cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
nothing new this season so far really standing out although God of Highschool has potential to be a cool shonen fighting show as it develops but those shows take time to really get going.

Only other (non sequel) show standing out is Misfit of Demon Academy (something like that) which isn't that great or anything but I kind of have a soft spot for shows where the protagonist is so insanely overpowered that it's comical.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to see a Season 2 of Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S as the original director passed away in the arson attack. Kyoto will be doing the animation with a release date sometime in 2021.

3620d589db3f62bac0f4a900385ef5321597073059_main.jpg

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
a shit ton of this seasons new shows dropped today. There looks to be more shows this season that are interesting than there have been in a while. Lot of fantasy type shows (and of course at least two Isekai types) including the third season of "Is it wrong to...".

Also a brand new season of "When they cry" for HQ to watch in the wrong order!

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
watch more shows this season than i have ina long time
I'm Standing on a Million Lives, Akudama Dribe, Is it wrong III, Sorcery Fight, Our Last Crusade, King's Raid, The Bears Bear a Bear Kuma, Magatsu Wahrheit Zuerst, Munou na Nana, Noblesse, Warlords of of Sigdriffa, Moriarty the Patriot, Higurashi 3.

Several of them I don't know if I will keep going but there are a few that are really good so far. Sorcery Fight and Akudama Drive I would single out as the most interesting of the new shows.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score

is actually the standout new show. A bunch of teenagers on an island school who think theyre being taught to save the world but in reality one of them is actually killing them off.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
I have not started it yet but the new AND FINAL season of Attack on Titan started yesterday and it crashed multiple anime streaming sites which is something no other show has done AFAIK except for Dragon Ball Super. That's CRAZY. I think the quality of the show has dropped a little (it's a hard thing to keep the quality of that first season though) but I am still super excited to see how this ends.

I also decided to sub up to HIDIVE.com as its one of the big anime streaming sites I haven't really used (I think I hada 7 day trial way back when it first started years ago) and I got a deal on it. It's got a few thins I haven't watched before and it also has two of my alltime favourite shows which I know I've mentioned to @Brooklyn Zoo before. Azumanga Daoih and WATAMOTE~

I'm rewatching Watamote now for probably the third or fourth time and it's still that perfect mix of hilarious and incredibly painful "oh god i've been there" high school experience.

Reaction score
I have not started it yet but the new AND FINAL season of Attack on Titan started yesterday and it crashed multiple anime streaming sites which is something no other show has done AFAIK except for Dragon Ball Super. That's CRAZY. I think the quality of the show has dropped a little (it's a hard thing to keep the quality of that first season though) but I am still super excited to see how this ends.

I also decided to sub up to HIDIVE.com as its one of the big anime streaming sites I haven't really used (I think I hada 7 day trial way back when it first started years ago) and I got a deal on it. It's got a few thins I haven't watched before and it also has two of my alltime favourite shows which I know I've mentioned to @Brooklyn Zoo before. Azumanga Daoih and WATAMOTE~

I'm rewatching Watamote now for probably the third or fourth time and it's still that perfect mix of hilarious and incredibly painful "oh god i've been there" high school experience.

have Azumanga Daoih on my list and would put Watamote but I think I just saw a big spoiler cause of fucking google questions.

We are up to episode 7 of Jujutsu Kaisen. It’s dope. Originally, I waited till it was on HBO Max in dubs (I know, like subs too!) but after episode 3 (weekly dubs) we were like fuck it, and are binging the rest on Crunchyroll.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
A little surprised Attack on Titan is only going 4 seasons but I'm also used to American shit going on for like 3 seasons too long so yeah...

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score

This is a pretty huge deal. 1.2 Billion is a huge amount of money for anime. This could be really good or end up stiffling. I'm glad I won't have to pay for multiple services and my new tv only gets the funimation app so if they add all the CRoll library to it that's a win for me.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score

This is a pretty huge deal. 1.2 Billion is a huge amount of money for anime. This could be really good or end up stiffling. I'm glad I won't have to pay for multiple services and my new tv only gets the funimation app so if they add all the CRoll library to it that's a win for me.
I'll be curious how this goes. I don't mind Funimation but I find it clunkier/slower to stream compared to Crunchyroll and I liked Crunchyroll's library more usually.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
"My god I never thought I'd hear that music here!"

