Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

THE DIVISION

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
So should this just be the Division thread?

I'm really liking it so far. I know a lot of people are saying there is a lot of repetition in what you do and who you fight, but I think the setting is REALLY well done and dark as hell. I haven't gone into the Dark Zone since I'm only level 8 and it seems to recommend level 10, but when I played the beta the Dark Zone was a blast

vivisectvi

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Just got it today. Kinda feels like Destiny with the MMOish setup, which is a positive IMO. They have one over on Destiny with their matchmaking mechanics already, though. Great stuff.

Broward83

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Loving The Division right now. So easy to grind out missions and the back story is majorly engrossing

If anyone on here has it for Xbox, I'm down.

Edwin

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Let me know how it is after a few weeks and once you've finished all the main story stuff. I'm finishing up Until Dawn and Wolfenstein, but might get into this if it's got some staying power and doesn't feel too grindy.

Broward83

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Whelp, hit Lvl 30 last night. Really enjoyed the story that was told. Now to grind for the rest of the BoO and to start trying to get High End gear.

Conspiracy_Victim

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Broward said:
Whelp, hit Lvl 30 last night. Really enjoyed the story that was told. Now to grind for the rest of the BoO and to start trying to get High End gear.

PS4? Haven't seen you on much/at all. I'm DZing, hit me up if you want to do dailies or DZ. Got some high ends (including a Midas I just got from the DZ) so I can hold my own.

Broward83

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Xbox. I picked up the ps4 pretty much just for Street Fighter. The Show comes out in a week, so I'll probably be playing on it a bit more.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
Still playing this. Some of the later missions get savage if you are alone. The enemies have no problem swarming your ass and you pretty much have to keep moving to survive.

I'm waiting until I hit 30 to really get into the Dark Zone because that seems to be where the longevity for this game will come from.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
I picked this back up after their big revamp and they've done a good job giving you stuff to do after hitting level 30 and finishing the story. I thought only the Dark Zone would be what keeps people coming but they've added a lot of MMO-style trappings in the main world and I keep finding better loot where before I kinda hit a wall after beating the last mission.

Plus, the survival mode DLC they just put out sounds really interesting.

Laz

Making dumb observations since 2002
Reaction score
Bumping this because I nabbed it a couple weeks ago for $20. Anybody still play on PS4 and want to party up?

Laz

Reaction score
GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKERS THE GLOBAL EVENT MEANS CLOSE QUARTERS COMBAT SO STOP DICKING AROUND WITH YOUR MARKSMAN RIFLES AND GET BEHIND THE GUY WITH THE BALLISTIC SHIELD.

Laz

Reaction score
1.8 is out. Fooled around with the Optimization Station quick this morning. Each roll takes 50 DivTech and some regular currency, so get to farming! I only had enough to get a few rolls on my primary loadout (4-piece Striker classified, 2-piece Sentry classified, tanky build), but my gear score nearly capped early.

Be sure to switch back to World Tier 5 after signing in for the first time because they've reset the tiers. Your 256 gear score should also be upped to 275 at log in.

Laz

Reaction score
Bump. They're running a GE each weekend for March so players can have more chances at getting the classified gear they want. I'm still one piece away from a full Lone Star classified set and just completed my Striker classified this afternoon. I still haven't gotten the House, though.

:-/
Čœrêÿ Łåżárüß said:
GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKERS THE GLOBAL EVENT MEANS CLOSE QUARTERS COMBAT SO STOP DICKING AROUND WITH YOUR MARKSMAN RIFLES AND GET BEHIND THE GUY WITH THE BALLISTIC SHIELD.
Still true. What the hell, people? The description literally tells you that your damage is increased in close quarters and the further modifiers make it clear that a further distance allows the enemy to deal more damage. SO WHY ARE YOU NOT FACE TANKING?!?!

Also, The Division 2 has been announced, which has been rumored for the last couple of weeks. Here's to hoping they learned their lesson from how botched and broken the first was at launch and at least use the 1.8 update as a base.

And maybe mess with the RNG a bit so you don't keep getting inferior versions of gear you've had for months.

Conspiracy_Victim

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Finished a 6 piece Final Measure and Lone Star sets so far. The Lone Star is hilarious. The six piece bonus gives you a 75% chance of proccing "Berserk" at 50% ammo, which will refill your ammo and up your damage and firing speed. I was farming Lex and one of the guys hit his Tactical Link at the start of the last big fight while I was using the Big Alejandro (LMG, 1000 Rounds Per Minute base) I procced Berserk and basically mowed down everything. After a little investigation, I figure I hit about 1800 RPM. Bullet hosed everything.

Laz

Reaction score
I'm still missing my LS classified mask, so I've been rocking a Ninja build that gives me 3 piece Alpha, 3 piece Lone Star, and 2 piece Striker. M4 and a Showstopper, both with Responsive, and my firearms are at least 7500 with crit chance of %20.5.

Conspiracy_Victim

Integral Poster
Reaction score
For my firearms based sets (Lone Star, Deadeye, Hunter's Faith) I've gone full glass cannon of 9-10k firearms, minimal electronics, and the rest stamina (about 3k or so.) My LS Showstopper has a listed damage of just over 500k. I love the set, even though it's not terribly viable for any PvP and is too bullet intensive for Resistance unless you want to spend the tech unlocking the reload stations. It does help that LS set lets you have double the ammo carrying capacity though.

