Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The Biden Presidency Vol. 1

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
:: sighs ::

Welp, at the end of the day, he's still a politician; ain't none of them "good." Better than the alternative is a bar that's so low, it's in hell, but that's where we are.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
...which is where a lot of people said we'd be, but yes, I agree that basic competency is better than jaw-dropping cartoon evil.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
After Clinton, I don't think we will ever have a POTUS that someone doesn't try to impeach. Honestly, I'm amazed it's taken almost nine months.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like Biden's wanting to move towards ending the filibuster but juggling the large picture balance.

“We’re going to have to move to the point where we fundamentally alter the filibuster,” the president said.

At a CNN town hall in Baltimore on Thursday night, Biden hedged on how far any reform would go. “That remains to be seen,” he said, “in terms of fundamentally altering it or whether or not we just end the filibuster straight up.”

Asked by the moderator Anderson Cooper whether he would consider ending the filibuster on the issue of voting rights alone, Biden replied: “And maybe more.”

Biden told the CNN town hall that entering into the hornet’s nest of the filibuster at this moment could make it harder for him to pass other pieces of signature legislation. “I lose at least three votes right now to get what I have to get done on the economic side of the equation, the foreign policy side of the equation.”

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6
I can see someone with a simplified world view blaming Biden for the gas prices/inflation in general, and in perhaps an equally big issue, we thought the vax was going to open up the world to us again in June, only for the weakness of the vax to come out, which led to the Return of the Masks, and more pushes for a shot in the arm that many were leery to get to start with (which is now up to 4).

And if I clicked a link here or there I might even learn what the actual stated shortcomings are....

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It wasn't the weakness of the vaccine.. It was the Christian death cult that never believed in the masks or vaccines in the first place that has caused the virus to stick around.

Spaceman Spiff

Integral Poster
Reaction score
You could also make the argument that Biden was getting high marks/approval for his handling of Covid, so conservative media outlets & pundits decided they needed to reverse that trend by leaning hard into anti-vax propaganda.

Last edited:

cobainwasmurdered

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The media fucked him with Afghanistan, that's when it turned around. He dared to end a never-ending war and that fucked with too many vested interests. There are many many reasons to have issues with Biden but most of them have to do with the Democrat Party and his inability to get them to do anything. Some of that is just math and some he does have to take blame for because he's the boss.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
You mean a career politician that put people behind bars and fought against their release after admitting she, too, did the same exact things is a bad person?

Weird. Almost like all those people who said she was awful during the primaries had a point.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Good for Justice Department for breaking this blatant attempt to keep Texas a red state
"Texas has had to defend its maps in court after every redistricting process since the Voting Rights Act took effect in 1965, but this will be the first since a 2013 U.S. Supreme Court ruling gutted a provision of the Voting Rights Act that had required Texas and other states with a history of racial discrimination to have the Justice Department approve the maps.

It remains illegal for mapmakers to discriminate on the basis of race while drawing legislative lines. Additionally, Section 2 of the Voting Rights Act prohibits line-drawers from diluting the voting power of minorities by scattering them among districts and preventing them from choosing their preferred candidates.

That’s what the lawsuit alleges Texas Republicans did."

Staff member
Reaction score
The problem with this administration is that both parties of elected officials are too aligned on core financial beliefs. When Democrats tell you that they're going to do something to help people financially, and then they don't do it, I'm not sure how else one can appraise the situation. One is willing to buck the social order and the other is not, which serves as passive acquiescence to the GOP's fucked up moral value system. They keep chipping away while Democrats do nothing to claw anything back from the ledge.

It is extremely difficult for me to ever imagine this aspect of the country actually changing, as a result we are stuck in a downward spiral until we hit the bottom (if there even is one). It also says a lot that many of Trump's more drastic moves have not been overturned. Their fucked up immigration policy obviously being a primary example. It's like the DNC wanted to do some of these things but wasn't willing to burn through political capital to do them. Now that they're done, who cares right?

Last edited:
Reaction score
“the squad” was right and Joe Manchin is a flaming pile of shit. Nothing is going to change in this country with shameless Joes in power.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
“the squad” was right and Joe Manchin is a flaming pile of shit. Nothing is going to change in this country with shameless Joes in power.
The worst part is that the Democrats tried to work hard with Manchin to get his vote and he's just like, "I cannot vote to continue with this piece of legislation,” Mr. Manchin said on “Fox News Sunday,” citing concerns about adding to the national debt. “I’ve tried everything humanly possible. I can’t get there. This is a no.”

His objections forced the White House to substantially curtail the scope of the package and remove certain pieces, including the creation of a clean electricity program and a plan to ban new oil drilling off the Atlantic and Pacific coasts.

“We’ve been dealing with Mr. Manchin for month after month after month,” Bernie Sanders added, speaking on CNN’s “State of the Union.” “But if he doesn’t have the courage to do the right thing for the working families of West Virginia and America, let him vote no (on the Senate Floor) in front of the whole world.”

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Let's appreciate the rich hubris of Joe Manchin, the guy who says he's trying to avoid nasty partisan politics, making infrastructure (the issue that everyone once thought was immune to becoming part of nasty partisan politics) nasty and partisan. Or not.

I'm finding it really really really hard not to just to spit out "Those rural red state voters don't know what's good for themselves." like the coastal leftist I am. Except I just did. :confused:

Dandy

Reaction score
There are definitely a majority of people in WV that are in the Leopards Ate My Face Party (r/leopardsatemyface for reference).