Everyone looks to Goku and Luffy for leadership but they're passed out from food comas.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
watched the first 5 episodes of the final season of attack on titan and holy shit its fantastic. I know @Brooklyn Zoo had said to me he's lost some of his interest in the show but I highly highly reccomend getting back into it.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
This season is pretty well underway now. Including stuff from previous seasons I have 12 shows I'm watching right now. There's a couple others I plan to watch later as well.

Of these 12 three are "Isekei anime" a genre that seems to really be taking over the last few years.
So I'm a Spider, So What?
Mushoku Tensai: Jobless Reincarnation
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime 2

Of these, "Spider" is the most fun. A bunch of students die and all get reincarnated as powerful humans except for (so far at least) one who ends up a small spider monster.

Shows that have been going for awhile (as well as slime)
Black Clover
Sorcery Fight
Attack on Titan Final Season
World Trigger Season 2

World Trigger is only ok but the others are all great. Black Clover took a while to get going and has some filler but if you love your DBZ/Naruto etc type stuff it is worth getting into, looking at @Brooklyn Zoo here not sure if he's tried it. I know he's into Sorcery Fight which is just terrific and wonderfully animated. AOT shouldn't need to even be praised but if for some reason anyone has dropped it you should pick it back up because this last season is CRAZY.

The rest of the stuff I'm watching
Horimiya
Bottom-Tier Character Tomozaki
The Hidden Dungeon Only I Can Enter
Suppose A Kid From The Last Dungeon Boonies Moved To A Starter Town?
SK8

Horimiya and BTCT are basically RomComs/SliceofLife. HD is a dumb harem show KOAB would have loved. Suppose...well it pretty much tells you. SK8 is about a bunch of dudes taking part in illegal extreme skateboarding contests with all kinds of crazy gimmicks and its pretty hilarious. One dude dresses up like a matador and is constantly yelling about giving people LOVE HUGS while tangoing on his skateboard.

Reaction score

@Brooklyn Zoo

lol Cena

lol. If the subliminal messaging is legit, I do think a crossover makes sense. All Might and Cena are the closest we’ll get to a Mega Powers in this generation.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Screenshot_2021-02-15_19-41-15.png

I'm not sure what's worse. The original tweet or the fact that it's trending.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
No idea bz but i assume funimation will do it like they do all their other big animes and air dubbed episodes as quickly as they can after.

Sorcery Fight ended it's season today too. Hope it comes back soon because it was fantastic. Black Clover is also ending this week for a while so there's some pretty big stuff going down in the Shonen world.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Started up I Couldn't Be a Hero, So I Reluctantly Decided to Get a Job in the hopes it's like Devil Is a Part-Timer.

More importantly though, Zombie Land Saga: Revenge has started up!

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
Watched a few eps of stuff this season. Here's what I'm trying:

Boku no Hero Academia 5th Season
Edens Zero (By the same guy who did Fairy Tail and has a lot of the same character designs. @HarleyQuinn will love this)
Godzilla: S.P (bit of a slow burn but this is the best godzilla animation I've seen)
Don't Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro
How Not to Summon a Demon Lord Season 2
Full Dive: This Ultimate Next-Gen Full Dive RPG Is Even Shittier than Real Life!
Combatants Will Be Dispatched!
Shaman King (2021)
I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level
SSSS.Dynazenon (by the Trigger anime studio and part of the same anime universe as Gridman)
The World Ends With You The Animation
Tokyo Revengers

Tokyo Revenegers and of course My Hero look the most interesting so far. "Combatants!" is funny but a bit fan servicy. Nothing else really standing out so far although Edens and Godzilla have potential.