Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The Bible Thumpers thread

JN News

Integral Poster
Reaction score
When I was recovering from the trauma of my reality breaks, I found christian television for solitude. I been learning some things about God. However, these bible-thumpers go so far as to say that the reason why 9-11 happened was because of sin, which is bullshit.
What do you guys think about these people?

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
I think they are the absolute worst people. Complete bottom feeders. They prey on people who are desperate for solace and help. The type of preachers who say things like 9/11 is because of sin are evil. They ask for people to send in money and then they turn around and buy themselves private planes and houses. They are hypocrites.

I respect the right to religious beliefs but when it crosses the line into active conjobs it's not religion anymore. Fuck 'em.

JN News

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, for example. There’s Kenneth Copeland & Jesse Duplantis. I saw those two assholes on the news, getting pissed off at reporters and threatening them and shit. They’ll end up getting God’s judgement, eventually.

Gary

Darker Handcraft
Reaction score
I think they suck, and I also feel like this is a thread that's more fit for the CE folder.

Dandy

Reaction score
I am a Christian (lifelong Presbyterian)and have been a Deacon at my church; turned down being an Elder on three occasions due to time constraints; and am very involved with community outreach and other things within the church.

The evangelists; the “Christian Right;” the Fundamentalists; groups like Westboro Baptist Church; and the list goes on and on; are horrible wretched individuals and collective groups that do insurmountable damage to the Christian religion. They are very similar to the extremists from other religions (Muslim mainly) that they speak out so strongly against. Muslims are not bad; Christians are not bad; extremists from both can make their respective religions looked at as something people would never consider following. And that is a horrible thing.

Doing something or saying something abhorrent under the guise of doing it “in God’s name” or “in the name of Jesus Christ” makes me sick. They are turning off non-Christians or people that are Christians but are questioning their beliefs. They do more than give Christians a bad name also; they are going directly against God by saying they are doing things in the name of God. I would much rather support an atheist than a false Christian.

My God loves all his children. He loves straight, gay, transgender, and any types of sexual orientation there can be. He loves light skin, dark skin, and any shades there could ever be. He loves all humans no matter their religious beliefs. He thinks we should all love each other and help each other. He loves the poor. He wants the poor to get help. He wants the rich to help the poor.

I am not trying to get on a soapbox. Christians and Muslims get bad raps because of the wrong “Christians” and “Muslims.” They are the loudest and most visible. I would just like to let everyone know that you should not let the acts of those horrible, hypocritical, ungodly wretches deter you from exploring your own religious beliefs. You may still not gravitate toward a religion, but that is your personal decision. As long as we are all being good to each other and trying to make the world a better place, we are doing our parts.

JN News

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Dandy is right on the money. These people call themselves true Christians. Yet, they take advantage of the weak just to further their agendas. It’s sickening.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
Thought we finally got a Christian movie thread. Or at least a Kevin Sorbo thread. God's Not Dead is some good stuff, man.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Dandy

Reaction score
Very Christian of them to be so dismissive of sexual assault victims.
Very long read but I encourage everyone to read this. Disgusting.