Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The Biden Presidency Vol. 1

Spaceman Spiff

Integral Poster
Reaction score

A federal judge in Washington, DC, on Friday allowed the Biden administration's revised eviction moratorium to remain in place, but acknowledged the moratorium faces an uncertain legal future.
US District Judge Dabney Friedrich denied a request from various landlord associations that she block the moratorium.
CDC eviction moratorium survives 1 challenge so far.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
That tracks for me. So far, each successive Democrat president has both "sucked," and been the best president of my lifetime; no reason to think that Biden wasn't going to continue that trend.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Megan McCain said that Biden is "Jimmy Carter on acid." 1) I'm not sure that's a bad thing. 2) Wasn't that basically Reagan's campaign slogan in 1980?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
New York Times: Biden should adjust how he grieves over his dead son to better relate to his constituents.

Uh, certainly coming in hot with that take, NYT.

(Honestly, the way Biden talked about his sons was main reason why I did end up deciding to vote for him instead of Howie Hawkins. Call it a foolish reason but at least I voted for the centrist, Slim and Snuffy!)

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I was never fully behind Howie Hawkins, just on the fence between him and Biden but Biden's sense of decency and my antipathy towards alliteration is what swung it. That and the overwhelming sense of shame over being a not one but two time Jill Stein voter. Your guilting worked on at least one voter, liberals. :(

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
New York Times: Biden should adjust how he grieves over his dead son to better relate to his constituents.

Uh, certainly coming in hot with that take, NYT.
Biden should totally consider showing less empathy, in order to win the sociopath vote.

(Honestly, the way Biden talked about his sons was main reason why I did end up deciding to vote for him instead of Howie Hawkins. Call it a foolish reason but at least I voted for the centrist, Slim and Snuffy!)

One of the things I appreciate about this message board is that it helps me maintain perspective. Only on the internet does anyone think of me as a centrist: I'm not only the most progressive person that I know in real life, I'm the most progressive person that anyone who knows me knows, in real life.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's scary how like---a solid third if not much much more of the country has completely and deliberately lost their sense of empathy and is proud of that fact. That's something that's lost and is damn near impossible to get back.

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Only on the internet does anyone think of me as a centrist: I'm not only the most progressive person that I know in real life, I'm the most progressive person that anyone who knows me knows, in real life.
This demonstrates both how ridiculously to the right American politics have been pulled since Nixon AND horseshoe theory.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's scary how like---a solid third if not much much more of the country has completely and deliberately lost their sense of empathy and is proud of that fact. That's something that's lost and is damn near impossible to get back.

I think that's an, ahem, conservative estimate.

Lazgistics Supervisor

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
This is what happens when everything becomes an "us vs. them" issue. The polarization of American politics comes in cycles, but this one has been heating up since the Civil Rights Movement and is barely about different issues.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Man, the way Biden talked about both of his sons was like the only good thing he did while campaigning.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Can one of TSM's legal beagles confirm whether or not this is something that Uncle Joe can even do? Seems kind of overreaching tbh.

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
Can one of TSM's legal beagles confirm whether or not this is something that Uncle Joe can even do? Seems kind of overreaching tbh.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
They've required certain vaccines in schools for years. Not sure why they couldn't do the same in workplaces. The Pfizer vaccine getting full approval opens this up.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'm sure there will be all kinds of memes about how it's illegal, etc. Of course it's legal, fairly normal, and it's the right thing to do. The vaccines should've been mandatory since they became readily available back around May.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
So, just spitballing here, but if Republicans want to take this to court and are looking for a legal precedent to argue as the basis for individuals’ body autonomy, wouldn’t that precedent be…Roe v. Wade?