Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The Basketball Game Thread

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
2K is coming, NBA Live is still lol-worthy, see below

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2015/9/18/9354433/lakers-cloned-kristaps-porzingis-in-nba-live-16-tricked-the-knicks

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
i might get this one, since they finally added new classic teams.

http://nba2k16game.com/nba-2k16-classic-teams.html

2K Sports has started revealing classic team details of NBA 2K16 game. Twelve teams revealed were ’07-’08 Boston Celtics, ’12-’13 Miami Heat, ’00-’01 Lakers, ’03-’04 Pistons, 2000 Raptors, 2008 Rockets, ’02-’03 Mavericks, ’99-’00 Trail Blazers, ’04-’05 Phoenix Suns, ’05-’06 Miami Heat, ’06-’07 Cavs & ’03-’04 Timberwolves which are added to the list of classic teams.

I still want the 90's Pacers, Barkley Suns, and Zo/Hardaway Heat, but these will do.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
The 2K trailer has Bosh video bomb

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2570467-chris-boshs-videobombing-skills-are-featured-in-nba-2k16

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Does anyone still play these games on a last-gen console? I'm still on the 360. Haven't bought a game in forever, but was thinking about jumping back in for 2K. Worth it? (I'm generally fine with lower quality graphics if the game play is solid.)

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
Tino Standard said:
Does anyone still play these games on a last-gen console? I'm still on the 360. Haven't bought a game in forever, but was thinking about jumping back in for 2K. Worth it? (I'm generally fine with lower quality graphics if the game play is solid.)

I'm on PS3 and pre-ordered 2K16 (get it Friday). Last edition I had was 2K14 and the gameplay/graphics were fine, but I'm also someone who cares more about gameplay than graphics

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
This is going to sound lame but my favorite basketball game of all time might be NBA Showtime for the Dreamcast.

Rendclaw

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I just watched the first season of 2K16 as played by Chris Smoove.... my god, did it hit on all of the stereotypes of an NBA player... from what Smoove said, you only get to play 8 games out of the first season and the much-vaunted Spike Lee story plays out.

A Happy Medium

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was watching the videos yesterday, leading to the "Money" scene. It's hot garbage, but apparently, you get to just get on with the freaking game in season two. So, that's alright, I guess.

The high school games look like a lot of fun, though. I need to bring a seven footer into that spot. However, I'm not a fan of being a 55 my first season and only having eight games to level up with. As a rookie, you can't win ROTY or make the teams, I'm thinking. Also, you're not allowed to make any choices during this whole silly thing...and everything is NYC this, and NYC that.

Next year, they need to give you different backstory options and decisions that are made that affect the way your career plays out. Or maybe an online co-op career, where you and a friend work your way to starring as rookies on an NBA team.

I just realize I should get back to 2K15's career mode and see where are of that goes.

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I got it for 360 and while its not really any different from last year aside from one new mode and a bit of tinkering I still am enjoying it.

A Happy Medium

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I picked up the game for PS4 and have stayed up way too late playing it. I'm already addicted to MyGM mode for a few reasons. One of them is that they have added in the cap inflating for TV deals. So, you're working with that sweet TV money a year in. However, this meant that I couldn't get LeBron or Durant, as they just reupped for the big bucks.

But you can work on moving a team elsewhere. I hope to move the Orlando Magic to Seattle to do what needs to be done. You actually have to make a stadium and a move that the other owners will vote for, though. So, you have to make some cash by reaching owner goals in order to create a stadium that the league will be happy with. Also, the arena creation is quite in-depth, even making sure to let you find user created ads for the scorer's table. Someone put up a Brazzers logo and I just couldn't not add it. Oh, and there are user created team logos to download, so you can actually make it really feel like you're bringing back the Sonics.

So, while the MyCareer might suck, they've really beefed up MyGM mode.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Judge dismissed a case where a company sought payment for every copyright tattoo on a player - reminds me of WWE having to not use Punk's Pepsi/GI Joe tats

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08/04/judge-dismisses-nba-2k-tattoo-copyright-suit

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
Finally found a way to get NBA Live 2000 to play on my Windows 10 computer. My how I've missed this game