces.

Just Call Me Dan

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Colby. MMAFighting just posted an article where he basically says he was ready to go and then was offerred the same as any title challenger would receive and he wouldn't accept it. UFC brass said they'd just move on.

Staff member
Reaction score
The guy headlined one of the worst drawing shows (considering location of the show) that they’ve ever done. Hilarious that the guy thinks he’s big shit.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I find it odd then that they didn't offer Masvidal a title fight against Usman or why Kamaru didn't push to be defending his title there. The guy has been radio silent since beating Woodley and people are starting to question whether he has any interest in fighting, figured he'd use this chance to silence the critics.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Kamaru is an Ali client and those guys always seem to get favorable match-ups, undeserved title shots and big paydays. I think he's going to be fine from a business standpoint but the way he dominated Woodley is going to be forgotten by the time his first defense comes around.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jacare moves up to 205, faces Jan Blachowicz in the main event of the Sau Paulo card on Nov 17th. Weird fight considering it was all but assumed that Jan was going to get the next crack at Jones for the LHW belt. I think this means either Jones isn't fighting again this year or he's moving up to HW. Jones said he had a fight announcement coming soon so I think he's up to HW against somebody like Francis or a title fight with Stipe.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Do you guys think Bones goes straight to a title shot if he moves up to HW? I think based on how there are serious tiers within the division plus the fact that even though Ngannou looks like a different guy, the losses to Stipe & Derrick Lewis makes it so a big prize fight can bump JBJ over Ngannou for a rematch.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think the only people who beat Jones at HW are DC, Francis and Stipe. Cormier isn't fighting again this year or maybe never again and IIRC Stipe said he was taking the rest of the year off. Ngannou is a huge fight for Jones but a risky one too, it also might be the only option for him. The rest of the upper-tier of heavyweight guys (Lewis, Volkov, JDS) are all booked up for the rest of the year.

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I don't think Hardy wins, but I am glad that he stepped in for this fight. He needed to start fighting some Top 15 guys. If he loses to Volkov, I don't think it hurts him with how protected he's been .

Gert

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Nate Diaz claimed he isn't fighting Masvidal due to a drug testing issue where he went after UFC, USADA and basically everyone else.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Paulo Costa is out for 8 months with a bicep tear per Dana and they're working on somebody else for Izzy. Yoel tweeted "see you soon boi" at Stylebender but my money would be on Cannonier.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/duhudd/wwe_spinner_belt_being_photoshopped_onto_alberto/

LOLOLOL

From bloodyelbow .com:

"As an added incentive, Ortiz and Del Rio have both announced they’ll be putting their respective belts on the line. If Ortiz wins, he walks out with Del Rio’s WWE title around his waist. And if Del Rio wins, he’ll take Tito Ortiz’s UFC belt home with him"

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Nothing on paper but Darren Till called out Robert Whittaker for the London card in the New Year and Robert has accepted. Great fight, hope it comes together.

Status
Not open for further replies.