Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The Batman

Reaction score
Robert Pattinson will play Batman

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2019/film/news/robert-pattinson-batman-matt-reeves-bruce-wayne-dc-comics-1203125473/amp/

I dig it

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
He’s good. Shame the twilight stink is going to just bury him to most of the fans.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Third'd. Was totally amazed when I ended up catching Water for Elephants and he outshone Christoph Waltz.

Staff member
Reaction score
Point any denier straight at Good Time and refuse to speak to them until they watch it

Gary

Darker Handcraft
Reaction score
Brooklyn Zoo said:
Firmino of the 909 said:
Point any denier straight at Good Time and refuse to speak to them until they watch it

+1
+2

Also he’s in Christopher Nolan’s next movie so the general public going “oh the dude from ‘Twilight’” could end before this one comes out.

Laz

Reaction score
Doesn't matter. I want Batman baseball.

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Officially official. Hopefully he can salvage this character.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/robert-pattinson-batman-1203230054/

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Word is a three film deal, which is good.

I know they wanted to do a younger, earlier in his career Batman but I read something believing this was another origin. Not good. Anyone who doesn’t know his origin at this point probably won’t be going to see this.

I am still hoping this is the script that has several villains of varying levels of importance.

Epic Springs

Epic Reine
Reaction score
I'm fine with the casting but yeah, please not another origin story. I can tolerate him trying to maneuver being the Dark Knight early in his career when all the kinks haven't been figured out. I want a first-time villain too (or at the very least, a more realistic, dark portrayal of the Penguin).

Staff member
Reaction score
It's gonna be a detective movie with multiple different suspects/villains.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Firmino of the 909 said:
It's gonna be a detective movie with multiple different suspects/villains.

Right. This is what I want and heard rumored. Which opens the door for all levels of his rogues. Just don’t want them spending too much time on origin.

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
batman as more of a detective than a asskicker is exactly what I want. I hope it's the riddler as his main villian tbh (Steve Carrell would be dope). Skip the origin entirely.

Precious Roy

hashtag trashbag
Reaction score
Firmino of the 909 said:

Haven't seen this but I see it's on Prime and it looks cool, needed something to watch later. Necro's in it!

They need to stop rebooting F'n Batman though

Staff member
Reaction score
Amy pats fan said:
Firmino of the 909 said:

Haven't seen this but I see it's on Prime and it looks cool, needed something to watch later. Necro's in it!

They need to stop rebooting F'n Batman though

Yeah you HAVE to watch it.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I am assuming we are going to get hit with some big casting news soon and based on the recent rumors, I am guessing the gross-side of the internet is going to surface with NOT MY whoever the character is.

There was a rumor the other day that they want a woman of color or biracial as Catwoman, specifically citing they were courting Zoe Kravitz (who voiced Catwoman in Lego Batman) but she could not accept due to other commitments - though the source was something called "Heroic Hollywood" so not sure the credibility of the source.

The other rumor to spring from some Hollywood podcast I never heard of and went on to comic book sites is that Reeves' top choice for Commissioner Gordon was Mahershala Ali, though they believe that won't happen now that the actor has committed to Blade in the MCU.

I'd be happy with either of those casting choices if they happened. Curious if this information is coming from anywhere credible in preparation for a big announcement or if it is merely fanboys stirring the pot. We are a couple months away from principle photography starting but I would guess many details about this film will be kept heavily under wraps, even after filming has started.

I am excited for this because if it is the more detective level Batman with several villains woven in as suspects, it could quickly become my favorite Bat-film.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Kevin Smith is claiming The Long Halloween will be the basis for this film

Staff member
Reaction score
https://deadline.com/2019/09/jeffrey-wright-the-batman-warner-bros-1202729441/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Good choice for Gordon.

Dandy

Reaction score
I like Jeffrey Wright. I just reeeeeally wanted Bryan Cranston to play (live action) Gordon. I’m sure it may overshadow the actor playing Bruce but he has been my hope for that role since Oldman finished up.

Lord of The Curry

Integral Poster
Reaction score
The fight choreography for this is being done by the same dude who did the John Wick films so that makes me very happy and very interested in seeing how violent they'll push this.

Laz

Reaction score
This keeps sounding better and better.