Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The Chicken Challenge.

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I eat there around once a month. I am eventually going to get to chicken tenders and stuff, but it so happens that I really want a damn sandwich every day I go

I didn’t mind getting the wrong food because I LOVE fried shrimp.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
AA484 said:
Firmino of the 909 said:
The motherfuckers gave me the wrong food but I ate it anyway because I was five miles down the road. So, no chicken challenge today.

The shrimp was fucking bomb though

Lol, what's the sandwich? I looked at their website menu but the page was being fucky and wouldn't display right.

Edit: Oh man, this looks good
https://verysmartbrothas.theroot.com/guys-um-its-true-popeyes-has-the-best-fast-food-frie-1837172221

909, have you ever had Chick-Fil-A? They don't have too many restaurants outside of the southeast and mid-atlantic. Apart from their uber-religious rightwing ownership they have pretty good food and the service is good. Orders are hardly ever fucked up.

For the longest time there was only one Chik-Fil-A in a mall out here. Then about fifteen years back they opened a ton.

I used their mobile app to order on my way home one night recently. Then I hit traffic and they started calling me asking where I was. See if they serve me again...

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
There's a Chick-Fil-A on one of the main highways through the city. During the lunch rush the drive through line backs up way into the street and holds up traffic. What's wrong with people.

Hawk 34

Integral Poster
Reaction score
And that line will clear faster than a KFC at 1/4 of the line length. You never really wait at a chick fil a.

SFH

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Hawk 34 said:
And that line will clear faster than a KFC at 1/4 of the line length. You never really wait at a chick fil a.
True story.

Spend less time waiting on God's chicken than you do waiting in Purgatory.

geniusMoment

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
Fuck Chick-Fil-A. I don't care if they have the best chicken in the world. Plan on going my whole life without stepping foot in one.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I used to not go to Chik-Fil-A based on the anti-gay stuff then my old lesbian roommate used to look to go all the he time. She had her justifications and her telling me those and not fading away Back to the Future style, I went again.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
Chick-Fil-A is the only food on campus this summer, so I've went a few times this year. ‾\_(ツ)_/‾

Staff member
Reaction score
POPEYE'S CLASSIC CHICKEN SANDWICH

IMG_6913.jpg

Price: $6.99 combo with one side and a drink. You can't beat that.

Eaten: I didn't see the point of uploading a picture because the ad and this one are exactly how it looks. The sauce is mayo, the pickles are a cut pickle and not some pre-sliced garbage. One of the best pickles ever.

Summarization: I was going to get the spicy, but my dryer busted and I had to spend a lot of time at a laundromat today. Not worth the risk. Anyway, this right here is the best chicken sandwich I have ever eaten. The only reason I'm not giving it a 10 is because I strongly believe the spicy one will be better. The crunch on the chicken is goddamn amazing. It's thick, a huge piece of steroid chicken the likes of which I cannot even describe. The bun isn't bad either, it's soft and easy to throw down. There's a lot of mayo, but when chicken is that good and that thick, and when it's on a sandwich, you need something. Popeye's fries are their best side that I've had, but these ones were bland and sad. That won't factor into my rating.

Shit Factor: I did have to take a shit while at the laundromat, but that was more because I ate a lot of fiber this morning. No burn, no destruction. This was a truly wonderful sandwich.

Rating: 9/10

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Firmino of the 909 said:
POPEYE'S CLASSIC CHICKEN SANDWICH

IMG_6913.jpg

Price: $6.99 combo with one side and a drink. You can't beat that.

Eaten: I didn't see the point of uploading a picture because the ad and this one are exactly how it looks. The sauce is mayo, the pickles are a cut pickle and not some pre-sliced garbage. One of the best pickles ever.

Summarization: I was going to get the spicy, but my dryer busted and I had to spend a lot of time at a laundromat today. Not worth the risk. Anyway, this right here is the best chicken sandwich I have ever eaten. The only reason I'm not giving it a 10 is because I strongly believe the spicy one will be better. The crunch on the chicken is goddamn amazing. It's thick, a huge piece of steroid chicken the likes of which I cannot even describe. The bun isn't bad either, it's soft and easy to throw down. There's a lot of mayo, but when chicken is that good and that thick, and when it's on a sandwich, you need something. Popeye's fries are their best side that I've had, but these ones were bland and sad. That won't factor into my rating.

Shit Factor: I did have to take a shit while at the laundromat, but that was more because I ate a lot of fiber this morning. No burn, no destruction. This was a truly wonderful sandwich.

Rating: 9/10

Yeah, I got garbage tonight and should have gotten the spicy sandwich. F all that mayo, though. I'd rather have ranch or bleu cheese.

fazzle

Integral Poster
Reaction score
AA484 said:
909, have you ever had Chick-Fil-A? They don't have too many restaurants outside of the southeast and mid-atlantic. Apart from their uber-religious rightwing ownership they have pretty good food and the service is good. Orders are hardly ever fucked up.

Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of CFA. Their breakfast is fucking great, but their regular chicken sandwiches are always too damn dry for me. I'm gonna try to get the Popeye's one this weekend.

Staff member
Reaction score
The craze around this sandwich is unreal. I'm going to take the chicken challenge again on Sunday, but I MUST HAVE ANOTHER ONE OF THESE NEXT WEEK.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Firmino of the 909 said:
The craze around this sandwich is unreal. I'm going to take the chicken challenge again on Sunday, but I MUST HAVE ANOTHER ONE OF THESE NEXT WEEK.