Laz

Reaction score
Bumping because the final beta for Division 2 is playable right now. It has plenty of bugs, like getting stuck on corners and some terrible spurs of lag/delay, but I'm really enjoying it. It feels like a good combination of Division and Wildlands, for better and worse.

Laz

Reaction score
The friend invites are working again for the private beta. I have 2 invites left I can send if anybody's interested and playing on PS4. All you'll need is an account with Ubisoft and to be in the States.

Laz

Reaction score
I'll be streaming the Division 2 Open Beta soon. Feel free to give it a watch if you're so inclined.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
I fired the beta up today. Only got to the first settlement, but I was reminded how tight the gameplay and shooting are in this series. I'm interested to see what changes they made to keep it from getting too repetitive and their revamped endgame content.

Laz

Reaction score
Major differences I've noticed between this, the private beta, and TD1.

-TTK is lowered drastically, for both better and worse. Better because even Elite enemies can be taken down with gear you'll pick up along the way, better because the PVP (both Dark Zone and Conflict) feel more about skill/tactics than OP gear, worse because you can get one-shotted if you're not watching your ass.

-Movement is more fluid in the open beta than in the private by a longshot. Massive deliberately loosened movement to prevent the "chicken dancing" that was everywhere in TD1 PVP (quickly sprinting left and right at close range to become a harder target), but getting stuck in doorways and entering the wrong side of cover is an issue. This is absolutely going to be patched along the way but will be closer to what it is now than TD1.

-Gear is better balanced and builds are more diverse with the introduction of brand sets. Three pieces of D&H brand gear gives you boosts to accuracy, critical hit chance, and critical hit damage in addition to each individual piece's stats. Massive have already confirmed that gear sets will be returning later on, so I'm hesitantly excited about mixing/matching different sets to optimize my preferred build (LOVED the 7/5/3 ratio in TD1).

-Weapon mods are a mixed bag. The way of acquiring them is improved, unlocking them via perks at the BoO or crafting based off blueprints via challenges, taking the RNG factor out entirely. The downside is how ridiculous some of the plus/minus stats on them are. An angled grip that improves accuracy by 20% but diminishes stability by 10%? Top rail sights that decrease accuracy but improve crit chance? These need to be adjusted quickly, and probably will on the sooner side.

-Traversing DC is exponentially more immersive than NYC. They've taken notes from the positive feedback that the West Side Piers expansion from TD1 1.8 and made DC feel alive at nearly every turn. I have no complaints about how freeroam feels. Perfect.

-The Dark Zone will be available in three flavors at full release: normalized (what the beta has), Rogue 2.0 (current TD1 DZ), and Occupied (total free-for-all, no Rogue mechanics, higher tier NPCs). They're going to be rotated on a regular basis, so if you want to farm DZ East but want to wait until it's normalized? Give it a couple days, or however long the schedule says.

Overall, this is an improvement on the first, one where exploration is rewarded much better. Having random battles in freeroam, or even walking up on a war between a pack of Hyenas and a squad of True Sons, is exhilarating, nevermind the fact that you can follow supply teams out of settlements and help them accomplish their missions.

Laz

Reaction score
Played all weekend, as I see Conspiracy also has. Quick tip while leveling up: main missions, SHD missions, and control points take priority in an area. Do other activities/side missions as needed for ongoing projects, otherwise the grind starts to feel like an actual grind and not natural progression.

KingPK

KingPK
Reaction score
I'm enjoying it so far even though I got that bug that pretty much makes turrets and drones useless. They apparently put out a fix today, so we'll see. I think I like the NYC setting of the first one more, but it seems like there's much more variety to what you do in the second.

Laz

Reaction score
Swap to Chem Launcher: Reinforcer for your quick healing needs. It's like the Booster Shot from the first game.

SethRif

New Poster Who'll Post A Lot
Reaction score
When's the world tier 5 game going to be released by the way. Or what ever it's called. I find it hard to find a reason to log in until that happens. I just can't seem to get meaningful upgrades atm.

Laz

Reaction score
1. Welcome to the board! Or welcome back, if that's the case.

2. WT5 drops on April 5. There's plenty reason to play until then (capturing control points makes alllll the difference in invaded areas once you hit endgame), and there's some lower tier gear pieces that have talents/attributes you can swap to higher tier loot. For example, I nabbed a FAMAS with the Breadbasket talent (body shots stack for bonus headshot damage) at 28 and I've swapped it twice now (once to a GS240 F2000, now on my GS298 SOCOM MK16).

Laz

Reaction score
New patch changed everything the average player was loving about TD2 and nerfed the fuck out of anything viable while buffing NPCs. Extended mags now only add 10 rounds, DTE perks don't do shit, and skills have become even more worthless than they already were.

Laz

Reaction score
After TU3, the game runs like it should have, with only minor details that are annoying. Skill builds are still mediocre at best, but even DPS builds feel a little off given how difficult it is to get anything over 25% CHC. I've seen builds that are over that, sure, but I'm still longing for something as fulfilling as my 10K FA classified Striker from the first, or even my 7/7/3 classified Lone Star.

That said? I vastly appreciate the buff that the G36 variants received from TD1 to TD2. I have a go-to ranked at 499 with Close & Personal/Allegro/Stop Drop & Roll for talents, dishing out a 14.7k base damage at 825 RPM. I only wish that RNGesus would be on my side when trying to farm DCD for the Sweet Dreams because I've yet to use the Lullaby I got for pre-ordering and really, really enjoy shotguns for CQC.