Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The Biden Presidency Vol. 1

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It's a new day in America. Joe Biden has finally become POTUS. Just a little lot later than originally expected. DACA has been restored, Keystone Pipeline has been canceled, and Trump is finally gone (hopefully for good). Discuss the first days and months of Uncle Joe's administration.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Have to give props to ((Republican) Garth Brooks for appearing today. He's supported LGBTQ issues in the past as well as other progressive ideas. He's already getting threats from his conservative fan base for appearing. Just thought that was admirable.

And yes I'm relieved and psyched at the same time for this!

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Idk why everyone has forgotten that Garth also appeared at Obama's inauguration in 2009.

Previous to Trump, I feel like most entertainers would have accepted the invite to inauguration, regardless of political beliefs. Hopefully, today is the first step towards reforming the bile filled political discourse of the past 15 or so years. Even though I know it was entirely done for politically advantageous reasons and not because he was genuinely contrite, it is nice to see Mitch McConnell extend an olive branch. I'm cautiously optimistic that Republican leadership won't be as obstructive to Joe as they were to Obama. I'm not sure the reason white though.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Idk why everyone has forgotten that Garth also appeared at Obama's inauguration in 2009.

Previous to Trump, I feel like most entertainers would have accepted the invite to inauguration, regardless of political beliefs. Hopefully, today is the first step towards reforming the bile filled political discourse of the past 15 or so years. Even though I know it was entirely done for politically advantageous reasons and not because he was genuinely contrite, it is nice to see Mitch McConnell extend an olive branch. I'm cautiously optimistic that Republican leadership won't be as obstructive to Joe as they were to Obama. I'm not sure the reason white though.

It is qwhite the conundrum, isn't it?

Staff member
Reaction score
The GOP is very likely to lose two-three senate seats in 2022 should they not have something to point at as an accomplishment, and it is also very likely that Biden will be popular as a result of overseeing the reopening of the country. In PA, WI, and NC, it is likely they will have to make some claim of having worked with the president. So they do have extra incentive to not be pieces of shit for once.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Biden's job is basically going to be to pull an LBJ out of nowhere and do a bunch of shit nobody possibly thought could be done, especially by him. But that being said nobody thought LBJ would do any of the shit he did.
That's a good comparison. Biden, especially with his decades of relationship-building and knowledge of the senate, is probably the only person with any chance of doing what Johnson did. And he probably won't fuck it all up in some goddam jungle either.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Some people self-identify as "queer;" it's one of two meanings for the "q" in LGBTQ.

I'll be surprised if Biden doesn't reverse that quickly as well.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
It hasn’t hit me yet. I know life isn’t going to do a compete turnaround for everyone, and problems are fixed. But, goddamn it’ll be nice to have an adult running things again. Won’t have to hear about how the president called the prime minister of India an ugly dumb bitch or something on Twitter (with typos pointed out).

Fair amount of bullshit to undo right now.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It hasn’t hit me yet. I know life isn’t going to do a compete turnaround for everyone, and problems are fixed. But, goddamn it’ll be nice to have an adult running things again. Won’t have to hear about how the president called the prime minister of India an ugly dumb bitch or something on Twitter (with typos pointed out).

Fair amount of bullshit to undo right now.
Well, some of that bullshit was undone with the seventeen executive orders Biden is signing today.

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
41hxv0ik0jc61.jpg

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
I don't like Biden. I don't like Harris. I think tried-and-true Democrats are elitist, corporatist pricks whose alleged dedication to social issues is little more than a front to stay relevant with younger potential voters. I think neoliberalism is a fucking disease, and any leader who doesn't work toward reinstating key elements of the New Deal is out of touch with the actual needs and desires of the common American citizen.

That all said, holy FUUUUUUUUCK am I already glad that steps are being taken by the Biden administration, after only a few hours of truly existing, to right many of these wrongs. I'm cautiously optimistic about these next four years. At the very least, I'm with YNA: at least we have a fucking adult in there again.