You're getting spicy one this time, right?

Staff member
Reaction score
THE CHICKEN CHALLENGE IS NOT DEAD I HAVE TWO TO POST IN HERE TODAY

Staff member
Reaction score
HART'S ORANGE CHICKEN

AGZrTCF.jpg

184fb0b3-0091-4441-9aac-d1b25892b1a5_1.dc82243b5f3a62c27d36f27bbb047514.jpeg

Price: So I was at the fucking store a few weeks ago, and I saw some of this on sale for 3 bucks. 3 bucks for Chinese food? I knew exactly what I was getting when I bought this, but it was cheap. Anyway I ate this after watching football week 1 and couldn't compel myself to post this until now.

Eaten: It's Chinese food, so over rice. You fry that shit and put it on the plate yourself. It's bagged, freezer "chicken".

Summarization: Look, if you pay 3 dollars for chicken, you know exactly what you're getting. There were some things I did not expect though. I did not expect it to taste like there was literally nothing inside of these. This tasted like I was eating breading and nothing else. Secondly, the "orange" sauce wasn't very orange at all, it was gross. Tasted like syrup.

Shit Factor: Oh you better believe my asshole ripped straight out.

Rating: 3/10

Staff member
Reaction score
[size=36pt]CHICK FIL-A CHICKEN STRIPS[/size]

DPLDQzIVQAAUyb2.jpg

Price: $8.07 for a three piece combo.

Eaten: In my car.

Summarization: I definitely have some complaints. As good as these were, and they were quite good, there's a size issue. Three pieces isn't enough because these things are TINY. Each strip at Raising Cane's is around twice the size of each of these. Because they're small, you probably need to get the four piece in order to feel satisfied, but these were good. Good crunch, good taste, not big enough. The thing is, the sauce. Everyone knows the value of Chick-fil-A sauce, and if you don't you're missing out. The sauce enhances their food a very great deal. The tea is good too.

Rating: 7/10. Look, these were good, but size absolutely does matter. When I feel like I can eat the entire strip in one go if I really want to, I don't think that's okay. These were mad small.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
I need to know about those Panda Express chicken strips. Those pencilled in yet?

Staff member
Reaction score
Baby Shoes said:
I need to know about those Panda Express chicken strips. Those pencilled in yet?

I gotta have them. Soon I think.

Baby Shoes

Baby Shoes
Reaction score
Sounds awesome.

Hoping you hit up some breastaurants too. Maybe we can get some advice from the main man Steven the Fat Mac.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Representing Blacks Without Soul since 1975
Reaction score
Firmino of the 909 said:
HART'S ORANGE CHICKEN

Price: So I was at the fucking store a few weeks ago, and I saw some of this on sale for 3 bucks. 3 bucks for Chinese food? I knew exactly what I was getting when I bought this, but it was cheap. Anyway I ate this after watching football week 1 and couldn't compel myself to post this until now.

Eaten: It's Chinese food, so over rice. You fry that shit and put it on the plate yourself. It's bagged, freezer "chicken".

Summarization: Look, if you pay 3 dollars for chicken, you know exactly what you're getting. There were some things I did not expect though. I did not expect it to taste like there was literally nothing inside of these. This tasted like I was eating breading and nothing else. Secondly, the "orange" sauce wasn't very orange at all, it was gross. Tasted like syrup.

Stick with Trader Joe's, next time.

muzzington

Queen Elizabeth Look-alike
Reaction score
Is Honey Chicken popular in the states? I always hear about Orange Chicken and it's just not a thing here but Honey Chicken is at every place.

Staff member
Reaction score
muzzington said:
Is Honey Chicken popular in the states? I always hear about Orange Chicken and it's just not a thing here but Honey Chicken is at every place.

I would say not really.

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Firmino of the 909 said:
HART'S ORANGE CHICKEN

AGZrTCF.jpg

184fb0b3-0091-4441-9aac-d1b25892b1a5_1.dc82243b5f3a62c27d36f27bbb047514.jpeg

You need to get that frozen Trader Joe's Mandarin Orange Chicken.

Staff member
Reaction score
Y'all probably thought I forgot, and I didn't forget, I just haven't been eating chicken. Was saving the comeback for one moment.

POPEYE'S SPICY CHICKEN SANDWICH

12889255_web1_web-ax206_57b8_9.jpg

Price: 7.99 combo. You probably know the drill.

Eaten: Bro, they put way more spicy mayo than this. My sandwich was drenched. I also got a pumpkin pie and ate it cause I had been doing shit all day and was super tired. The pie is like a 9/10 pie.

Summarization: This is where I have an admission. I ate one of these two weeks ago, but it was so soggy and there was such a lack of spice that I didn't want to review it. I knew I got a shitty one and was gonna bide my time. Now this thing, man. What do you even say. The bun is magical, the crunch on the chicken is something that you dream of. They aren't lying about the sandwich being spicy either. These sandwiches are so good that you really can't say anything, you just have to recommend that people at one. I do not know how this sandwich will ever be topped. This shit is like if God himself made a sandwich.

Rating: 10/10

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
@909 , brother, how far are you from Pasadena? You should make the trip.