Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

The Comic Shop; Marvel, DC, Image, classics, Manga etc

cobainwasmurdered

Waiting for Kamala to honour bets since June 2020
Staff member
Reaction score
dudebros on twitter who can't handle more than one Wolverine and still calling Laura X-23 are so weird.
E5okwEtVoAE1VyQ

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
really love SWORD and between that and what I think is the final issue of XFactor ("mom? MOMMY?!") some huge fucking shit going down.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
Saga is coming up on their 3 year hiatus anniversary. Weird to think that a book this acclaimed, and popular has still been down this whole time. Allegedly scheduled for 108 issues, and they left off at 54.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
oh wow has it been that long? I geuss he just has so many other commitments? I do feel like the quality of the series dropped off a little as it went on but it really is a fantastic series so I hope he gets back to it.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
i'm legit shocked this is finally happening. I'm hopeful about this being good. It's one of the alltime GOAT comics. I'm curious how it handles certain issues that weren't really on the radar in a major way when the comic was originally written such as transgender, which are potential landmines.

Youth N Asia

Boners, and farts.
Reaction score
I had seen a bullshit teaser recently with no footage. I was skeptical. Kinda like with the Deadwood movie, wasn’t believing it was happening until I actually saw footage.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score

I haven't really kept up with DC in years although I do try to read the Bat family books but even those I'm way way behind on.

I'm not huge on changing established characters sexuality usually but this isn't like when Marvel made Iceman gay (and were especially lazy about it). I'd have to read the particular issues but it seems a lot better done and more interesting.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Been absolutely loving the Harley Quinn: The Animated Series comic series. That's all :)

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
Doom Patrol is still solid but not as great as that first season was where it was just a great oddball show.

tekcop

TSM's Finest
Staff member
Reaction score
new-teen-titans-39-970.jpg

760aaac7501614e57a0846fd439c54f2_b4283aad3111f5cf410766ae3b799271.jpg

After Kirby, Perez is who I think of when I think of super hero comic book artists.

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score

cobainwasmurdered

Staff member
Reaction score
Decided to try and get back into DC by reading the latest big event/continuity reboot (which they do way way too often) with the Infinite Frontiers into Justice League Incarnate into Dark Crisis which lead me to go, "Oh this is intriguing"...."Oh this might not be good afterall" back to "Oh this might be good again!" (with the death of the justice league issue to start Dark Crisis) and finally "I probably could have just read a summary of those 1000 pages of comics".

I think I'll give some stuff a try going forward but this didn't do much for my enthusiasm. They seem to be pushing the new versions of characters even harder than Marvel does which does very little for me. I like that stuff when it makes sense and is a good story (Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle, Kamala Khan Ms Marvel) but way too often it feels like it's being forced by marketing (muslim green lantern who gets accused of being a terrorist!)

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
So I'm one title away from completing IDW's Ghostbusters run (the Transformers crossover), and...wow. I have faith in the Jason Reitman/Gil Kenan team for the movies/TV aspect of the franchise, but Erik Burnham clearly gets it across the board. Each iteration, how they talk, ways to bridge the different versions of the team across different titles, etc. His work on playing the IDW prime team against their RGB counterparts via Get Real!, the best way to make the Answer the Call team work, and even fleshing out the oft-ignored team introduced in the Sanctum of Slime game during the IDW 20/20 series was pitch perfect.

When the strikes end and they can move forward with the Netflix animated series? He'd be just as good a main writer as J. Michael Straczynzki.