Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The All Time NFL Draft II

Fökai

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Does everyone PM their writeups to a mod to post later, or are we just posting it?

I'd figure that fair is fair, no one can read the other's strategies, and we just PM all writeups to be posted later, right?

Kageho

@DSookochoff
Reaction score
Youth N Asia said:
at the risk of sounding lazy are we really going to do write ups?

If we aren't, then I'm really pissed because the only reason why I did 3-4 is because I didn't want someone to exploit the fact that besides the two DTs I could've drafted, the rest had all played under a 3-4 defense.

If we don't do the write ups, there's no real point to having to choose 3-4 or strategies or any of that. We simply could've just went "fuck it all" and drafted who we wanted.

Mark Schlereth

Position: G
Height: 6-3 Weight: 282 lbs.
Born: January 25, 1966 in Anchorage, AK
College: Idaho

2-time Pro Bowler

This isn't a "sexy" pick by all stretches of the means. This pick was made because I wanted someone tough on my line that could block and give one hundred percent even while hurt. The man played 12 seasons on a left knee that needed a total of 15 surgeries (wtf?!) and 5 surgeries on his right knee, and had 29 surgeries altogether. I do realize this will likely be pointed on that he gets injuried easily, but the man still played with all his heart and soul and for that I will give him a spot on my roster.

Hunter Smith

Position: P
Height: 6-2
Weight: 209 lbs.
Born: August 9, 1977 in Sherman, TX
College: Notre Dame

You know, I looked at this guy's stats and just thought "meh, this isn't worth drafting." Then the more I thought about how many times he punts versus his average and something suddenly dawned on me. The guy has punted on average 57.7 punts per season. What's that mean? Try 3.6 punts per game. So he punts only 4 times a game. Now think about that for a second. The guy's on one of the great teams in the Colts, so there's going to be a lot of pressure for him to make sure that any drive that does get stalled, he's able to bail out the offense and put the defense into a good position to let them contain the opposing offense. Nevermind that the defense in Indy is always good to mediocre to awful. He puts them in a good field position when he's called upon. I'll take that every single time.