Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The All Time NFL Draft II

Beast

Integral Poster
Reaction score
My two last picks would originally be for a punter and returner, but since I have Yale Lary and Gale Sayers I will be picking some backups/fill-ins instead.

First up;

Pete Retzlaff RB/WR/TE
120304-retzlaff.jpg

Bert Bell Award (1965)
5× Pro Bowl Selection (1958, 1960, 1963, 1964, 1965)
Philadelphia Eagles #44
Philadelphia Eagles Honor Roll (1989)

Drafted in the 22nd round by the Detroit Lions, Retzlaff didn't make the team. After serving in the army for two years, he rejoined the Lions in 1956 and was sold to the Philadelphia Eagles, where he spent two seasons as a backup running back. Moved to wide receiver in 1958, the 6-1, 211-pound Retzlaff tied for the league lead in receptions, catching 56 passes for 766 yards and 2 touchdowns.

A starter on the Eagles' 1960 championship team, Retzlaff moved to tight end in 1963. A strong blocker and sure-handed receiver, he won the 1965 Bert Bell Trophy as the NFL's player of the year. He caught 66 passes that season for 1,190 yards and 10 touchdowns.

Vitamin X

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, and on a team with 3 receivers, none of those dudes are good enough to return? Gonna have the slot formation out at all times? I'm going to have to make sure to blitz the shit out of you if I play you.

Also, how does everyone feel about keeping the draft going through the weekend? There's only two more picks to make, we should get that done this weekend and then on Sunday night we can seed and put up the first round match-ups and have them run through the workweek next week. How does that sound?

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think Agent already suggested finishing up tomorrow. And yeah, it would be only 1 pick (unless you're behind right now).

tominator89

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I won't be up at my usual time tomorrow, but I'll be able to make my final pick at some point during the day.

It shouldn't be a big surprise that my next pick will need to be a linebacker.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm good for continuation through the weekend if so desired.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I messed up and didn't take a returner. Screw it. I'll have Fryer do it. Although Walter has done it before

tominator89

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Since a few people made some mistakes on their draft boards, perhaps we could add another round of picks. Maybe we could add some extra picks for offensive/defensive coordinators and a few bench players. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

EDIT: I just looked at the previous draft results and there are a ton of significant players and coaches available.

Fökai

Integral Poster
Reaction score
No offense to anyone, but I think that's a bit unfair to the teams that passed on great players because we had to draft kickers/punters/coaches to fill our roster. I would've drafted four receivers in that case....maybe Fitzgerald, maybe Boldin or Calvin Johnson, who knows...but that's my opinion and it's still up to the mods who are running the draft.

And yeah, I can draft my center today/tonight.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree that we shouldn't have any extra rounds. If you mis-managed your roster, that's your fault (see me missing a punter...)

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
K Josh Brown

josh_brown_1.jpg

Incredibly good accuracy with a huge leg, a big criteria for any kicker in my offense. In his career he has gone 41/59 from 40 yards out (69.5%) and more importantly, 19/30 (63.3%) on FGs over 50 yards. That's including going 6/8 from 50+ last year.

Vitamin X

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah there's still two picks to be made. Front page hasn't been updated to reflect it quite yet. I'll do that, and we'll go with our next two picks as planned through the weekend.

MFer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
291290201.jpg

Chris Hinton

7x Pro Bowler
1x AP 1st team All-Pro (1993)
2x AP 2nd team All-Pro (1985, 1989)

Hinton's a guy who can play on 4 different spots on the O-line. He made Pro Bowls at left tackle, right tackle, and left guard, and he made 1st team all-pro at right guard (which is where I'm gonna play him). Good size at 6'4", 300, and he must be a great athlete to play all those positions at a high level. Also an expert wine connoisseur.

Vitamin X

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Anyways, here's my next pick:
45261671.jpg

CB Sam Madison
Career highlights and awards
4× Pro Bowl selection (1999, 2000, 2001, 2002)
Super Bowl champion (XLII)
Tackles 476
Interceptions 38
Passes Defensed 63
I've got the guy on the right, now I'll get the guy on the left to re-unite one of the most impressive DB tandems in NFL history.

Beast

Integral Poster
Reaction score
1 pick left, 26 total.

That's 5 Monday through Fridays, plus this 1 extra Saturday.

Everyone should have picked 25 by now.

tominator89

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Takeo-Spikes-05-06---Action-Photograph-C11900709.jpeg

Takeo Spikes

Statistics
Tackles 712
Sacks 23.5
Interceptions 15

Career Highlights And Awards
* 2× All-Pro selection (2003, 2004)
* 2× Pro Bowl selection (2003, 2004)

Spikes can play any of the linebacker positions, but I'll put him outside. He's a big guy at 6'2" and 242lbs. There were other guys I considered taking but I felt like a big, versatile linebacker was the way to go.