TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/TheComixKid/status/1228106429380169728

Looks like shit.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I think this might be the darkest feeling Batman movie yet*. I mean that in the best way possible. I want dark & angsty emotions when I see a Batman trailer. It's not an uplifting property (even though I adore and cherish Adam West's stuff, that's more nostalgia with my Grandparents). So far, in my opinion, the FIRST appearance of each Batman since 89 has been great, it's the follow ups and ability to continue that has been the real bugger, Christian Bale aside (I loved DKR). I think Mr. Pattinson is going to do well.

*not an academic on comic book medium at all and my only knowledge is from the movies I've watched and the discourses I've had online.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
I really like that they seem to be leaning into the 'Detective' aspect with Riddler leaving all of these clues and riddles. It's something they teased a little bit in Batman Forever but never really touched upon otherwise. None of Nolan's movies even tried despite The Dark Knight having an opportunity with Batman trying to locate Joker only to just go, "Fuck it. Lucius, use Sonar technology on everything. I can't do intricate detective work today." The closest part in any of his movies may've actually been the neat ballistics testing scene.

Dandy

Reaction score
I haven’t updated the thread obviously, but there have been a ton of set photos shown since production started back up. Is the consensus that posts of those and discussion about them are to be treated as spoilers or is that fair game?

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I really like that they seem to be leaning into the 'Detective' aspect with Riddler leaving all of these clues and riddles. It's something they teased a little bit in Batman Forever but never really touched upon otherwise. None of Nolan's movies even tried despite The Dark Knight having an opportunity with Batman trying to locate Joker only to just go, "Fuck it. Lucius, use Sonar technology on everything. I can't do intricate detective work today." The closest part in any of his movies may've actually been the neat ballistics testing scene.

One of the only things I sort of liked about Ben Affleck Batman is there is a few scenes where he's actually doing detective work. Seeing The World's Greatest Detective actually doing some detecting would be great.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven’t updated the thread obviously, but there have been a ton of set photos shown since production started back up. Is the consensus that posts of those and discussion about them are to be treated as spoilers or is that fair game?

I think it may vary. If it's a basic picture of Pattinson in the Bat costume, I don't think it's that spoiler-y but if it looks like a specific set or say, Batman beating up Riddler that may spoil a plot beat, that could be spoiler-y.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Getting some real Timmverse vibes from this and I'm digging the hell out of it

Dandy

Reaction score
Viral marketing has started. Nothing spoilery at all. The Riddler has set up a website at www.rataalada.com. He asks you riddles and so far there are promotional materials revealed for correct answers and there is even some hidden stuff as you would expect. If anyone cannot get any of the answers or find the clues, message me.

Make sure to turn on your cookies to enhance the experience and be sure to check the page out more than once.

Dandy

Reaction score
New trailer:

Reaction score
New trailer:

giphy.gif

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
looks great even though pattinson looks a little gaunt for batman in the trailer he otherwise seems great. I'm very into them leaning into Batman as World's Greatest Detective and matching wits with Riddler.

Dandy

Reaction score
Batman in his second year (when this is set) was not a huge muscles specimen. At the :55 mark of that trailer, he looks to be big enough at his height considering everyone reported he was too skinny for the role and wouldn’t work out.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
There seems to be a trend of people cast as Batman that receive negative fan reaction and end up delivering quite well.